Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar

Chub class: Wider airline seat for fat flyers

...who will get an extra two inches...but slimmer travellers lose space

Read More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...st_read_module
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Banned
    Filippinas will be okay then....

Banned
    So that would mean if we buy a ticket online then we would have to declare our height and weight online...and if we don't get it right then we would get penalised like excess baggage?

Perhaps we could do what boxers do when they want to drop down a weight division, except before we fly...

Trusted Member
    Well it would certainly be a relief not to have someone else's gross body draped over you, BUT they should charge by total weight too....passenger plus baggage, if they want fairness.

After all, it is the weight carried by the plane that dictates how much fuel it needs.

Banned
    I can just see people going to the loo / comfort room before checking in. Or maybe chopping an appendage off....

Banned
    They should not have allowed that bloater in the photo on the flight - not only does he obstruct the aisle I doubt if he'd get through the emergency exit

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Well it would certainly be a relief not to have someone else's gross body draped over you, BUT they should charge by total weight too....passenger plus baggage, if they want fairness.

After all, it is the weight carried by the plane that dictates how much fuel it needs.
    I think they do that on a smaller plane (?).. I remember flying to Naga via Cebu Pacific (in smaller plane)..at check in, they weigh us and then our luggages to check our total weight.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    I think they do that on a smaller plane (?).. I remember flying to Naga via Cebu Pacific (in smaller plane)..at check in, they weigh us and then our luggages to check our total weight.
    I never liked the outside loo on those Fokker 50s.

Trusted Member
    Approaching Naga City (Bicol) at 18,000 feet in the Fokker 50 Turboprop.

(They might have planes that don't need a push start now).

You can also see why there aren't many roads in that area.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    So that would mean if we buy a ticket online then we would have to declare our height and weight online...and if we don't get it right then we would get penalised like excess baggage?

Perhaps we could do what boxers do when they want to drop down a weight division, except before we fly...
    Ive had the misfortune to have sat to somebody that size on a long distance...not at all a pleasant experience

They should be made, like you said, declare dimensions before booking a flight.

These airlines have gone to great trouble fitting as many seats as possible so that we can afford to fly.

Surely the designers must of been given an average persons size to work from to place the seats like they have.

And surely the airline in question, by allowing the big guy in picture to sit where he's seated, must be breaking health and safety regulations at the least.

Unlike boxers ( Hatton excluded) I dont think for one moment the lardy in the pic has the will power to fast for for 48 hrs.

Nothing against fat people, like smoking, its there choice but, come on..I'd wouldn't dare get on a plane being that size.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    We were checked on our flight back from Boracay. Baggage and personal body weight combined.

Trusted Member
    Well, smoking is banned of course.

Maybe people who can't fit properly (and safely) into the seats should be also.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that total passenger weight was based on an average of 160lbs per person...in the absence of actually weighing them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post

Unlike boxers ( Hatton excluded) I dont think for one moment the lardy in the pic has the will power to fast for for 48 hrs.
    Well yeah. He would need to lose a bit more than just a few pounds at the weigh in. I think he would need to split himself in 2....

Trusted Member
    He would need to starve for a year !

Banned
    How would that guy fit in the flight toilet cubicle / comfort room?

Respected Member
    I sat behind a guy like this on my last trip to phils, I think he was Egyptian, anyway he broke a chair tring to force it back further then was so rude to the air hostesses, telling them get me this, where's my food? Ect. He.was moaning about legroom and was given 2 seats. I could see the air hostess was really angry, I made comment in his earshot that I admired how she managed to deal with rude customers, he glanced around and I stared him out, he fell asleep soon after and snored like a pig.

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancashirelad View Post
    he glanced around and I stared him out, he fell asleep soon after and snored like a pig.
    I think I may have seen him.

Banned
    What if you are a 6ft 5" rugby prop forward? Same rules I wonder?

Trusted Member
    Well, he won't be very comfortable, but should do well in the boarding scrum.

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi;367949[IMG
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/06/16/article-2160322-139ABD20000005DC-942_638x456.jpg[/IMG]
    OMG that picture is really scary
    Even two seats may not be enough.

During my travelling days I sat next to some large people but absolutely nothing like that picture and nothing that caused me major issues. Just a little frustration at times.
    Maybe I was just lucky during those 30 years, or maybe people of that size just didn't fly.

Imagine a flight to Philippines like that
    That would be a nightmare for both of us I guess

That's really quite funny!
    I'm wondering how he got the seatbelt around him, maybe someone used some roof rack straps to secure him to the seat?

It's not the weight, it's the personal space. You know the little "cage" they have to measure hand luggage? Each csutomer should have to sit in a seat sized one. If the flubber squishes out and touches the sides, a "fat ......." alarm should sound, with lots of flashing lights, and the customer should be required to buy a second seat if they wish to fly.

Also, can someone more clever than me please put the pig in a tricycle in the "More fun..." thread?

"Fast food... More fun in the Philippines"

Trusted Member
    hahaha !

It can be arranged.

Respected Member
    Always been my nightmare to end up sitting next to someone very large, and vowed that I'd kick up a fuss on a longhaul if that happened.
    I never take a middle seat anymore after I read an article about a guy on a plane where this couple were so fat they couldn't sit next to each other, and so he ended up between them....

Banned
    Should work both ways though. Should be able to put two small kids in one seat.

Agreed Lastlid, if the 2 kids can really stay within the boundaries of 1 seat without infringing other passengers. Something like a double child booster seat that would fit between the arms of 1 adult seat would do it. Hmmm, where's my patent application form...

Thread Information