Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

is there anything i need with my fiancee visa checklist?

i just want to ask about my application, i know there are lot of experts here who are willing to help applicants who wants to go to UK to be with there partner, i will lodge my application this coming 11.

here is my fiancee checklist:

SPONSOR
    letter of support,
    scanned passport, stamp pages in his passport, bills like water, electric, gas. tenancy agreement, pay slips, p45, bank statements

APPLICANT
    passport,
    letter of the applicant,
    land title,
    bank statements, 2x2 passport id, cenomar, baptismal certificate, nso, nbi clearance.

ACCOMMODATION
    photos of his rented house,
    tenancy agreement ( as i mentioned above) rent book

EVIDENCE THAT WE MEET
    hotel receipts, plane tickets, boarding pass,

OTHERS
    western union receipts, chats ( both in yahoo and skype)valentines card, birthday cards, emails, calling cards, email
    inquiries from registrar office in UK cardiff, ceremony brochure. our sample wedding invitation card.

the registry office did not allow my fiance to book a marriage unless im there already. is that okay?

that was only a summary, is there anything i need? can you tell me? thanks a lot!

Sounds good.

Ummm - P45? Think you mean P60. A P45 is what someone gets when they leave their job.

Maybe a quote from a hall or restaurant for a reception? I'm no expert mind, but this I'd think was a good idea to further show you're going to book something.

Oh and importantly - in the evidence that you met, some photos together? If there are recognisable landmarks behind, this is a bonus

Banned
    See this link. You may get some help and inspiration from it.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....t=brian+noreen

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by precious_m2m90 View Post

the registry office did not allow my fiance to book a marriage unless im there already. is that okay?

This has been an issue for some in the past. It seems that you most definitely need to provide evidence on paper that you are intending to get married in the UK.

Moderator Terpe will probably get back to you on the fine detail on that.

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    This has been an issue for some in the past. It seems that you most definitely need to provide evidence on paper that you are intending to get married in the UK.

Moderator Terpe will probably get back to you on the fine detail on that.
    I can only relate my own experience to you and i didnt provide any potential proof of our impending marriage other than stating in my sponsor letter that we would marry within the 6 month time period stipulated in the rules and that seemed to satisfy the ECO. It may well be that the ECO looks at the complete application and providing he/she is satisfied with all the other evidence submitted then the probability of marriage outweighs any doubts that the applicant will flount the rules and a judgement is made on that basis.
    None of my submission was in original form nor notarized other than my birth certificate so if u make a good enough case that the relationship is genuine and permanent then maybe the likelihood is that u will be successful and get the visa within a reasonable time frame.

Hi Precious!
    Don't forget to include your English test result. I also submitted my school credentials as an evidence that I can help my fiancé in the future if my visa allows me to work already. I also made a scrapbook of our photos together with date and captions on it.
    We just made a provisional booking of Wedding ceremony at Cheltenham office, which cost £25 and this is non-refundable but you can still re-book it till you are there already. Although, you need to be resident at an address in either England or Wales for a minimum period of 8 days before you can both give formal Notice of Intention to Marry on the 9th day. The earliest date your ceremony can take place is 15 clear days afterwards. In our case, we already re-book it three times now since I am still waiting for my visa.
    Goodluck to your visa application!

Respected Member Eyes O'Donnell's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum and Good luck with the fiancee visa application

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    issue seems to have been a stumbling block for SOME couples - yet not for others. You'd think Embassy staff would realise by now, the obvious impracticalities of booking a UK Registry Office in advance of the foreign partner's visa being granted. Malcolm, for instance, mentions he and his [then] bride-to-be successfully applied ... WITHOUT providing this type of evidence.

Precious ... I was married in the Phils - where any such ruling is irrelevant - so it would be would be unwise of me to advise you either way,

Perhaps it might be an if you were to include a letter explaining what the Registry Office told your fiance (I'm assuming the staff weren't prepared to accept even a provisional booking) to present along with the [clearly well-defined] supporting documents accompanying your application.

Menwhile, I would like to take this opportunity to you to our site ... and of wishing you all the very best on the 11th.

Thread Information