Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Booking flights for missus

Hi to everyone.. this is John just wanted to let you know what is going on at the moment.
    Maricris got her spouse visa... so many many thanks to everyone here on the forum for your help. Its now time for me to book her flights from manila to manchester. I have been looking on skyscanner and kayak as recommended by forum members... found some good flights, but the connection wait times can be a long time.....but hopefuly all being well Maricris will be here in the UK by the 27th of June.
    Once again many thanks to everyone for making this happen.

A place for everything, everything in its place.

AN HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Congrats!
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Banned
    Have you looked at Etihad to Manchester. I flew them last year. Just a few hours stopover en route.

congratulations

Many congratulations

Thanks everyone...lastlid Etihad was one of the places were the good flights were...just the wait between flights can be manny hours. but will book the flight friday.

Thanks everyone

Trusted Member
    Best of luck John.

My Etihad flight (Manchester) only had a 3 hour stopover...good price and service too.

I just went to Thomas Cook on the high street.
    You might be surprised at the minimal difference in price compared with all the online people you've never heard of and can't actually do business with face to face.

Congrats!

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    congrats! two hearts will be reunited soon!

Quote Originally Posted by John_10 View Post
    Hi to everyone.. this is John just wanted to let you know what is going on at the moment.
    Maricris got her spouse visa... so many many thanks to everyone here on the forum for your help. Its now time for me to book her flights from manila to manchester. I have been looking on skyscanner and kayak as recommended by forum members... found some good flights, but the connection wait times can be a long time.....but hopefuly all being well Maricris will be here in the UK by the 27th of June.
    Once again many thanks to everyone for making this happen.
    Wonderful news John & Maricris

Soon be together for a new chapter and a new future.

Congratulations!!!

Respected Member
    emirates also fly to manchester via dubai --they have between 3 hr and 9hr stopover -unfortunately i choose the 9hr with free hotel

Congrats for both you,s / my wife arrived here on the 27th Jan it was with emirates to Glasgow it was just a 2 hour 40 min stop over in Dub

Quote Originally Posted by alan/maleiya View Post
    Congrats for both you,s / my wife arrived here on the 27th Jan it was with emirates to Glasgow it was just a 2 hour 40 min stop over in Dub
    my big fat fingers hit the wrong buttons on this post it wad Dubai ,don't know where I went wrong need bigger buttons on this phone

Thanks everyone for your help and advice, the missus's tickets are booked is ther anything that i need to know before Maricris travals to the uk, i paied by debit card they say on the website they will want to see the original card, thats not going to be possable, so would it be ok to scan it along with my drivers license and bio-page of my passport, plust a few words explaining I book the flights in the uk.
    Other than that i cant think of anything.
    Many thanks
    John

Hi John

Firstly huge congrats again.

Secondly, regarding this credit card authorisation thing. I don't know about other airlines, but I have done something similar with Etihad. It does say on their website, that if the card is not available, then a copy of both sides, with your signature authorising it's use will suffice. You could mail her this and she could get it printed out.

What however I would recommend doing, is phoning their customer services, with her booking reference, and explaining what you've done. They will then be able to tell you what you need to do. You may have to go to the airport, with her printout of her booking, and of course your card, and they can then authorise it over their systems - which is of course obviously linked worldwide to their central system. They might also have a different easier thing to do. This must have happened before, so there will be a way

Trusted Member
    Surely a Debit Card purchase would be treated as the same as cash, since the money comes straight out of your bank account and there is no way you can cancel it.

Credit card purchase is altogether different.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iani View Post
    Hi John

Firstly huge congrats again.

Secondly, regarding this credit card authorisation thing. I don't know about other airlines, but I have done something similar with Etihad. It does say on their website, that if the card is not available, then a copy of both sides, with your signature authorising it's use will suffice. You could mail her this and she could get it printed out.

What however I would recommend doing, is phoning their customer services, with her booking reference, and explaining what you've done. They will then be able to tell you what you need to do. You may have to go to the airport, with her printout of her booking, and of course your card, and they can then authorise it over their systems - which is of course obviously linked worldwide to their central system. They might also have a different easier thing to do. This must have happened before, so there will be a way
    I second this, do everything possible to alert all parties in advance if the card cannot be produced at check-in, it wouldnt be the first time that the person has been stopped from departing, good luck.

Respected Member
    It should be similar to the philippines -have booked lots of flights for relatives there and they require credit card -sojust scan and send by e-mail to the passenger ,only cebu pacific dont require this

Hi all...did what you said I contacted Ethiad here at Manchester Airport..and all i needed to do was scan the front and the back of the card then send to the missus..just pen over the security numbers.
    Only 2 and a half weeks to go and the missus will be here.
    Many thanks everyone

John

Thread Information