Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    a long time ago when i was married in another life we got tax credits for our son, god knows why but we got so much cant remember how much but it was paid monthly, anyway when we was seperated my son came with me so i got this money, anyway it was april time and you had to fill in the forms to see if there was any change, thats the time when my divorce was going through so i had other things on my mind so i forgot, a few months later i got a letter saying that i owe them money because i did not fill the form in on time, thats when i told them to stick it paid the money to them and thought to myself i will never have any money from the goverment again, funny thing is we did not ask for the money in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    To be honest, if this proposed £ 26k minimum is going help reduce the welfare bill then surely it gotta be a good thing.

There are a whole raft of benefits to be claimed as a couple after the ILR is in there palms.

Surely, morally it isn't right to expect others to supplement there income. I know there's a long list of injustices going on right now in our country. By adding to it doesn't make it right.

Im afraid, for a very few, they could possibly become victims of our own generous (for some ) welfare system.
    We've had this argument before ... and I'd rather NOT go through it all again - BUT, there are a great many decent, hard working British people who earn nothing like £26K a year. Quite a few on here, in fact! Okay, you might ... but at what cost timewise? How many extra hours per day do you work for that kind of money? And is it really worth seeing less of your wife and son for the sake of it?

Referring to your 3rd paragraph in #19 ... what's "morally right" about denying an individual the basic human right to bring his/her lawfully wedded partner to live in the country where he/she was born and bred - and paid tax - because he/she simply doesn't earn enough (despite working full time) to sponsor their partner's application?

am i missing something here lads annd lasses and before i say it i dont mean to offend anyone at all, but surely we want our partners to be here with us so we can be together and work together for a better life, people dont expect to come here and live free at all, when i say free i mean not helping with work and bringing a income into the household, or is it people come here get pregnant and claim, claim,claim, surely no one is thinking that or am i just a fool thinking everyone wants to improve there life through hard work, like i said this is just my thoughts i dont want to offend anyone

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    there are a great many decent, hard working British people who earn nothing like £26K a year.
    66%

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    Nobody furnishes my lifestyle except me.
    I dont doubt that I was just pointing out that benefits can be claimed under a certain amount. That certain amount as far as I know is £ 25k. Im sure this is the reason why the goverment want to set this minimum....ie to stop recourse to public funds.

Banned
    I dont doubt that I was just pointing out that benefits can be claimed under a certain amount. That certain amount as far as I know is £ 25k. Im sure this is the reason why the goverment want to set this minimum....ie to stop recourse to public funds.
    But that eliminates 2/3rd of the population.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    am i missing something here lads annd lasses and before i say it i dont mean to offend anyone at all, but surely we want our partners to be here with us so we can be together and work together for a better life, people dont expect to come here and live free at all, when i say free i mean not helping with work and bringing a income into the household, or is it people come here get pregnant and claim, claim,claim, surely no one is thinking that or am i just a fool thinking everyone wants to improve there life through hard work, like i said this is just my thoughts i dont want to offend anyone
    No, you are missing nothing Steve.....what im pointing out is, benefits can be claimed after getting the ilr...apparently a whole raft of them and that fact was pointed out by a moderator a while back....thats if you earn under a certain amount.

Banned
    If one is earning £25500 per annum, how much tax is paid and how much tax credit is recouped?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    But that eliminates 2/3rd of the population.
    It probably does....that's the downside, as ive already said, having a generous welfare system

it should be your legal right to bring your partner to the UK, what you earn, what you can or can't claim should have nothing to do with it
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    We've had this argument before ... and I'd rather NOT go through it all again - BUT, there are a great many decent, hard working British people who earn nothing like £26K a year. Okay, you might ... but at what cost timewise? How many extra hours per day do you work for that kind of money? And is it really worth seeing less of your wife and son for the sake of it?

Referring to your 3rd paragraph in #19 ... what's "morally right" about denying an individual the basic human right to bring his/her lawfully wedded partner to live in the country where he/she was born and bred ... simply because he/she simply doesn't earn enough (despite working full time) to sponsor the partner's application?

Btw Its actually sons now ..you shouldn't assume what im doing or earning Arthur. Nothing wrong in your last sentence....what is wrong is what ive already pointed out..ie not at the expense of the other tax payers..claiming benefits because of your partner...not too dissimilar to going to the pub with a bunch of mates then expecting them to keep you in fags and drink all night...not the done thing.

its a funny old world, there will always be people who claim for every single thing, even in my family there is a few who claim and there children do the same, some have never worked for 40+ years and still they claim. its beyond me

It probably does....that's the downside, as ive already said, having a generous welfare system
    why not join them gWaPito then ? not so generous when your on it , imagine what you could spend your £71 a week on
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    why not join them gWaPito then ? not so generous when your on it , imagine what you could spend your £71 a week on
    its only generous if you have no mortgage or bills to pay, and you have lots of kids and you have no intention of working at all, the trouble is we all have bills and a mortgage, thats why we all have to work very hard

Banned
    Umm probably a daytime meal at cosmo followed by evening meal at one of our few good Chinese eating houses

some interesting reading, and the problems the gov will face if they try this.
    http://www.jcwi.org.uk/sites/default...s/UBLDBL_0.pdf

Banned
    some interesting reading, and the problems the gov will face if they try this.
    http://www.jcwi.org.uk/sites/default...s/UBLDBL_0.pdf
    "In relation to the increase in the maintenance threshold, the foregoing case studies provide faces
    to the nameless 67% MAC refers to in its report.

They show how pregnancy, low or average pay,
    accidents, disability, recent entry to the labour market as a graduate, circumstances of victims of
    human rights abuses and low currency exchange rates all potentially result in applicants failing the
    proposed maintenance requirements.
    The case studies also highlight how problematic the proposed implementation of these measures is.
    Through exclusion of consideration of third party support, future employment prospects of couples,
    savings and employment of the immigrant spouse, even more hurdles are placed in the way of
    applicants. Why on any logical count should these be excluded from consideration when calculating
    whether maintenance levels are met?
    As for the attachment requirement, the two case studies demonstrate the difficulties that those fleeing
    from human rights abuses are likely to encounter, and how those settled in the UK for over a decade
    may well in future be prevented from reuniting with their spouses / partners.
    Helen’s and Adenike’s stories of violence and abuse should remind MPs how probationary periods
    disempower their victims, and double lock them into cycles of violence and mental abuse.
    All of these case studies should also raise a question as to how far manifesto commitments to
    promote and protect family life would in practice be realized in the event of the implementation of
    such proposals. They should also lead to a question about the extent to which such proposals fall
    below international consensus (as reflected by international and regional human rights instruments)
    on basic minimum standards that should be accorded to couples and families.
    "

Trusted Member
    Screw the ones escaping from 'human rights abuses' and other such unproven crap.

They can stay in France.

Why the hell are our relationships being lumped in with these parasites ?

Respected Member
    Surely the logic is simple = its all about keeping people out

I am not implying that this figure is right but what ever figure they decide on then some people will fall below it

The present government love to been seen as taking a hard line on immigration and with everyone "up in arms" with the sheer number of european people coming here then i am sure they see this as a vote winner

Lots of people living here want the gates shut for good and they dont care who that effects

Trusted Member
    Yes, I think we all have brains enough to realise what lies behind it.

What is being discussed is the obvious unfairness of what is proposed in relation to BRITISH Citizens wishing to bring their partners from the Philippines.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by London_Manila View Post
    You are probably right. But the method of keeping people out lacks any modicum of discernment.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Screw the ones escaping from 'human rights abuses' and other such unproven crap.

They can stay in France.

Why the hell are our relationships being lumped in with these parasites ?
    Too right! I don't know many people in my area that earn over 26k...... f*cking hard times at the minute last thing we need is for it to be harder and let it screw with our relationships

Banned
    I must be typing in double dutch

Oh, thank you for the reputation, whoever sent it Im presuming (a leaf out of Arthur's book ) someone at least, is getting my drift.

Trusted Member
    Probably a lot of people are getting your drift...just that they don't agree with you....and you sure aint going to beat them into submission.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Probably a lot of people are getting your drift...just that they don't agree with you....and you sure aint going to beat them into submission.
    I guess your right Graham.

Minimum Income Proposals??

...there shouldnt be any minimum income proposal or criteria ....the visa should be given FREE as in the rest of Europe spouses/fiances.....my proposal is that why not put criteria on people already here, ..they shouldnt have kids if they dont have a job!! that will be more constructive... it should save ''us'' tax payers a few million pounds!!
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Trusted Member
    Absolutely right.

THEY have more votes though...and are prone to rioting when order and reason invade their ignorant, irresponsible and tawdry little world.

Quote Originally Posted by London_Manila View Post

I am not implying that this figure is right but what ever figure they decide on then some people will fall below it

The present government love to been seen as taking a hard line on immigration and with everyone "up in arms" with the sheer number of european people coming here then i am sure they see this as a vote winner
    ...it doesnt matter as what price they put on..just sounds good to the ignorants coz they think it includes EU which it didnt...a real vote winner for the ignorants eh
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    Minimum Income Proposals??

...there shouldnt be any minimum income proposal or criteria ....
    ... too damned right, there shouldn't!

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd virus View Post
    the visa should be given FREE as in the rest of Europe spouses/fiances.....
    ... 's long been a bone of contention with me; there OUGHT to be a system of equality, whereby Settlement Visas (following - or for the express purpose of - marriage/civil partnership) are either FREE to ALL applicants - or chargeable at an equivalent rate to EEA nationals!!

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd virus View Post
    my proposal is that why not put criteria on people already here, ..they shouldnt have kids if they dont have a job!! that will be more constructive... it should save ''us'' tax payers a few million pounds!!
    ... !

why dont they just pay all the hard workers a decent pay , then there'd be no problem about rescourse to public funds

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information