Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Need help and info for Temporary Resident Visa

Good Evening to All!
    Hi! My name is Carl, I'm from Nottingham UK. I've been here in the Philippines since April last year. I'm married to a Filipina and have a 2 month old son.
    We will be applying for TRV next week at immigration so I can work and also reside here in the Philippines permanently. We are seeking for advise regarding the application...
    1. What are the requirements needed and how many copies do we need to provide?
    2. How much will it cost?
    3. How long will it take until I get the visa?

We already check on the immigration website but it's a bit vague. We checked on some of the forums but to no avail. We would appreciate all the help we will be getting from you guys specially from those who already applied the visa,

Thank you and advance.

Hi there and welcome aboard.

I'm sorry that no-one has replied to your post. I had expected that some of our members already resident in Philippines might have helped.

This BIR webpage may help with fees etc and also a comparison between Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) & Permanent Resident Visa (PRV)

Be aware, that as far as I know BI satellite offices do not accept applications. You will need to go to the main office in Manila.

Here's the checklists of requirements for TRV:-

Checklist of Requirements for Temporary Resident’s Visa Under Section 13(a), in relation to Law Instruction No. 33
    1.Duly notarized letter of application by petitioning Filipino spouse;
    2.General Application Form duly accomplished by the foreign spouse and notarized (BI Form No. MCL-07-01);
    3.NSO authenticated copy of birth certificate of Filipino spouse;
    4.NSO authenticated copy of the Marriage Contract of the alien and Filipino spouse, or if solemnized abroad, Marriage Contract authenticated by the Philippine embassy/consulate in or nearest the place where marriage was solemnized, with English translation if written in other foreign language;
    5.Bureau of Immigration (BI) Clearance Certificate; and
    6.Plain photocopy of passport/s of alien spouse and/or children showing dates of arrival and authorized stay.

Hope this helps

Respected Member
    Can I recommend you contacting a friend of mine, Paul, www.cebuexpatservices.com . He's a very good British guy, who knows people at all levels in the BoI, and offers all visa services and advice at very low rates.
    Hope nobody minds me advertising for him, but he helped me a lot when we were there. Doesn't matter if your not in Cebu, he'll probably give some free advice over e-mail with the latest regulations.

Thread Information