Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

this £18600 and the government

lots have been said about the government and the figure that was being thrown about, lucky for some the figure is just over £18000, and unlucky for those that do not earn that, the reason i am writing this is, what would you do if you dont earn this amount or if the figure was more, i can only speak for myself here, so i dont mean to offend anyone, if my emma was still in the phils i would work has hard as i could and yes we would be in contact each day or as many times as you can, skype, cheap phone calls, thank god for the internet, but no way would i ever think we would part, it would make my mind up to go over there as soon as i could, you could have a great month out there each year or two month it all depends on what you want in this life,

Banned
    My wife's sister hasn't seen her husband for a couple of years. He is an OFW.

I don't know, I just don't know

BUT, after I rightfully got my .... kicked a bit on here yesterday for getting down about this, I now think, why should the tories split me up from my partner

So it might take a little longer, but I will work my backside off and get my wage up to this. I am just beyond angry

if it comes down to it i would work for 6 months save as much as poss then go to phil for 6 months or untill money starts to run out then do it over again till we could afford to run a buisines then stay this gov will never keep me apart from marites

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    if it comes down to it i would work for 6 months save as much as poss then go to phil for 6 months or untill money starts to run out then do it over again till we could afford to run a buisines then stay this gov will never keep me apart from marites
    Yeah, me too. Definitely, for sure.
    Or maybe 9 months Pinas 3 months elsewhere. Easier to earn big money for temp job in Japan.

Trusted Member
    Where there's a will there's a way.

I couldn't begin to describe the I've had to go through to first bring the ex-wife and her kids
    here in the first place and then to keep her happy and the kids taken care of properly after that (well, for 12 years anyway).

I've no time for people who expect life on a plate and aren't prepared to make sacrifices.

If you truly love another person, then they will always be put ahead of your own needs and you will find the resources to meet theirs.

40 hours a week, 52 weeks a year, that's £8.95 per hour.

I have been thinking about this. I have options like steve said I could buy a nice house out there for my wife and stepdaughter and visit a couple of times a year. On the other hand we could apply for the visa. Obviously they would refuse it then we could appeal on the grounds that we planned and got married before all these restrictions come into place. What do you guys think?

Trusted Member
    I would say do it asap because the restrictions haven't actually come in yet...have they ?

Respected Member
    How about move to another eu country with more sensible immigration laws and then get a spouse visa?

Respected Member
    guys as im from northern ireland and can have duel passport both british and irish, whats the chances i could bring my wife on an EEA Family permit..

Trusted Member
    Looking good I'd say.

I was thinking of going down the same route if needs be, as apparently I can get an Irish (Republic) passport due to my Grandma being Irish.

Respected Member
    i really hope so i just hope they dont refuse me on the grounds that i have never lived there in the south of ireland though..

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    the reason i am writting this is, what would you do if you dont earn this amount or if the figure was more
    I bet we've all had thougts like that cross our minds already.. It's not a new worry. The visa process was already such that nothing could be taken for granted or planned with 100% certainty.

The trouble of course now is that before you get to that stage, many people will have higher hurdles and hoops to navigate - and then the stresses and strains of the visa process.

So my worry isn't so much the income threshold - to a degree that can be achieved by most at it's current low level of £18600 (we are so fortunate to have such a low unemployment rate and great economic climate, what with such a high minimum wage level too!).

No my worries are the new tests - Niechel (my fiancee) passed the current requirements albeit not with flying colours. Will the new requirements be attainable by the majority? The britishness test is a complete unknown.. what will that entail and will it be attainable easily? Perhaps I am not british enough after 46years.

Then after those pre-requisites there still remains the stress of convincing a not very interested pen pusher that your relationship is genuine and have your personal life scrutinised and dissected.

But if we fail in our bid.. I will leave. I will go to any other country and continue to pay my way and contribute to that society / community as I have for the duration of my working life here.

wait and see, I'm sure there will be ways around this , court cases/tribunals,Judicial reviews, move to southern Ireland for a while or south of France and use the family permit or wait til the next election and hopefully the labour party will throw it out
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

i wonder how long does it take to get a Irish citizenship if so ...also what are the requirements and how much????? as my hubby has only a british citizenship and passport but i believe he is allowed to get an irish one if so .....just incase things would get much tighter...cross fingers...

another thing was that £18600 is a yearly salary of the sponsor already less taxes and stuffs???

Respected Member
    if your husband was born on the island of ireland, north or south before 2004 he is entitled to irish citizenship under the good friday agreement. i also have only british passport but will be getting an irish passport, spoke to the irish passport office in dublin today and they said it takes 10 days.

Respected Member
    at this very moment, people from northern ireland with dual citizenship can apply for EEA family permit and must be treated as EEA citizens, but the UK government are trying to close this route..

Quote Originally Posted by Robert86 View Post
    i really hope so i just hope they dont refuse me on the grounds that i have never lived there in the south of ireland though..
    My suggestion is to get onto that strategy asap before the Home Office closes that door on you.
    Whatever the twists and turns, whatever the doubts and uncertainties and whatever the final result just remember you having NOTHING to lose.
    The EEA Route for an EEA familiy permit is more of a 'right' than an application for review and is fully and freely available to you.

In principle there is no need for the EEA national to already be in the UK,
    to have an NI number, to have money, to have suitable accommodation, to have been married for more than a day or to have the spouse pass any English Language test or to pay any fee at any time for an EEA family permit.
    Well you need to pay for the air-ticket
    Oh, and you need to pay for your Irish Passport

Go for it now Robert.

Yes that's right Terpe, go for it now mate.
    I'm thinking of going to live in Malta when my girlfriend's nursing contract ends in Kuwait in February 2013 so we're thinking if she pursues a career in Malta or another EU country.

Trusted Member
    So what you thinking of doing for work in Malta ?

Can we apply for Irish passport and bring our spouses to Ireland? I didn't know that we could go through that route.

My dad is Maltese and my late grandparents lived in Malta from my dads side. I have an aunty and uncle with cousins there living in Malta. Such a beautiful little island.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick30 View Post
    Can we apply for Irish passport and bring our spouses to Ireland? I didn't know that we could go through that route.
    If you're a British Citizen living in Ireland then the EEA route would work out.

Do you qualify for an Irish Passport? or any other passport apart from British?

If the answer is yes then you may have some options even here in UK if you can act fairly promptly.
    If the answer is no then you could review opportunities to work within the EU and bring your spouse to join you on a family permit.
    Malta is an EU member so your idea about that may work out well.
    Could you secure employment there Nick?

If I could yes.
    We just wait to see what happens first with Theresa May

Trusted Member
    My dad is Maltese and my late grandparents lived in Malta from my dads side. I have an aunty and uncle with cousins there living in Malta. Such a beautiful little island.

Ah right.

One of my best friends is Maltese, my mother started school there, my dad was based there a few times with the RN, and my brother used to live there.

Despite many invitations...not been there myself. :(

introducing a new minimum income threshold of £18,600 for sponsoring the settlement in the UK of a spouse or partner, fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner, of non-European Economic Area (EEA) nationality, with a higher threshold for any children also sponsored; £22,400 for one child and an additional £2,400 for each further child;

Ok help to understand this cause i'm bloody confused do they mean that the new law is for No EEA who wants to bring their partners and husbands to uk

or this new law is affecting all meaning also british citizenship who wants bring their partners in the uk ?

How about living in France as it's next door to us across the English channel?
    @lolowalsh, yes I think it's affecting all.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lolowalsh View Post
    introducing a new minimum income threshold of £18,600 for sponsoring the settlement in the UK of a spouse or partner, fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner, of non-European Economic Area (EEA) nationality, with a higher threshold for any children also sponsored; £22,400 for one child and an additional £2,400 for each further child;

Ok help to understand this cause i'm bloody confused do they mean that the new law is for No EEA who wants to bring their partners and husbands to uk

or this new law is affecting all meaning also british citizenship who wants bring their partners in the uk ?
    How about living in France as it's next door to us across the English channel?
    @lolowalsh, yes I think it's affecting all.
    The new changes apply to all British citizens and Non EEA sponsors who have a Non EEA spouse/partner..EXCEPT someone from the EU with a non EEA spouse/partner
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information