Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Totally agree.

Those dens of iniquity should be restricted to the young slim handsome and cheerful types.

... Nice one!

Quote Originally Posted by London_Manila View Post
    i dont drink any alcohol tee total in fact

For your information the last lady i dated in the philippines is a doctor and we remain good friends and we always
    did your Doctor g/f make a differential diagnosis of your problem sounds like to me its bitter-itus.

treatment - maybe she could prescribe a bit of for you, maybe that's your problem, you should start and cheer up a bit , your so negative if you were in a dark room you would develop

fyi - i married a Filipina Doctor, within the next couple of months she starts training to be a GP only 1 out of 100 filipinos ever to be registered by the GMC, and instead of putting Filipinas down and only posting about the dark side, maybe you could try and promote the good things
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Respected Member
    Well, LondonManila, I'm really not sure where your negativity comes from, but it does sound like the same bitter line I've heard in various expat dives in South East Asia. Often a complete misunderstanding of the culture or associating with the wrong kind of people, or those that their fingers burnt early on due to their own nativity.

This forum has a wealth of experience, and yes occasionally we see people get burnt, but on the most part Anglo-Filipina relationships seem to be very successful.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
    Everytime I see a post by LondonManila, it reminds me of these fat sweaty balding bitter men that you find in the skanky expat bars in the Philippines. You come across the same comments day in day out, by these guys sat at the bar staring down the end of the beer bottle and hanging out with bar girls and young girls and they think that these girls represent the country. The good ones wouldn't come near people like him.
    A reason why I very rarely stepped in an expat bar whilst living in the Philippines.
    There is another forum called LINC where you'll find some like minded people.
    maybe this will be you in the future if you dont change your ways, like scrooge you can change

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Totally agree.

Those dens of iniquity should be restricted to the young slim handsome and cheerful types.

maybe on your next visit Graham, you can show London_Manila a good time
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Trusted Member
    That was BEFORE I got married Joe, I would hasten to add.

As I did run a (non-bar) business in Angeles for several years I'm pretty au fait with the goings-on there.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    did your Doctor g/f make a differential diagnosis of your problem sounds like to me its bitter-itus.

treatment - maybe she could prescribe a bit of for you, maybe that's your problem, you should start and cheer up a bit , your so negative if you were in a dark room you would develop

fyi - i married a Filipina Doctor, within the next couple of months she starts training to be a GP only 1 out of 100 filipinos ever to be registered by the GMC, and instead of putting Filipinas down and only posting about the dark side, maybe you could try and promote the good things
    Of course there are a lot of good things going on in the philippines and thats why i am back there in june
    I just hope this China thing calms down because the last thing i need is all that kicking off when i am out there.

No the doctor never offered me any treatment and a good job she did not have too as she works as a consultant in oncology
    i did get the usual "advice" about my smoking habit though

Quote Originally Posted by London_Manila View Post
    Of course there are a lot of good things going on in the philippines and thats why i am back there in june
    I just hope this China thing calms down because the last thing i need is all that kicking off when i am out there.

No the doctor never offered me any treatment and a good job she did not have too as she works as a consultant in oncology
    i did get the usual "advice" about my smoking habit though
    Don't know why you bother going there as you haven't got a good word to say about the people.

Quote Originally Posted by HACHE View Post
    It's a fair point. I fell for her, and I guess my patience in the early days just permitted her to become like this, but if its her true colours I am glad I know now....
    I can imagine how you feel being pressured by your situation where heart and mind dont go same way.

just my thoughts...if i put myself into your shoe and i so sure about the feelings for this girl I would never have a second thought of marrying her especially if that would solve her problem regardless of her intentions. Others may have disagree but thats how love works often than not. If you're 100% in love with this girl you wouldn't be here asking advices as you really know what to do. Petty quarrels and silly arguments are always part of relationship. All couples in love do fights. and still remain together . I am pretty sure you know what your mind and your heart tells you what to do

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gparry2007 View Post
    I can imagine how you feel being pressured by your situation where heart and mind dont go same way.

just my thoughts...if i put myself into your shoe and i so sure about the feelings for this girl I would never have a second thought of marrying her especially if that would solve her problem regardless of her intentions. Others may have disagree but thats how love works often than not. If you're 100% in love with this girl you wouldn't be here asking advices as you really know what to do. Petty quarrels and silly arguments are always part of relationship. All couples in love do fights. and still remain together . I am pretty sure you know what your mind and your heart tells you what to do
    Thanks for the reply.
    You're right in saying if I was 100% I wouldn't be seeking advice here. Or anywhere for that matter.
    But for me I guess I needed to confirm to myself why i am not 100%....Genuine misgivings that I am not admitting to myself, or is it my temdancy to be overcautious and do the easy thing and just walk when things seem a bit complicated...
    Anyway, seems fate is forcing our hands. She's been told that she's only got 2 months to find a college, and a new course would cost £4-6K and only can do one year, during which she'll not be able to legally work unless that course is at a university. She's resigned herself to just going home. I think I have aswell.
    Ah well....part of life's complicated tapestry...

Trusted Member
    You'll be able to visit her in her home country.

Brilliant place.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information