Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: A Brief Update

A Brief Update

Hi Guys its been almost a year since I was last here and I thought I would update.

Since our marriage last year in Feb the Missus and Nippa have arrived last November in Portugal and are residents with 5 year cards it has been an interesting process very doable and simpler and cheaper than the normal spouse visa route
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Hi Keith .... lovely name
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

someone from the past
    i thought you was banned
    good to see you finally made it Keith
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Trusted Member
    Portugal eh ?

There's a thought.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    someone from the past
    i thought you was banned
    good to see you finally made it Keith
    You're thinking of Aposhark the other Chuckle Brother

for your update, Keith. back ... and don't be a stranger!

Banned
    Portugal is a great place. I loved it there. Aswell as the Algarve I spent a bit of time just a bit north of Lisbon (Alcobaca), on the west coast.

Some great beaches east of Faro, that the package tour Brits don't tend to flock to.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    Hi Guys its been almost a year since I was last here and I thought I would update.

Since our marriage last year in Feb the Missus and Nippa have arrived last November in Portugal and are residents with 5 year cards it has been an interesting process very doable and simpler and cheaper than the normal spouse visa route
    In my previous life, in my other marriage, my ex wife and I always talked of retiring to Portugal or Spain. And it is hardly surprising as there are some great places in the Iberian peninsular. I am sure Mrs Lastlid would be more at home in the warmer weather.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    You're thinking of Aposhark the other Chuckle Brother
    well you remember them both well
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Trusted Member
    I'll bet property is a bit cheaper there now.

I was offered a job last year, selling 'mobile' holiday homes in Portugal for the British site owners.

With my boy still being in full-time education then, decided not to bother, but who knows...later this year, once he's flown the nest and I'm a free agent again for the first time in 20 odd years.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post

I was offered a job last year, selling 'mobile' holiday homes in Portugal for the British site owners.
    Timeshare ... ?

Quote Originally Posted by graham48 View Post
    With my boy still being in full-time education then, decided not to bother, but who knows... later this year, once he's flown the nest and I'm a free agent again for the first time in 20 odd years.
    ... ... simply "bide" your time!

Hi Keith.. If the Chinks invade,I might join you in Portugal!!
    Good to see you back here and congrats on the progress you made with family life.
    Cheers,
    Fred.

Trusted Member
    No, not time-share Arthur...selling the actual static caravan type units, which are then shipped over from the UK factory and given a plot on the site.

Cost about 30 to 40 grand.

Interested ?

I as certainly persistent and if anyone else thinks the eea route might be interesting i am probably the world expert on Portugal
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

I as certainly persistent and if anyone else thinks the eea route might be interesting i am probably the world expert on Portugal
    the only problem with EEA Family route is it takes 5yrs to get ILR.

True but no visa fees and no language or life in the uk nonsense
    Absit invidia

Trusted Member
    No wonder half the family of the ex seem to be living in Sweden now..and certainly seem to have no problems in bringing relatives over for holidays, if the facebook photos are anything to go by.

True but no visa fees and no language or life in the uk nonsense
    also you have a virtual legal right to bring your spouse with you unlike the UK

and then to bring her to the UK as if you were an eea national

right tata see you in another year
    Absit invidia

Trusted Member
    You do right.....playing the idiots at their own game.

The EEA route is a good opportuntiy for some folks. But it's not an easy or simple route for the majority.

Nice to see you are still around Keith, welcome back
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Thread Information