Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    5 year probationary period for ALL

After initial 30 months (2.5 years) living in UK

- Renew Leave to Remain in-country after 2.5 years
    So ... w.ef. 9th July, this year, NEW applicants granted Spousal Visas must then wait a total of 5 years before qualifying for ILR. Understood! But ... does this mean they'll be compelled to fork out an ADDITIONAL hefty fee - AND be expected to meet the income *threshhold - (*likely to have been raised in the interim) simply to extend their stay by ANOTHER period of 'FLR'? Daylight robbery, if so!

How about those coming here via the Fiance(e) route? Surely for them, that'll mean FOUR lots of fees instead of the present three. And what about spouses already here ... will THEY need to wait 5 years before becoming eligible to apply for ILR?

I'm asking such questions ... just want to ensure I've got the facts right for the sake of relaying the correct information to others.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    The answer is in my post #4
    Now Post 9. I think I am keeping up.....thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    It won't affect you at all Grace..you would lodge your application before the said effective date
    wow! thanks rayna. i have question for u but i dont knw if u knw but i just want to knw ur opinion, im abt to apply my ILR this JUne so now im collecting all the rqmt's i needed and i have a baby who's a british by birth , do u think i need to submit her Birth Certificate even thou she's a british?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mjwoz View Post
    hi gparry,
    same as me, OH! my GOSG!!!! im abt to apply as well my ILR this June, but im planning it to be done last week of June bcoz i'll wait the payslip and bank statement of my husband this end of june....
    will u also going to submit the birth certificate of ur child eventhough ur child is a british? thanks .. hope u can reply to me...
    might as well yeah and his primary school place letter from council. I got all the documents now ready just reviewing the application form. I got no worries about the new rules just this english test which i thought i need to take. Can't be .... to sit on the test as i've got practical driving test next month. Too much to think about

Quote Originally Posted by gparry2007 View Post
    might as well yeah and his primary school place letter from council. I got all the documents now ready just reviewing the application form. I got no worries about the new rules just this english test which i thought i need to take. Can't be .... to sit on the test as i've got practical driving test next month. Too much to think about
    thanks for that gparry...yup too much to think abt...so when are u planning to apply ur ILR?
    Last edited by mjwoz; 12th June 2012 at 13:22. Reason: spelling

those applicants who will qualify for ILR from October 2013, they will need to pass the Life in the UK test and a B1 level English speaking and listening qualification in order to qualify for settlement irrespective of the fact they first arrived in the UK prior to the new rules being implemented.

i'm wondering if their could be a problem with someone earning 18,599 they own their own proprty and no debts but they fail the minimum income test, yet someone is paid 18,600 they have a mortgage or pay rent and have debts but will pass the minimum income , not fair .
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    those applicants who will qualify for ILR from October 2013, they will need to pass the Life in the UK test and a B1 level English speaking and listening qualification in order to qualify for settlement irrespective of the fact they first arrived in the UK prior to the new rules being implemented.

i'm wondering if their could be a problem with someone earning 18,599 they own their own proprty and no debts but they fail the minimum income test, yet someone is paid 18,600 they have a mortgage or pay rent and have debts but will pass the finanical income , not fair .
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

from what i recall, if you can't pass at B! level in time,

If an applicant cannot make an application for the five year route (e.g. because they cannot meet the rules on switching between migration routes in the UK), they can still make an application under the family Immigration Rules, on the correct application form and paying the relevant application fee, and be granted leave if they can establish an Article 8 claim under the rules, e.g. on the basis of a child’s best interests. As they cannot meet the requirements of the five year family route, they will have a longer route to settlement: 10 years (granted in four periods of 30 months, with a fifth application for indefinite leave to remain) 10yr rule
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post

i'm wondering if their could be a problem with someone earning 18,599 they own their own proprty and no debts but they fail the minimum income test, yet someone is paid 18,600 they have a mortgage or pay rent and have debts but will pass the minimum income , not fair .
    Presumably if you already have a pass to level B1 then you are okay. No retake required?

thanks for that gparry...yup too much to think abt...so when are u planning to apply ur ILR?
    will post it before friday...or do premium if lucky enough tho get an appointment this june but then Ł400 pounds is a lot of money to consider. Thats one bloody LV bag

you'll pass the test again rayna dont worry

you'll pass the test again rayna dont worry
    Thanks Grace! Well I'm confident I can pass the test, as I was able to get a B1 passing mark last year.. although retaking it would be like nonsense right? It's not as if you lose your ability to speak English as time goes by.. just another rip off from this government..
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

will post it before friday...or do premium if lucky enough tho get an appointment this june but then Ł400 pounds is a lot of money to consider. Thats one bloody LV bag
    well as they said to those who used the premuim, its worth to pay more rather than u feel those sleepless night and worrying abt the application.
    if u dont mind, may i knw those documents that ure going to submit?
    thanks and hope all things well to us...

looking at it simply, the gov is saying your screwed ,

and my personal view , this is discrimination against anyone other than european

Banned
    Thanks Grace! Well I'm confident I can pass the test, as I was able to get a B1 passing mark last year.. although retaking it would be like nonsense right? It's not as if you lose your ability to speak English as time goes by.. just another rip off from this government..
    I agree. And if anything a Spouses english should improve once she arrives (depends on who the spouse is married to I guess ) I am sure my wife's english is a whole lot better now after 7 months. And I have managed to knock the americanisms out of her everyday language.....

well as they said to those who used the premuim, its worth to pay more rather than u feel those sleepless night and worrying abt the application.
    if u dont mind, may i knw those documents that ure going to submit?
    thanks and hope all things well to us...
    well the usual me and husband passport, birth certificate, marriage cert etc.
    3 months bank statement (joint account), 3 months payslip
    letter from doctors clinic, council tax, gas and electric, letter from landlord, bills from store cards (lol) insurance policy, tenancy agreement, letters from HRMC, letters from the bank, xerox copy of my driving license both paper and the card ( wont be able to send hem as i need them next
    month) and as i mentioned earlier my sons placement in school as its under my name so might be useful. And a cheque for visa fee

well the usual me and husband passport, birth certificate, marriage cert etc.
    3 months bank statement (joint account), 3 months payslip
    letter from doctors clinic, council tax, gas and electric, letter from landlord, bills from store cards (lol) insurance policy, tenancy agreement, letters from HRMC, letters from the bank, xerox copy of my driving license both paper and the card ( wont be able to send hem as i need them next
    month) and as i mentioned earlier my sons placement in school as its under my name so might be useful. And a cheque for visa fee
    All looks OK to me.
    But with PEO it's so important that your application is straightforward with no complications and that you're double sure that all the documentary evidence meets the requirement is clear and needs no additional verifications or checks by back-office caseworkers or you'll not get a decision and go straight to the bottom of the postal applications.

Good luck

seriously i've been crying all day after reading that , i'm insecure now i hate being in a long distance relantionship and these new rules made me so certain that i might stay in a long distance relantionship forever , i'm very depressed my life been a mess i'm a full time student in computing science i was going to give up my uni and studies just to be with the person that i love but now better to stay in my country and have my full right . my partner is currently working sometimes his salary is up 1700Ł it depends on how much hours he works . i'm planning to visit him this summer to see if i like living there , i'm so in love with him i can't just let him go but meantime i can't destroy my future and go chasing dreams that its harder to reach . i'm very confused i've turning my off all day just to not speak with him

All looks OK to me.
    But with PEO it's so important that your application is straightforward with no complications and that you're double sure that all the documentary evidence meets the requirement is clear and needs no additional verifications or checks by back-office caseworkers or you'll not get a decision and go straight to the bottom of the postal applications.

Good luck
    thanks for checking terpe

i forgot to mention my life in the uk test result and driving theory test certificate. Do i need to add more letter or those are quite enough. what about the cheque what name shall we put to it? Putting pay to cash is a big NO, NO!...

Banned
    I have just got word from another party that my wife, who was awarded her spouse visa in September last year, will not need to resit her English Language test. I think we have been very lucky. Phew.

Mari told me she only got a slot for July at Croydon and nothing from Cardiff, Birmingham, Liverpool, etc. She lost the slot she was aiming for June at Cardiff in just 2 weeks!
    I lost the slot in matter of minutes while putting my daughters name , no avail slot for JUne with cardiff , bristol ,solihull, sheffield and croydon but Good God !!... we got the appointment 2nd of JUly ...I'll make sure I'll bring all the documents whether they need it or not , such an expensive fee to pay for a wife of a '' British National''
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    I have just got word from another party that my wife, who was awarded her spouse visa in September last year, will not need to resit her English Language test. I think we have been very lucky. Phew.
    I really glad to hear all is well from your side lastlid

As you said "Phew".

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    would it apply to someone who would get their FLR(M) this year too? How did you know?
    -=rayna.keith=-

yes another rip off... I wonder how much more money they can drain from us migrants to supply the one's from inside the EU or the immigrants
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Trusted Member
    Snippets from the Parliamentary questions/debate, whatever were featured on the Today prog, Radio4 this morning.

Mr.Vaz was pointing out what an impact it would have on the Asian community in his constituency....you know, the ones who brought most of this on in the first place.

Ironic that we now need him and his community as allies.

Meanwhile the other MPs were busy cheering this popular anti-immigration stance.

I don't suppose any of the ignorant idiots have given any thought to the effect this will have on 'normal' relationships between Brits and Filipinas.

Banned
    would it apply to someone who would get their FLR(M) this year too? How did you know?
    I phoned the Advisor that organised our Spouse visa.

I simply asked if my wife would need to resit her english language test ( Spouse Visa - awarded Sept 2011 ) and the response was no. No need if she has passed already to at least the B1 level which she has.

"As Mrs Lastlid's visa was granted pre 09th July 2012; she will only need to serve the 2 year probationary period. As long as she applies for ILR pre October 2013 she does not need to meet the higher English language threshold."

Also I seem to recall that when I phoned Hopkins Manila last year they said that the english language test result was "forever" but I wouldn't swear to that as it was a good few months back. Maybe I picked that up incorrectly?

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    .....Meanwhile the other MPs were busy cheering this popular anti-immigration stance.

I don't suppose any of the ignorant idiots have given any thought to the effect this will have on 'normal' relationships between Brits and Filipinas.
    This announcement has been combined with a number of other immigration issues, most of which would be welcome by the vast majority.
    Many of those who agree only see those sections they have an interest in.
    Human nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulypoos1973 View Post
    OMG I cant believe how drastic the financial changes are, previously I earnt enough to pass the financial criteria but now Im earning a lot less then is required.

I was married in May, and Im already missing my wife so much...was preparing documents for visa application but what now, does this mean she will never be able to join me here in the UK? Im so angry and depressed at this, seems like my whole worlds caved in. :-( :-( :-(
    Same here I will never earn that much again my wife is distraught. And if I ever do they will raise the bar again.

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    Same here I will never earn that much again my wife is distraught. And if I ever do they will raise the bar again.
    Any chance of a part time job to make up the shortfall Andy?

Banned
    I really glad to hear all is well from your side lastlid

As you said "Phew".
    Thanks. Assuming the Isle of Man follows suit as it generally does.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information