Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

A1 English test.

Hi, my partner and I are just going through the Visa process and we have come to realise that she is going to have to take the A1 test before we can submit the application. Can anyone give help or advice on how, or where, to take the test, she lives in Tacloban. Is it possible to take the test on line or will she have to attend a language center ?

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    she can take IELTS or TOEIC..search about those two tests by typing it on the search bar of the forum
    Last edited by raynaputi; 19th May 2012 at 09:39.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken H View Post
    Hi, my partner and I are just going through the Visa process and we have come to realise that she is going to have to take the A1 test before we can submit the application. Can anyone give help or advice on how, or where, to take the test, she lives in Tacloban. Is it possible to take the test on line or will she have to attend a language center ?
    Hi!

She can take IELTS if she like but its around 13 days before she get her result after she took and done the 4 components of IELTS. The test will cost you around P8,640 something, she only needs to get flat 4 to meet the English requirement.

Here's the list of the cities where she can take IELTS Test; Manila, Baguio, Bacolod, Naga, Iloilo, CDO, Cebu, Davao and Zamboanga. If shes near in one of the cities then I must suggest that she should inquire first in a registered review centre or contact British Council or IDP Australia in Manila to register for a test.

This link will provide more details. Hoping it will help your queries. Cheers!!

http://www.ielts.org//test_centre_se...9-71f4c17b141e

Is it possible to take the test on line or will she have to attend a language center ?
    as far as I know there is no test online and she should take the test in person. Another thing is she can register herself in a review centre and review on how to deal, tips and technique about the 4 components of IELTS. The review centre will assist her in her test registration and will give her the location, dates and times of her IELTS Test.

Hi, Ken ... MY wife was fortunate, in that, SHE came here prior to the introduction of the English Language Tests - hence I *dinna ken (*I'm a Scot! ) much about the procedures involved.

However - as you've seen - others who've taken the Tests have come to the rescue.

to the friendly, online filipino/uk community.

Respected Member
    My wife took the language test recently. We tried to do it in Cebu which is more convenient but as with many things there online information, the ability to schedule and book and the frequency of the tests was very confusing/frustrating even when my wife spoke to the test centre directly. Ended up going to Manila as they seemed (and were) more professional, we booked and received confirmation online, paid into a local bank and received all results in the promised timeframe.

....or she can fly to Manila and take TOEIC at Hopkins. Here is the thread related to Hopkins International Partners INC.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....hlight=hopkins

Thank you all for the help and advice. This visa business is all a bit of a mine field to go through, like 2 steps forward and one step back.

Hi, I have another question. I saw on here some practice tests for the A1 exam, I can't find them now, can anyone piont me in the right direction ? Thanks.

Hi, I have another question. I saw on here some practice tests for the A1 exam, I can't find them now, can anyone piont me in the right direction ? Thanks.
    Hi Ken!

Regarding the English tests, your wife can definitely take TOEIC. It is acceptable for spouse/fiance visa application. Our main office is in Makati. You can refer to our website for more information http://www.hopkins.ph/2012-01-27-03-...01-27-03-04-06

For registration:
    http://www.hopkins.ph/register-now/r...r-now-calendar

For more info:
    http://www.hopkins.ph/register-now/how-to-register

For examinee handbook and sample tests:
    http://www.hopkins.ph/publications/examinee-handbooks

http://www.hopkins.ph/publications/lar-sample-test

Thank you

Thread Information