Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie (Restricted Access)

iv met a Filipino girl in the UK

hi I'm new to all this, can anyone help me?I've been seeing this girl for some months now and don't want to lose her,
    she has 2 kids back home and is divorced
    she has a 2 year study visa (1 year to go)
    id just like to know how do we stand legaly if she was to stay with me?
    any help would be great.

Hello, and to the filipino/uk forum.

Basically, I cannot see anything legally preventing this girl living with you for the duration of her stay here as a student.

However, bear in mind, she will need to return to the Philippines on completion of her studies, in order to be eligible to apply for either a Fiancee or Spousal Visa ... should the two of you eventually decide to marry.

stay with you ?? you mean live with you while she still on her student visa ? she must still attend college or the college should report her for not attending.

i take it your British ? if so and she is divorced and is free to marry, you could marry before her student visa expires and apply for FLR(M) so she wouldn't need to leave the UK.

if your asking about getting her kids here once your married, then that depends on her having sole custody and 'sole responsibility' for them.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post

However, bear in mind she will need to return to the Philippines on completion of her studies, in order to be eligible to apply for a Settlement (Fiancee or Spousal) Visa ... should the two of you decide to marry.
    not true Arthur, it should be possible to marry on a student visa, without needing to leave the UK.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    not true Arthur, it should be possible to marry on a student visa, without needing to leave the UK.
    Ah ... ... I must've been under the impression that was only possible on a work permit. Student Visas, I've never really been sure of - but didn't think they were convertible.

Ah ... ... I must've been under the impression that was only possible on a work permit.
    no, but until recently you needed a COA (cert of approval) from the Home Office before you could marry, which you dont any more..

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by myfilipino View Post
    hi I'm new to all this, can anyone help me?I've been seeing this girl for some months now and don't want to lose her,
    she has 2 kids back home and is divorced
    she has a 2 year study visa (1 year to go)
    id just like to know how do we stand legaly if she was to stay with me?
    any help would be great.
    If she was married to a pinoy in the philippines then i would want to see the divorce papers
    divorce is possible in the philippines but it is expensive and takes years
    a lot of them just split up and never get divorced legally so it does need further investigation

if she is still legally married then beware
    once the pinoy husband finds out that she is dating a "kanu" then he will come after you for money for sure
    one of my friends was locked up in a police cell for many months in manila
    his only crime was that he had entered into a relationship with a married woman and the husband objected and reported him to the police

Trusted Member
    'his only crime' ???

If he committed Adultery in the Philippines...

add to that stupidity and an inability to keep it in his trousers....and wear a condom...as in this case:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...es-hiding.html

Quote Originally Posted by London_Manila View Post
    divorce is possible in the philippines
    Divorce per se is NOT recognised in the Philippines ... only Annulment!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    'his only crime' ???

If he committed Adultery in the Philippines...

add to that stupidity and an inability to keep it in his trousers....and wear a condom...as in this case:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...es-hiding.html
    Of course my friend only found out that she was still married when he was arrested
    She had told my friend that she had been divorced years ago
    Many guys can fall for this if they dont ask for any proof

Trusted Member
    Of course my friend only found out that she was still married when he was arrested
    She had told my friend that she had been divorced years ago
    Many guys can fall for this if they dont ask for any proof
    Oh dear.

Please save us from ANOTHER thread hi-jacked for the purposes of your missionary work.

The members of this forum are not 5 year-olds, so kindly stop insulting their intelligence every time you start with the Mr.Knowitall sessions.

A place for everything, everything in its place.

so kindly stop insulting their intelligence every time you start with the Mr.Knowitall sessions.
    reminds me of

Respected Member
    Oh dear.

Please save us from ANOTHER thread hi-jacked for the purposes of your missionary work.

The members of this forum are not 5 year-olds, so kindly stop insulting their intelligence every time you start with the Mr.Knowitall sessions.
    I very much doubt that everyone is aware of the fact that you get thrown in jail for things like that

And yes some will try and hide the fact that they are already married

You might know this already but dont assume everyone else does

Trusted Member
    ...And so endeth the umpteenth lesson.

Respected Member
    ...And so endeth the umpteenth lesson.
    I think some guys would welcome some information about getting involved with a married filipina in the philippines

obviously you do not

I am sorry that you feel the need to continue with this mindless point scoring exercise

Trusted Member
    Nope...just tired of your endless one-trick pony lectures, and general bull in a china shop rudeness and arrogance towards other board members and their partners.

It's not what you say, it's how you say it...no matter how sound the advice might be.

Don't bother applying to the Diplomatic Corp.

I don't need to score points, but I will defend the right of others not to have their happiness tainted by nasty remarks from the likes of you.

As I said before to you, all are adults on here.

Advice is always welcome, but enough of the slurs on Filipinas and their prospective or existing partners please.

Respected Member
    Nope...just tired of your endless one-trick pony lectures, and general bull in a china shop rudeness and arrogance towards other board members and their partners.

It's not what you say, it's how you say it...no matter how sound the advice might be.

Don't bother applying to the Diplomatic Corp.

I don't need to score points, but I will defend the right of others not to have their happiness tainted by nasty remarks from the likes of you.

As I said before to you, all are adults on here.

Advice is always welcome, but enough of the slurs on Filipinas and their prospective or existing partners please.
    You dont defend anyone you just jump on my posts with mindless comments

you just cant take anything negative said about your "sweetheart" filipinas
    well time to come into the real world and from what i have seen a lot of them are far from perfect
    of course you would have us believe differently

When do you appoint yourself as spokesman for this forum anyway?

Trusted Member
    I have not said they (Filipinas) are good or bad...or called them "sweethearts" in your patronising way.

'Mindless', eh ? How original.

I haven't appointed myself as a spokesman, in fact you will find that I've probably responded to your 'beware of the evil Filipinas' posts less than anyone else, mainly because I'd rather not feed trolls....because that is what you are rapidly becoming.

... YOU seem to be doing [or trying to do] a pretty good job of that yourself!

You dont defend anyone you just jump on my posts with mindless comments

you just cant take anything negative said about your "sweetheart" filipinas
    well time to come into the real world and from what i have seen a lot of them are far from perfect
    of course you would have us believe differently

Your soul aim throughout all your posts seems to portray Filipinas in a negative way. If your not bad mouthing the women your bad mouthing their families. The majority of people here cannot identify with your portrayal of a relationship with a Filipina. We all appear to be perfectly happy in our relationships and fairly content with our lives unlike you who appear to be totally pre occupied with protecting your nearly paid for house and your hard earned cash. We cannot identify with your story at all because its quite apparent in your relationships you and your attitude is the problem and not the women. Unfortunately I am not a moderator here because I would of banished you some time ago as your sole purpose is to annoy people.

Yes, it's true that if you enter into a relationship with a married woman in Phils, then you are potentially in a great deal of trouble - and I THINK I read once that this also applies to living with a local woman if you're not married, but I could be wrong.

BUT this thread is about a guy who has met a lady in the UK. The UK police aren't going to come drag him off to Wormwood Scrubs for living over the brush (In fact if she's a stunner, they might give him a pat on the back and congratulate him)

Same as if you pinch a car here, you might get a slap on the wrist, do the same in Saudi, and.....

On the other note, it might indeed be a good idea to be absolutely sure she is indeed divorced, since it's not exactly easy in Phils. Surely though she would have to prove this before you got married over here - or does she! I obviously have never had experience of this (thank flip )

Hi,
    I hope my comment here will be helpful.

A friend of mine who I went to uni back in Cebu came here on a student visa, she met a bloke and they got married. Of course she was single and no children so that was of no worries.

If you think she's the one, get to know her better. Ask her if she is legally annulled to her ex-husband because it can be a pain and expensive process to get annulment I gathered.

It is important that you two are happy.

Cheers!
    Life as we make it

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post
    Your soul aim throughout all your posts seems to portray Filipinas in a negative way. If your not bad mouthing the women your bad mouthing their families. The majority of people here cannot identify with your portrayal of a relationship with a Filipina. We all appear to be perfectly happy in our relationships and fairly content with our lives unlike you who appear to be totally pre occupied with protecting your nearly paid for house and your hard earned cash. We cannot identify with your story at all because its quite apparent in your relationships you and your attitude is the problem and not the women. Unfortunately I am not a moderator here because I would of banished you some time ago as your sole purpose is to annoy people.
    Sorry to inform you but these things do happen

Respected Member
    ... YOU seem to be doing [or trying to do] a pretty good job of that yourself!
    Not at all, my views are the opposite of most on this site

Sorry to inform you but these things do happen
    how often thou ?
    how many people do you know that married a filipina and are still married. and how many were scammed ? or are no longer married ??

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    how often thou ?
    how many people do you know that married a filipina and are still married. and how many were scammed ? or are no longer married ??
    I wouldn't encourage him Joe he's flogged his dead horse on here for far too long

well he dont know me , and i am very happy, married and in love, i am not sure of the word scammed, but i am sure i have the best deal in what i have,

Respected Member
    Apparently, it's not impossible to change from a student visa to another visa ( like a spouse)....
    BUT that's if he is still single. In this instance she doesn't need to leave the UK...the switch ca be done while she is here..
    You say she's divorced?? well as you should know "divorce" isn't a thing that happens in the philippines, it's annulment...be sure of her true status.
    Sorry, I hope I make sense. I've had a few rows tonight with my GF, and I've been out to a friends on the sauce

Quote Originally Posted by HACHE View Post
    Sorry, I hope I make sense. ... I've been out to a friends on the sauce
    ... out "on the bash", Hache?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information