Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewool
    enough money to support our new family
    That's what they want to increase, and the main point of contention.

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    From my own viewpoint, it is better than it could have been. But it still ought to be thought through a little more. And of course from our own perspective the ILR bit may well affect me and Mrs Lastlid. I guess more will come out soon. I am still intrigued about the attachment test, though having thought about it my feeling is that whatever they realistically throw at us ( and the IOM generally shadows UK law on this stuff) we will be able to stand up to.

I sympathise with Robert86 and Andy222. People who are performing an essential public service and who may well get a kick in the nuts from Mrs May

(Apologies Andy if I have your figures wrong)
    Thanks lastlid. What will be will be mate. Thats the way i think now. So will it definately be £18600?
    Gross or net?

So ok, I went back to bed because this has hit me hard. I'm actually not THAT far off this threshold, and should be there if it wasn't for a string of bad luck at work - long story, not for here. I earn just short of 17k

My fiance and I have been making plans to marry in October over there. She is really nervous when I told her of these plans, but says she can try work in the middle east for a year - she understandably is scared at the thought.

I haven't told her what's been said, but she just phoned me where she's out for dinner with friends, suspected I wasn't all there, questioned me hard, but I brushed it off - got indigestion or something.
    Came off the phone and cried like a baby. I can't remember the last time I felt like that.

So when do I finish with her? Tell her tonight we're over, we can't be together?
    My ex who knew me for 15 years, and weirdly likes me more now we're divorcing, she's scared and has told me to phone the samaritans.

Know what else - if my company moved me to London, my salary would increase dramatically for doing the exact same job, but I couldn't afford to live there. Madness

Join the club mate. But I wont be divorcing or finishing. Many in the phils leave their wives for months when they work at sea. Visiting 2 or 3 times a year is just as good.Not ideal I know but what else is there.

Iani, never give up your dream or your women, there is always a way, yes Emma is here and we are married, but we both know one day we will both be in bohol to spend the rest of our days together,i dont know what peoples plans are , all i can say if i was in your shoes, just wait, tell your partner everything is fine, you love her and you will be together one day,

Thanks guys

So hands up, whose going to be supporting the tories next election

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iani View Post
    So ok, I went back to bed because this has hit me hard. I'm actually not THAT far off this threshold, and should be there if it wasn't for a string of bad luck at work - long story, not for here. I earn just short of 17k

My fiance and I have been making plans to marry in October over there. She is really nervous when I told her of these plans, but says she can try work in the middle east for a year - she understandably is scared at the thought.

I haven't told her what's been said, but she just phoned me where she's out for dinner with friends, suspected I wasn't all there, questioned me hard, but I brushed it off - got indigestion or something.
    Came off the phone and cried like a baby. I can't remember the last time I felt like that.

So when do I finish with her? Tell her tonight we're over, we can't be together?
    My ex who knew me for 15 years, and weirdly likes me more now we're divorcing, she's scared and has told me to phone the samaritans.

Know what else - if my company moved me to London, my salary would increase dramatically for doing the exact same job, but I couldn't afford to live there. Madness
    Don't be daft man.

Act in haste..repent at leisure etc.

You'd only need an extra bit of part-time work shown on your payslips and bank statements for 6 months. You need to start thinking more creatively.

Christ I brought my wife AND her two kids over and I didn't (on paper) have a job here, anywhere to live or sod all basically.
    I'd been out of the country in Hong Kong for 3 years !

I soon put that right though.

Oh, and I certainly wouldn't be wanting a fiancee of mine to be working as a slave in that middle-east hellhole.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post

You'd only need an extra bit of part-time work shown on your payslips and bank statements for 6 months. You need to start thinking more creatively.
    Nice tip.

Iani,

I agree with Graham.
    Especially with working in the Middle East!! That should be a big no no.

At this moment in time we only know that there is an income threshold and what that limit will be.
    We do not know when it will be effective
    We do not know how it will be implemented
    We do not know about third party sponsors / co-sponsors
    In short we know nothing more than was divulged by her in the TV interview.

As Graham says, you only need a small part time job and you'll reach the threshold.

Iani, do not make any hasty life changing decisions this this time.

Just wait and see how the new changes will be worked out.

You have plenty of options for your life together with your fiancee. More than lots of other people.

When the facts are known that's the time to develop some alternative strategies/options. You'll get plenty of ideas here in the forum, and plent of serious help on deciding the best way for you.

Just concentrate on staying calm for the moment.

You need to calm down and think of the positives in your life.

Thanks guys

So hands up, whose going to be supporting the tories next election

yes i read somewhere at the last election, those that needed to the immigration system were like Turkeys voting for xmas , if you voted tory

like others have said, part time job til you get the visa and then again when it comes to applying for ILR in 5yrs time

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Iani,

We do not know about third party sponsors / co-sponsors
    i think it's been mentioned that 3rd party support will only be allowed in the 'most compassionate circumstances'
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Part time job? So that would be allowed, it doesn't have to be on the same P60?

Hmm wonder if that newsagent needs a new paperboy

Banned
    I imagine that as long as you can prove it then it will sufffice.

http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Hmm wonder if that newsagent needs a new paperboy
    I'm sure those on tier2 visa's who's income from their there job was not enough to qualify them for extending their visa or applying for ILR could take a second job in certain conditions.

so i think it would be possible to get a part time job, and i think once your wife is here and working they would have to include her wage to.

Trusted Member
    They're not interested in whether you have one job or ten.

They just want to see that you have enough money coming in.

They're not interested in whether you have one job or ten.

They just want to see that you have enough money coming in.
    i can see people finding loop holes and scams in this to get to the figure (especially if you have a few kids)

Trusted Member
    Just as they have done for years.

Immigration are half-baked on some things and too strict on others....mainly because they don't know their .... from their elbow.

Should be recruiting people like you me and Dedworth into the job.

We'd soon sort the wheat from the chaff.

I'd like to nominate Dedworth for the new ambassador to Romania

Banned

Banned
    Just as they have done for years.

Immigration are half-baked on some things and too strict on others....mainly because they don't know their .... from their elbow.

Should be recruiting people like you me and Dedworth into the job.

We'd soon sort the wheat from the chaff.

Banned
    And Graham?

Well perhaps Graham to be community liason officer for taxi drivers, kebab shop owners and religious affairs in Bradford and Leicester

Trusted Member

No, can't print that.

Banned
    Guardian Comment on Theresa May on The Andrew Marr Show

"May said she would set out on Monday an overhaul of the rules on family migration that will mean UK citizens earning less than £18,600, depending on the number of children involved, will not be allowed to bring a foreign husband, wife or partner into Britain to live with them.

The gross income threshold is lower than the minimum £25,700 figure that May tried to persuade Nick Clegg to accept, according to a letter leaked in March. The home secretary said a minimum gross income of £24,800 would be needed if there were two children involved, with a further £2,200 for each extra child.

It is believed that as many as 25,000 families a year could be affected by the changes."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...rights-lawyers

Surley the right to family life still applies?

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    Surley the right to family life still applies?
    you would have thought so, may was talking about taking article 8 away from criminals, but someone, somewhere will have to challenge the gov on the minimum income, as they did with the english language test (the gov won that court case thou )

Booooooooooo!!! ...when asked about the migrants she replied about ''contingency''??? and ''no signs of trends '' wat the f*@k does that mean????
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    not a word about EU citizens in the UK bringing their Eu and Non Eu families to the UK and claiming benefits from the tax payer

and why didn't he ask her about this
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-18379925
    ... kind of "marred" things,

I know it's been asked before, but has anyone ANY idea when this will be implemented - or has heard her say when?

The Britishness tests - yes that's next year, but they don't have to wait until then for the income - or maybe they intend to for various reason.
    Really need to know this to plan :(

Really need to know this to plan :(
    Yes me too. Already paid and taken the TOEICS test but now looks like that will be redundant. We will marry in October and start the visa application at the end of October, everything was thought out.. except for these changes.

I guess we just have to wait for the publication of the changes later in the week.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information