Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    This announcement has been combined with a number of other immigration issues, most of which would be welcome by the vast majority.
    Many of those who agree only see those sections they have an interest in.
    Human nature.
    True, and of course normally I would have been one of the ones cheering.

Just annoying that everyone is tarred with the same brush.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Any chance of a part time job to make up the shortfall Andy?
    Looks like the only way to get her here Terpe. I will enquire. Thanks mate. But will I have to wait till next year for a new p60?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    Looks like the only way to get her here Terpe. I will enquire. Thanks mate. But will I have to wait till next year for a new p60?
    I dont think so Andy. I didnt submit my P60. Reasons:

a] The tax and NI paid and income received was on the payslips that I submitted.

b] I only receive a P60 once a year in April or thereabouts. And my wife's application went in in September.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Okay I just read this...I know I know..I'm still reading and taking this all in as it's one less concern for me!

ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND LIFE IN THE UK TEST
    115. The speaking and listening qualification must be secure, robust and generally available in the UK. We will consider these criteria over the coming months and will publish details of acceptable speaking and listening qualifications early next year. An applicant who presented, and had accepted, an English language qualification at B1 level or above in connection with a previous application to the UK Border Agency should be able to continue to rely on the qualification as evidence of B1 level speaking and listening skills, provided that no doubts have arisen about its genuineness.

So does this mean I won't have to retake the English Language test even if the test result/certificate expires (based on the result I had last year, which is an overall band score of 7?) Oh well, either way, I'd be prepared for that..

Anyway, take a look at this list of the approved English test..you can check the band score and it's equivalent level for each passing mark..this is as of 24 January 2012..

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...lish-tests.pdf

-=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

oh no:( but i assume my application for ILR the 23RD of April this year is not affected i hope
    A place for everything, everything in its place.

Quote Originally Posted by Moy View Post
    oh no:( but i assume my application for ILR the 23RD of May this year is not affected i hope
    No need to worry Moy, it's not affected..they're just taking soooooooooo long to process it!
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Trusted Member
    No it won't be affected....as long as they've acknowledged receipt of it before July 9th, is the way I read it.

Settlement requirements (ILR) - After 24 months (2 years) probationary period

- Integration requirement (B1 level, Life in UK Test. (or below B1 level ESOL course)

- Test of relationship - subsisting requirement

- Good character, no unspent convictions

- Adequate maintenance (Income Support level for a family of that size) and accommodation

So really no changes apart from the addition of B1 level for English
    I am very confuse now...B1 LEVEL for english?? aside from the life in the UK LIFE TEST is this applied when and if the ILR be approve..i know it says this changes was July and they have receive my application was May this year

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    "As Mrs Lastlid's visa was granted pre 09th July 2012; she will only need to serve the 2 year probationary period. As long as she applies for ILR pre October 2013 she does not need to meet the higher English language threshold."

Also I seem to recall that when I phoned Hopkins Manila last year they said that the english language test result was "forever" but I wouldn't swear to that as it was a good few months back. Maybe I picked that up incorrectly?
    yes i think that's right, your lucky lastlid, you've just made it by a couple of months, when did your misses come to the UK Sept 2011 ?

if she did she can apply for ILR sept 2011 + 23 months = probably sometime in Aug 2013

not sure about the english language test pass being forever, some i think are valid for 2yrs..
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    A child joining parents who both have settled status in the UK will not be subject to the financial requirement (income threshold) and will continue to get settlement on arrival (indefinite leave to enter).

good to see this if you've got stepkids, means waiting til you have ILR, lucky if your under the old rules, but for some means keeping apart from your kids for 5yrs , the tories the party where the family unit is important , bullingdon
    my 2 kids who has the both passport english and PH..and the other was was my dependent.. applied ILR last april 23rd they receive the application May..i know it says July changes but im confuse weather we are affected on the said changes makes me worry again and again joe
    and whats that B1 level for english language?? aside from the UK test that we ve takin is that another test?? commonnn :(

Moy, don't worry as you and your child won't be affected as you already applied before 9th July.. so RELAX!
    -=rayna.keith=-

I dont think so Andy. I didnt submit my P60. Reasons:

a] The tax and NI paid and income received was on the payslips that I submitted.

b] I only receive a P60 once a year in April or thereabouts. And my wife's application went in in September.
    got to be careful of the following,,

The evidential requirements are:
    a.
    Salaried employment: All of the following must be submitted:

P60 (if this has been issued) and wage slips for the six month period prior to the application, or as appropriate, for the 12 month period prior to the application.

Letter from the employer confirming the person’s employment and annual salary, the length of their employment (and the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application), and the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

A copy of the employment contract.

Bank statements corresponding to the same period as the wage slips, showing that the salary has been paid into the person’s account.

and

EXAMPLE SCENARIOS FOR A FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT OF Ł18,600
    Sponsor in the UK
    Leon
    Leon works in a bank in the UK earning Ł19,000 a year. He has been with the bank for over a year. Leon will meet the financial requirement using Option A.
    If Leon had been promoted into his current role within the last 6 months from a salary of Ł15,000, he would not be able to use this option. Leon would either have to wait until he had completed 6 months at his new salary of Ł19,000, or use non-employment income or savings as well.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...oi-fam-mig.pdf
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    yes i think that's right, your lucky lastlid, you've just made it by a couple of months, when did your misses come to the UK Sept 2011 ?

if she did she can apply for ILR sept 2011 + 23 months = probably sometime in Aug 2013

not sure about the english language test pass being forever, some i think are valid for 2yrs..
    You might be right on the validity. One of the two certificates from Hopkins says the "Report is valid for two years...."

My wife's visa is dated 14th Sept 2011. She entered the UK on 1st Oct 2011

B1 Level TOEIC
    Listening - 275 / 495
    Speaking - 120 / 200

She scored at least a B1 in both of the TOEIC Listening and Speaking tests. Checking the scores against the UKBA's pdf linked.

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Moy, don't worry as you and your child won't be affected as you already applied before 9th July.. so RELAX!
    well i am Rayna as i read the thread although July changes but what worry me as well is that B1 LEVEL for english?? i assume you are in FLR..right so next year you should be applying for ILR?? AND BEFORE that we have already taken the test LIFE IN THE UK TEST..which demonstrate our knowledge ing english that even the genuine english people here could nt answer if you know what am saying so its kind of unfair in the sense you know.. but it in same way its a disturbance

well i am Rayna as i reading the thread although July changes but what worry me as well is that B1 LEVEL for english?? i assume you are in FLR..right so next year you should be applying for ILR?? AND BEFORE that we have already taken the test call LIFE IN THE UK TEST..which demonstrate our knowledge ing english that even the genuine english people here couldnt answer if you know what am saying so its kind of unfair in the sense you know.. but it in same way its a disturbance
    I haven't even got my FLR(M) yet! 11 weeks of waiting already! I'm just concern about the English language test now coz by October 2013, I may have to retake it since my IELTS test result is valid from July 2011-July 2013, which is a complete nonsense for me considering I already passed it, even above their required qualification!

Anyway, I feel bad for the new applicants on 9th July 2012 onwards..they would need A LOT of proofs and a BIG AMOUNT of money just to be with their other half..
    -=rayna.keith=-

You might be right on the validity. One of the two certificates from Hopkins says the "Report is valid for two years...."

My wife's visa is dated 14th Sept 2011. She entered the UK on 1st Oct 2011

She scored at least a B1 in both of the TOEIC Listening and Speaking tests. Checking the scores against the UKBA's pdf linked.

closer than i posted then, she can apply for ILR from about 3rd Sept 2013

my 2 kids who has the both passport english and PH..and the other was was my dependent.. applied ILR last april 23rd they receive the application May..i know it says July changes but im confuse weather we are affected on the said changes makes me worry again and again joe
    and whats that B1 level for english language?? aside from the UK test that we ve takin is that another test?? commonnn :(
    ukba are going to deport you Ross back to the phils
    afraid not your stuck here
    no this should not effect you at all, stop worrying Ross

I haven't even got my FLR(M) yet! 11 weeks of waiting already! I'm just concern about the English language test now coz by October 2013, I may have to retake it since my IELTS test result is valid from July 2011-July 2013, which is a complete nonsense for me considering I already passed it, even above their required qualification!

Anyway, I feel bad for the new applicants on 9th July 2012 onwards..they would need A LOT of proofs and a BIG AMOUNT of money just to be with their other half..
    so its means on my case as ive applied the ILR..i have to take that b1 level for english aside from that UK LIFE TEST
    CONFUSE.COM me now..

Banned
    closer than i posted then, she can apply for ILR from about 3rd Sept 2013
    Thats good.

You have been very busy today Joe. Thanks.

your lucky Rayna my misses has had to take IELTS many times, becuase she needed at least 6.5 or was it 7 in each section of the academic version and also becuase it expired not for UKBA thou for the GMC (general Medical Council ) like your english is going to get worse the longer you've been here

so its means on my case as ive applied the ILR..i have to take that b1 level for english aside from that UK LIFE TEST
    CONFUSE.COM me now..
    NOOOOOO... you won't have to take any tests as you've already applied for ILR before 9th July...RELAX Moy, these changes won't have any effect on you at all.. well unless you sponsor a dependent from the Philippines after 9th July
    -=rayna.keith=-

ukba are going to deport you Ross back to the phils
    afraid not your stuck here
    no this should not effect you at all, stop worrying Ross
    you know joe at times i think you were my long lost soul mate who hide from that dark angelic body

NOOOOOO... you won't have to take any tests as you've already applied for ILR before 9th July...RELAX Moy, these changes won't have any effect on you at all.. well unless you sponsor a dependent from the Philippines after 9th July
    hmmm thats bit clearer now Rayna but i still feel pity to those genuinely sake to settle with there half..am sure in your case you'll get over it..touch wood.. goodluck to us all..Gods Speed

how long your application took before they receive it?...bloody hell i will post mine thursday. Hope they would receieve it before 9th of july

your lucky Rayna my misses has had to take IELTS many times, becuase she needed at least 6.5 or was it 7 in each section of the academic version and also becuase it expired not for UKBA thou for the GMC (general Medical Council ) like your english is going to get worse the longer you've been here
    That's what Keith was saying to me, like they think the spouses would lose the ability to speak English after they live here for 2 years..like an expiry date..hahahaha..

Anyway, what I just read was, for the new applicants (spouses from outside UK) on 9th July onwards, they need to present a Basic Level or A1 level of English only...upon their settlement application after 5 years, a B1 level of English and Life in the UK test should be presented...
    -=rayna.keith=-

Thats good.

You have been very busy today Joe. Thanks.
    thanks
    yes i've been up early today, usually get up at just after 4am, but i put little joe to bed at 9pm last night and fell asleep to, and woke and got up at 2am

Quote Originally Posted by gparry2007 View Post
    how long your application took before they receive it?...bloody hell i will post mine thursday. Hope they would receieve it before 9th of july
    Make sure you send it via next day registered mail Grace, and include a prepaid next day registered mail envelope too in your application. My application was received the next day. And after 2 days, they got the money from the bank..and now they're taking soooo long to process...
    -=rayna.keith=-

you know joe at times i think you were my long lost soul mate who hide from that dark angelic body
    i dont know who is the bigger devil you or my misses but i think i'll stick with the devil i know you might be worse than my misses

Quote Originally Posted by gparry2007 View Post
    i have post my ILR Application the 23rd of April and i received a letter from UK Border Agency confirming to it the 1st of May 2012

Make sure you send it via next day registered mail Grace, and include a prepaid next day registered mail envelope too in your application. My application was received the next day. And after 2 days, they got the money from the bank..and now they're taking soooo long to process...
    your right rayna you need proof of postage if something goes wrong, because its the day you post it that counts, not the day they receive it or decide to look at it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information