Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Trusted Member
    You might say:

" What a way to start a marriage...losing the key to the front door".

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Im sorry to inform you Joe....the mother with twins on 31k wont be claiming tax credits with, I might add, the child care element.

Reason being, from this April 2012 no one can claim tax credits who's annual wedge is 25k and above.
    sorry to disappoint you gWaPito, you should check your facts

The income limit for Child Tax Credit has gone down

Child Tax Credit payments depend on your circumstances and income.

Before April 2012, you could usually get some Child Tax Credit, as long as your income was not over the limit of £41,300. From 6 April 2012 this limit is lower for most people.

The income limit for you now depends on your own individual circumstances. But as a very rough guide, you might not get Child Tax Credit from 6 April 2012 if:

you have one child, and your annual income is more than around £26,000
    you have two children, and your annual income is more than around £32,200

But it's important to know that:

this is a rough guide
    the income limit for you may be different, as it depends on your own circumstances

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/taxcreditsbudget/index.htm

quick estitmate sh would get

Based on the information you have entered, your household may be entitled to the following tax credits award:-
    Child Tax Credit £4872.00
    Childcare element of Working Tax Credit £4554.49
    Sub total £9426.49
    Working Tax Credit (less the childcare element of Working Tax Credit) £0.00
    Note: The childcare element of Working Tax Credit will always be paid direct to the person who is mainly responsible for caring for the child or children, alongside payments of Child Tax Credit.
    Total £9426.49
    This is based on your household income of £31000.00.

like i said better get him here ASAP,. you really do know it makes sense
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    Well, what can I say.....a mate of mine yes, I do have a mate had a letter saying he will no longer be getting this benefit.

He said it was because his joint income was more than 25k

A visit to the tax credit website should clear this up.

B******s
    i wonder if may did any calculations on what it would cost if partners didn't come to the UK in benefits.

if he did come here and worked they wouldn't be entitled to any tax creds, even if he sat at home and looked after the kids (as he can't claim any benefits as he is not entitled to any) it would save the taxpayer most of the child care element of the tax creds which would be most of the £9k of taxpayers money she would get if he wasn't here.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    They are giving yousome back what you've already thrown in the pot...like playin poker, what you put into the pot is no longer yours.....the pot being, on this occasion, public purse
    Yes, but you cant construe that everyone who gets child tax credit is on benefits. That means that the majority of the population is on benefits, by that way of thinking.

Well, what can I say.....a mate of mine yes, I do have a mate had a letter saying he will no longer be getting this benefit.

He said it was because his joint income was more than 25k

A visit to the tax credit website should clear this up.
    how many kids do they have gWaPito ? also are the kids looked after by a registered childminder?

also i think JCWI used the figure £31k and not £32k so she would be entitled to tax creds.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    Yes, but you cant construe that everyone who gets child tax credit is on benefits. That means that the majority of the population is on benefits, by that way of thinking.
    Well, that's my interpretation of being a recipient of public funds. Anyway, nothing shameful about picking whats owed to you

Anyways, Lewis Hamilton won today and now heads the drivers championship.

Banned
    Looks like the liberal party saved the day according to the Mail on Sunday.

It was they who convinced the conservatives to ditch the 25k for the 18k.

Well done the liberal party

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRomeo View Post
    It's going seem a long and anxious wait.. 14th June?
    The income threshold is bad enough but the other voiced (yes supposed) requirements really combine to severely shift the goal posts.
    The irony is I agree that your partner should visit the UK first and it was a personal wish of mine that my fiancee does just that.. so I would be satisfied in my own mind that the change in culture, lifestyle etc would be ok and not present any problems when wwe are married. This sensible precaution however wasn't allowed with the visit visa being refused. Just consider, if the 2 previous visit ruling is realised and the strictness on issuing visit visas continues.. then it will be impossible for your partner to ever settle in the Uk.
    Why dont you take the fiancee visa route, seeing how she's your fiancee.

Having done that and got your good lady here, the possible problems of cultural differences, awful weather (my wife now understands why the British go mad for the sun on holiday. Mad dogs and Englishmen) and being without her established friends and family may not manifest itself many months or years down the line.

The first fews months of something new are always the honeymoon period.

So making it a 5 year wait for the ILR instead of the present 2 year wait isn't such a terrible idea.

Respected Member
    In terms of the human rights Law that TM wants to change well May wants judges always to answer ‘yes’ to question (v) in every case, but in law they cannot. Question (v) is

If so, is such interference proportionate to the legitimate public end sought to be achieved?

Our judges remain independent and must carry out an independent assessment. The only ways to achieve what May wants are:

1. Modify the Human Rights Act

2. Withdraw from the Council of Europe

3. Remove access to the courts, or

4. Do away with an independent judiciary.

From the language she uses, it is disturbing to think a major politician, the Home Secretary no less, is actually advocating the last of these options. Unfortunately, there is a precedent for legislating to tell judges what to think.

Denying more spousal visas for residents/citizens as proposed is not necessary, and in many cases, not proportionate.

What I dont understand is this Unfortunately, there is a precedent for legislating to tell judges what to think.

they probably did, the leaked letter was suppose to have been to Clegg, also ...the rise of UKIP and BNP is partly because of uncontrolled immigration from Europe to the UK (how many millions have come to the UK?) not from outside Europe

PM: 'Stop mass Immigration'

He told a Tory meeting in Hampshire today: "Above all, I want to get the policy right - I want good immigration, not mass immigration and I think a vast amount of people in this country want that too". He warned that past policies have undermined communities and allowed extremist parties to flourish.”

Mr Cameron said neighbourhoods weren't "just collections of public service-users living in the same space".

"Real communities are bound by common experiences... from the school run to the chat down the pub.

"That's why, when there have been significant numbers of new people arriving in neighbourhoods, perhaps not able to speak the same language as those living there, on occasions not really wanting or even being willing to integrate, that has created a kind of discomfort and disjointedness in some neighbours. This has been the experience for many people in our country and I believe it's untruthful and unfair not to speak about it and not to address it."

That development had created ghettos in some towns and allowed anti-immigrant groups like the British National Party to take hold.

Mr Cameron's comments have caused uproar among the Lib Dems.

Business Secretary Vince Cable said the prime minister’s choice of words was “very unwise”.

“I do understand there is an election coming but talk of mass immigration risks inflaming the extremism to which he and I are both strongly opposed.

“Much of the remaining immigration from outside the European Union is crucial to British recovery and growth. That’s why the cabinet collectively agreed to support British business and British universities by exempting overseas students and essential staff from the cap on non-EU immigration.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-us-apart.html

Banned

I have always said that one of the benefits of a coalition is that extreme measures don't get through. Heres a good example of that.

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    I have always said that one of the benefits of a coalition is that extreme measures don't get through. Heres a good example of that.
    yes, every news story i've seen since the leaked letter dated March 14th, they all have mentioned it was going to be the 25k figure and i dont think any said it would be the lower 18k one, after all with the 18k figure you could still qualify for certain benefits.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread Information