Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: first step

first step

what is the first step to be able to work in nursery/ply-school with children
    do i need to get a course to be able to qualified working??
    A place for everything, everything in its place.

i know there are some courses involved, 1 may be 1st aid, one of my daughters is qualified for this,

she has been in charge of a playschool before and still works in the same field,

i dont get to see her that often but i will ask her as soon as i am able and let you know what she says

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    i know there are some courses involved, 1 may be 1st aid, one of my daughters is qualified for this,

she has been in charge of a playschool before and still works in the same field,

i dont get to see her that often but i will ask her as soon as i am able and let you know what she says
    will be waiting imagine for your reply
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Moy View Post
    will be waiting imagine for your reply
    thanks
    ok i just been talking with my daughter on phone, some qualification or corse names are different in scotland, to the names used in england, right i will try put here what she said,,,

1 way is to go to collage for training and qualifications,they also put you in placements in a nursery ect as part of your corse training to qualify, qualification to earn is called s v q (in scotland) in england it is called n v q, she said level 2 but she thinks its proberbly level 3 svq or nvq

if however you wish to work in a nusery or playschool without going to collage as above,
    you can apply to private playschools/ nursary, only, goverment schools you can not unless you have done as above and gained qualifications,

my daughter suggests you write contact local playgroups, with a letter of any experience you have related to the work you are looking for,,, example this could be about bringing up your own children if you have any, or experience of looking after relatives children , anything at all is helpfull to show your experience.
    in the private nursery/play schools, you would get minimum wage, your job would be , support worker, or sometimes called assistant,
    a disclosure or police check will be required, to make sure you are safe to be around children that you have no criminal record against children,
    while you are working as an assistant , you can gain your qualifications at the same time, it may mean 1 day a week at collage, the people you are working for asses you too which all goes to your marks to get qualified, and when you have gained your qualifications you no longer need to be assistant and become a nursery teacher ect,

places to try look for work,

family centers, day care, social work, and of course private nursery and day care centers,

i hope that info helps you

thanks in many for the replied Imagine..

your welcome moy

Thread Information