Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

Thumbs up Visa Granted !!!

After the email i received on May 8 saying that my visa will be despatched shortly, an email from VFS stating that my application is ready for collection and another stating that the docs have been forwarded to the courier (both received yesteday may 10 )...............i RECEIVED my spouse visa today

To the forum ,moderators, members,
    Thank you very much for all your support and patience

Respected Member
    I lodged my visa application last March 21 2012....
    Here is my wife's letter to the embassy...I hope this will help the future applicants.....

British Embassy Manila
    120 Upper McKinley Road
    McKinley Hill
    Taguig City 1634

March 21,2012

Subject: Settlement Visa Application

Dear Sir/Madam:

This is a letter of support for my husband, xxxxxx ,who is currently applying for a Settlement visa. We have been in this long distance relationship for 3 years and 11 months, married for nearly 2 months , and we have a gorgeous 6 months old son. We talk on the phone and over the internet every single day. I have been travelling to Philippines to visit him at least twice a year which helped a lot in keeping our relationship strong. But it has been really tough for both of us especially when I got pregnant and had to go through the pregnancy on my own.We are sincerely hoping that you would grant our request to be together and live as a normal family.

Love timeline:

March 2008 : xxxxx and I met and went out several times when I was in the Philippines for a vacation.

April 2008 : We became a couple. I went back to UK as I work there as a full time Registered Nurse in Intensive Care Unit.

July 2008 : We went to Hongkong for 8 days holiday and had so much fun.

March-April 2009: I went to Philippines for 5 weeks vacaton and lived with him. We had so much fun as usual. I was formally introduced to his family, and I introduced him to my relatives as well. xxxxx proposed to me while we were watching our favorite band's concert.

October 2009: I went to Philippines and lived with xxxxxx . I stayed in the Philippines just for a couple of weeks so I can be with him on his birthday ( xxxxx,2009)

May-June 2010: I went back again to Philippine and lived with xxxxx. Again, it was just a short vacation so we can be together,and it was all worth it.

Septeber 2010: xxxxx applied for a tourist visa to come to UK so we can celebrate Christmas holidays together. Our purpose was genuine but unfortunately,
    his application was not successful.

December 2010 - January 2011: Because he was refused a visa to come to UK, I went to Philippines instead. We were not able to spend Christmas together but we were together for New Year. It was our happiest New Year so far...

January 2011: 2 days before my flight to go back to UK, we received a wonderful blessing. I TESTED POSITIVE FOR PREGNANCY TEST!

January 2011: It was the day of my flight to go back to UK. I was extremely happy because Iwas carrying a piece of him. But I was also scared because I knew then that I will have to go through the whole pregnancy alone.

May 2011: xxxxx applied again for a tourist visa as I needed him to come to United Kingdom for at least a month to help me take care of some important things ( like storing my things in a storage warehouse,lifting heavy boxes,vacating my flat, selling my car) and accompany me to travel back to Philippines as I was on my last trimester of my pregnancy. He was again denied a visa. It did break our hearts. xxxxx was devastated as he was feeling sorry for me but there was nothing he can do. But we stayed strong psychologically and emotionally.

July 2011: I was 31 weeks pregnant at that time when I travelled on my own to come to Philippines. It was a very long journey, I was scared but the thought of seeing xxxxxagain kept me strong.
    xxxxx picked me up at the Airport, tears just came out flowing when we saw each other. I instantly felt so safe and secured.

September 2011: I delivered a healthy baby boy. No words can express how much happy we were on his safe arrival.

November 2011: We had our son christened, we named him xxxxxxx.

January 2012: We finally said our "I DO's"....our son, held our rings....We were so happy, inlove,and COMPLETE.

I am really sorry for this very long biography, but my intention is just to show you that for the past 4 years my poor xxxxx had to keep waiting for me. It has been really tough for both of us, that is why I am begging for your favourable decision on his visa application. Please help us so we can live as a normal and happy family. I did my best to stay strong emotionally and psychologically from day 1 of my pregnancy but I can't bear the thought of raising my son without his father.

I was naturalized to become a British Citizen in 2009 ( Please see attached Citizenship Certificate). I am settled in the UK,working as a registered nurse in zzzzzzzzzzzz (please see attached Employment Certificate, Pay slips, P60). I have a generous amount of savings in my bank , I do not have any outstanding loan and hardly use my credit card. (Please see attached bank statements, savings account). I have enough money to start a family. xxxxx graduated as a xxxxxxxxxx and he intends to seek employment on arriving in the UK which will further increase our income. I am very familiar with the role and obligations of visa sponsorship and of the Home Office expectations in this undertaking and therefore,I will make sure that he will not become a public charge on the part of United Kingdom Government.

We decided to have our baby in the Philippines so that xxxxxx and I can be together to support each other. While I am here, I contacted some of the local Letting Agencies in Bristol for a property suitable for us. I managed to get a 3 bedroom house about 10 minutes walk away from my work place. I have friends who are kind enough to view the property in behalf of us. I was communicating to the letting agent and landlord through email,over the phone, fax, and I submitted all the requirements via courier (Please see attached tennancy agreement).

I hope the facts and evidence provided enables you to grant my husband a settlement visa to live in the UK with me and my son.

Sincerely Yours,

yyyyyyy

once again Thank you so much everyone...

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Congrats Kmg423! That letter would be a great help to someone applying for a visa too.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Trusted Member
    Congratulations to you both, and wishing you a great life together in the future .

Congrats.... wow nice long story.well done

for sharing your letter of support ... which, I'm sure, will be a great help to others.

Again ... my Congratulations.

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    Congrats to you! Cheers for the success!

Respected Member
    Thanks guys..
    Thanks for the help and support..

well done, congrats!

congratulations and all the very best for the future

Congratulations you deserve it

Congratulations all the hard work & patience has finally paid off

AN HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE

congratulations kmg423!

Banned
    Well done ! You overcame all the hurdles and succeeded, best of luck to you all for the future

Amazing hurdles there and congrats for overcoming them!

congrats kmg423! when her flight? me this coming june 1st..

Respected Member
    Thanks guys
    hi miss taurus...Me and my wife and our son will be flying end of May... bon boyage !!

Quote Originally Posted by Kmg423 View Post
    After the email i received on May 8 saying that my visa will be despatched shortly, an email from VFS stating that my application is ready for collection and another stating that the docs have been forwarded to the courier (both received yesteday may 10 )...............i RECEIVED my spouse visa today

Congratulations and well done

Banned
    Nice one.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmg423 View Post

CongratulationsOne happy family now.

Congrats kmg423 Very nice letter

congratulations God bless you xx
    ADAMGRACE

well done

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Just reading your letter brought tears to my eyes ... Congrats and enjoy England three-gether

Congratulations!!to both of you!!!Godbless!!

congratulations made me cry while reading this letter, have a happy life now that u are reunited to your hubby!!!

Thread Information