Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access) mis_saigon28's Avatar

Indefinite Leave to Remain using interactive form set M

Hello everyone!

First and foremost let me just say that this website has helped me and my hubby a lot when we were applying for my spouse visa.

Now, I'm back again and want to ask regarding the online application. I have been trying to apply and pay online but it always ask me to download the form even if I have already filled out the interactive form. It doesn't move on to the next step which is Choosing Option, Pay and Save and Print.

I really want to do this online because I have read that some people were denied because their debit or credit card was declined due to the big amount paid.

Help please!

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Probably suggest a note of caution here - be very careful to use the most up to date form, which can be found on the UKBA website. I believe it is dated April 2012.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...ionformset(m)/

We haven't been able to find an online editable SET M form to fill in, which is annoying as it would save time. We've been faffing around with all sorts of PDF editors, but it may be simpler just to print the thing off and complete it by hand.

As regards the payment issue, it's well worth reading the SET M guidance notes too, also available on the above website. These recommend that you contact your bank to warn them before making payment.

Best of luck with it.

Newbie (Restricted Access) mis_saigon28's Avatar
    Thanks so much for your reply. I have just printed the form then just booked an appointment in Sheffield PEO...it was the best decision I've done and got my decision the day itself and received my ILR ID card after 2 days.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Very glad to hear that and well done. They've very recently updated the form - literally within the last week or two, so you did well to get yours submitted in time.

Fingers crossed for my wife's application - we're still busy getting all the papers together, but it shouldn't be too long now.

Take care and best of luck for the future.

Respected Member
    hi looking for a bit of advice can you still apply for ilr if my wifes name on her passport and biometrics card is still under her maiden name ,we are due to apply in 2 months ,has anybody any information regarding this

Quote Originally Posted by mis_saigon28 View Post
    I just printed the form then just booked an appointment in Sheffield PEO...
    ... wise move!

Quote Originally Posted by mis_saigon28 View Post
    it was the best decision I've done and got my decision the day itself and received my ILR ID card after 2 days.
    "Miss" Saigon, you're a winner! Like famous the Musical. Congratulations, well done ... and to the friendly, online filipino/uk community.

Seb ... for the helpful advice you gave to the previous newcomer ... here too ... and best wishes with your wife's forthcoming application.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
    hi looking for a bit of advice can you still apply for ilr if my wifes name on her passport and biometrics card is still under her maiden name ,we are due to apply in 2 months ,has anybody any information regarding this
    Jamesey ... there's no need for your wife to have the name on either her passport or biometrics card altered in order to apply for ILR. This can easily be attended to when she's ready for British Citizenship.

Likewise, to you, also ... and good luck with the application.

Respected Member
    thanks very much for repliying to my post you have been very helpful,its good to see that there are genuine people out there willing to help others thanks again

Thread Information