Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

British Embassy Manila appointments

I have now sent two e-mails to the embassy trying to arrange dates to change my uk cni for a local one , the dates i have asked for are in October i get the automated e-mail back which says i will be sent an e-mail within 2-3 working days but do not hear anymore , has anyone else had such problems ? Or am i doing something wrong ?

Banned
    I did have similar problems with emailing the embassy. I ended up phoning them. I did get my replies but after quite a number of days. I seem to recall it depends on who or which email address you use. Unfortunately I cant remember which are the best ones. If I find out, by trawling through my email, then I will get back to you.

Banned
    CharmaineJ​oy.Canda@fc​o.gov.uk

I tended to get reasonably quick responses from this address.

Coincidentally this lady was also the person who exchanged my CNI at the embassy in Manila.

thanks will try this address . how long ago was this ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mick foreman View Post
    thanks will try this address . how long ago was this ?
    This was last year. So things could be different now.

hi there were are you getting married i just came back i didnt go to embassy to get a local cni/cemomare i went to nso office in san fernando and got it from them send copies of your uk cni to your girl and any docs you have ie copy passport and get your girl to go to nso office she should be able to get local cni/cenomare after paying the fee in 3 days as we did hope this helps i got married 15 days later

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    CharmaineJ​oy.Canda@fc​o.gov.uk

I tended to get reasonably quick responses from this address.

Coincidentally this lady was also the person who exchanged my CNI at the embassy in Manila.
    this was the lady who made me travel again from bulacan to makati just b'coz she spelled my husbands name wrong on the CNI

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gparry2007 View Post
    this was the lady who made me travel again from bulacan to makati just b'coz she spelled my husbands name wrong on the CNI
    Ouch

Hmmm, I will also need my cni exchanging in October.. Think I had better get on the case now then if they are slow responding to emails.

it took me an age to hear back from them. Well over a week. I didn't need the dates until November so I didn't chase them up, but I've emailed then on a couple of occasions about different things, and both times they reply in true Filipino time!

I asked this question and got this reply :-

Dear Mr Lucas

Thank you for your email.

If you already have the UK-issued CNI, you may authorise your fiancée to submit the application. We need to see all the original documents except for your passport. We may accept the certified true copy of your passport.

Please read the Certificate of No Impediment (CNI) guidance on the website http://ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk...ply-for-a-cni/ to ensure that you and your fiancée will have all the requirements.

When you are ready to submit the application, please send your 5 preferred dates to arrange your appointment. Please note that the next available appointment is on 11 July onwards.

Sincerely yours

Consular section
    British Embassy Manila l 120 Upper McKinley Road, McKinley Hill, Taguig City 1634
    Read the latest blogs / Join us on Facebook / Follow us on Twitter

Click on the following links for: HELP FOR BRITISH NATIONALS / CUSTOMER FEEDBACK

 Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail
    Find out what makes Britain GREAT on Facebook and Twitter

Sent: 28 June 2012 11:43
    To: CONS Manila (Protect)
    Subject: CNI Exchange question

Hello,

Can you advise if I need to attend personally to exchange a uk CNI into a Philippines CNI?

I could send it to my fiancée and she could exchange for me before I actually arrived in the Philippines.

Regards

Barrie Lucas

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BazJaz View Post
    I asked this question and got this reply :-

Dear Mr Lucas

Thank you for your email.

If you already have the UK-issued CNI, you may authorise your fiancée to submit the application. We need to see all the original documents except for your passport. We may accept the certified true copy of your passport.

Please read the Certificate of No Impediment (CNI) guidance on the website http://ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk...ply-for-a-cni/ to ensure that you and your fiancée will have all the requirements.

When you are ready to submit the application, please send your 5 preferred dates to arrange your appointment. Please note that the next available appointment is on 11 July onwards.

Sincerely yours

Consular section
    British Embassy Manila l 120 Upper McKinley Road, McKinley Hill, Taguig City 1634
    Read the latest blogs / Join us on Facebook / Follow us on Twitter

Click on the following links for: HELP FOR BRITISH NATIONALS / CUSTOMER FEEDBACK

 Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail
    Find out what makes Britain GREAT on Facebook and Twitter

Sent: 28 June 2012 11:43
    To: CONS Manila (Protect)
    Subject: CNI Exchange question

Hello,

Can you advise if I need to attend personally to exchange a uk CNI into a Philippines CNI?

I could send it to my fiancée and she could exchange for me before I actually arrived in the Philippines.

Regards

Barrie Lucas
    Interesting. 5 preferred dates......so you cant specify a date as such.

Also, I wonder if that means your fiancee can do the exchange part of it, in your absence. In our case I had to be present at the embassy.

I also got email reply asking for 5 preferred dates...i did say July 16th to 20th is fine with me because im available that time, but luckily they book me an appoinment July 5.

Respected Member

Thumbs up

I emailed them out of hours yesterday and received a reply with an appointment set for the date I specified (and also the time! mine is at 8.30am which is what I wanted).

I asked for a date in September and if that was not available for the next available appointment from that date.

Manila.ConsAppointment@fco.gov.uk

In addition to a UK CNI and two forms of identification, they have asked for a local CENOMAR so my partner is arranging that for me.

Respected Member
    For the local CENOMAR, I have written a short letter which my fiance can use authorizing her to apply on my behalf. She will be using a signed photocopy of this letter plus a photocopy of my passport for ID.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Moving Forward View Post
    For the local CENOMAR, I have written a short letter which my fiance can use authorizing her to apply on my behalf. She will be using a signed photocopy of this letter plus a photocopy of my passport for ID.
    I wish that was possible in June 2011....

Thread Information