Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

marriage, today we settle the date.

we have been together my girlfriend and I for only 4 month,we have been spoken to eachother almost every singel day since we meet, we talk on skype or by phone and our love have growing more and more everyday,she is 21 years old and I am 48 years old.21 of april we got fiance relationchip online.and today we sattle the date of marriage it will be the 8 of august 2012.
    I live in sweden she live in Ormoc city.after the marriage we will go back to sweden together when all the paper is done.Today I am very happy but will be more happier after the 8 of august.just wanna share my happines to you.

but I have a question,do anyone know how long time it will take to get all the paper ready from the philippine coverment.mean Her passport and then get our married registration,
    regards
    carlo 3

Hi there and welcome to the forum.

Congratulations on your forthcomming wedding.

You don't mention how long you are planning to stay in the Philippines or whether it's to be a civil wedding or a Catholic Church wedding.

Also I can't give you any hints about paperwork you will need from the authorities in Sweden, you will need to research that for yourself.

Generally, if you can be very slick and well organised with the needed paperwork etc, and your plans work out smoothly and on target you should have no problems getting married within 14-21 timeframe.
    Quite a number of people here have been fortunate enough to have achieved it in only 14 days.
    21 days is on balance a little bit of a more relaxed approach with some slack built in for resolving problems without too much stress.

In principle the documents you need are:-

Birth certificate - original
    Passport

CNI (or swedish equivalent) - (Certificate of No Impediment to Marry)
    Present this document your Embassy in the Philippines ijn order to be issued a Philippine version called a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Marry.
    This certificate is needed for the application of a marriage license.

You will also be required to obtain a your own CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage) from the Philippines NSO (National Statistics Office) so you might need to include this timing contingency as well.

Marriage License - Apply for this in your fiancée's home town at the registry office. (or locality of where marriage will take place)
    You might also be requested to attend the "Pre-Marriage Seminar" counselling sessions prior to being allowed to be married. Check and ask when you apply for the marriage license

After you apply for the license there is a mandatory 10 day waiting period while the marriage banns are published

To apply for the Marriage License you should consider having the following:-

Your birth certificate
    Your passport
    Your C.N.I.
    Your NSO CENOMAR (if needed, please check well beforehand)
    Your Divorce decree asbsolute (if applicable)

Certificate of 'Pre-Marriage Seminar' (if needed, please check well beforehand)

Her N.S.O. birth certificate (This should be fresh from NSO on latest type of security paper. Check)
    Her Passport (or other appropriate ID)
    Her Barangay clearance (if needed, please check well beforehand)
    Her community tax certificate (often called Cedula)
    Her postal I.D. Address
    Her cenomar
    Her Parents signed advice form (for under 25 years)
    Her Parents I.D.

Hot tip

Always take extra time to very carefully and very thoroughy check and read through all paper work at each step before signing anything. If there are any typing errors/mistakes/mismatches etc it can cost you dear in time and money.

Hottest Tip
    Always smile and always remain relaxed, calm and cool.

Hope this writing helps your own research

Thank you for replying,have another question,what do you mean by
    Your C.N.I.
    Your NSO CENOMAR
    I think I have all the the other papers done and extra copy to.

could see the answer in you text
    thank you again for the help.I will copyed and send it to my girlfriend to .

HI I planed first to stay 4 weeks,it should be eneugh? I arrived the 29 of july and have have flight home the 24 of august.we planned to get maried the 8 of august but maybe we have to change the date because of the short time there will be after the wedding.I am not sure that is eneugh if we need to take a flight the 24 of august.but it shoulfd also be possible for me to change the flight home to1-2 week later,5-6 but be okie to get it all saddle I think?would like to hear what you think about that?
    regards carlo 63

You will need to allow time for your new wife to be issued with a residence permit for Sweden.
    I'm sorry I cannot offer any assistance about that. You will need to contact the Swedish Embassy in Manila who will advise on documentation, processing and timing.

You are very fortunate not to be faced with the major challenges that us Brits must endure along with the very costly visa charges.

Trusted Member
    Yep....no wonder all the ex's relations decided to marry Swedes.

Even my son is going there for his free university education.

Banned
    The thread title reminds of that comical sitcom 'allo allo'...remember the British undercover French policeman...hilarious!

Respected Member
    carlo -as english isnt your first language ,before submitting documents -get them spell checked just in case it would cause any problems .

yes that I vwill do.my girlfriend is very good in english,keep telling when I write it wrong

hopefull we dont need to go to bangkok for the permission.the swedes dont have any embassy anymore in manila,they are using the embassy of switzerland.sweden embassy is now in bangkok

Congratulations on your forthcoming marriage ... and good luck with all subsequent arrangements.

Thread Information