Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Angry Do i really need to get a cfo sticker??

hi guys me again

Am married already just last month and now we were processing some documents for the next trip for the second time to Austria. I still don't have my marriage certificate till now as it takes forever to get it especially if you are here in Cebu- sucks I know. :( Normally it will take 3months they said but if I will pay for it to be specialized and to be process as soon as possible I payed 3,800 pesos plus 300 just to get it coz I need it very soon. It's been a month but still I don't have it and it pisses me off I think my Ninang is just ripping us off. It's not the first time coz I payed almost 25k for the CIVIL wedding we chose it to save some cash but at the end we were not able to do so.

I didn't change anything else, my passport is still the same with my single name on it. Will it be a problem?

And also do I really need to get a CFO sticker just for a schengen visa to Austria for 3months.???

HELP HELP HElP....

Hi, for your marriage certificate issue, I think It's not fair that you had to pay Php3,800 for the MC to be processed sooner. You should have used the NSO's Advance Endorsement service. I did that last November last year, I only paid Php160 for processing fee, Php80 for courier fee and Php140 pesos for each copy then I received my copies after 2 weeks. I wrote a thread about this before. I know It's too late now though

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....uot?highlight=

I don't think you will need CFO sticker to go to Austria for 3 months. It is clearly stated on the CFO website that you are required to attend the seminar and get the sticker if you are going to settle abroad as fiancée or spouse of foreign nationals. I went on a tourist visa for 5 months to UK before and I didn't have to get that. But you will need the CFO seminar certificate to change your status on your passport. Goodluck!

Respected Member
    We went through the same process last year for the marriage certificate, but didn't pay extra, just did the Advance Endorsement, and pushed it along at each stage. Took around 3 weeks. The Cebu City Hall were a little difficult but helped us in the end.

Anyway as the CFO Sticker, you shouldn't need it if your returning to the Philippines and have return flights.

My wife doesn't have a CFO sticker, although did do the seminar and when she explained they said it was ok and she was leaving permenantly.

Thanks for all the replies guys.. but am wondering what is AU pair?

Quote Originally Posted by ana07cutiepie View Post
    am wondering what is AU pair?
    According to wikipedia...

An au pair (plural: au pairs) is a domestic assistant from a foreign country working for, and living as part of, a host family. Typically, au pairs take on a share of the family's responsibility for childcare as well as some housework, and receive a small monetary allowance for personal use. Au pair schemes are subject to government restrictions which specify an age range usually from late teens to mid to late twenties. In Europe, where the concept originated, au pairs are only supposed to work part time, and they often also study part time, generally focusing on the language of the host country, but in the United States, they are permitted to provide full time childcare.
    The title comes from the French term au pair, meaning "on a par" or "equal to", indicating that the relationship is intended to be one of equals: the au pair is intended to become a member of the family, albeit a temporary one, rather than a traditional domestic worker.

Thread Information