Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Titanic 3D

Banned

Titanic 3D

Anybody been already? Even if it is to just take the "trouble and strife".....how is it in 3D?

We have only just got it here on the IOM today, so me and Mrs Lastlid are going tomorrow.

Banned
    Wife nagged me into seeing Avatar the other year - not impressed daft film and I thought the 3D was fairly mediocre. I fell asleep 3/4 way through it

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Wife nagged me into seeing Avatar the other year - not impressed daft film and I thought the 3D was fairly mediocre. I fell asleep 3/4 way through it
    Just like in your Avatar.....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    Just like in your Avatar.....
    Exactly

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    I've watched Titanic before a LOT of times and I don't think seeing it in 3D now would make any difference for me..so I would pass on that..but contrary to what Dedworth thought, I've watched Avatar in 3D with my siblings when I was still in Manila and we all think it was great
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

As rayna says once you have seen a film i don't think it will make much differance in 3D & to be honest 3D doesn't really interest me

AN HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE

Banned
    I was talking to someone who has a 3D telly, the other day and they said that it hurts their eyes. I have found the same at the cinema sometimes........

Banned
    Some women want to watch Titanic a million times though....

Banned
    I was talking to someone who has a 3D telly the other day and they said that it hurts their eyes. I have found the same at the cinema sometimes........
    A pal's Dad has more money than sense and is always buying the latest gadgets - apparently his 3D telly does the same to him

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    A pal's Dad has more money than sense and is always buying the latest gadgets - apparently his 3D telly does the same to him
    Either the novelty will wear off or maybe the technology will improve.....

I was talking to someone who has a 3D telly, the other day and they said that it hurts their eyes. I have found the same at the cinema sometimes........
    Yes this happened to both me and the wife.
    One of our friends has 3D TV and whilst the effects on demo videos were fascinating it was only about 5-10 mins that our eyes felt strained. I also began to feel a little nauseous.
    I've never been to the cinema to watch 3D so will be interested to learn from your experience.

I liked the demo 3d in the shop on a TV, but decided not to get one just went for a good 40inch HD Samsung, it seems a good TV.

Would like to see Titanic in 3D but do not like going to cinema's

Mick.
    Last edited by mickcant; 14th April 2012 at 21:00. Reason: addition & spelling

Respected Member
    hi lastlid, me and hub watched Titanic in 3D last Saturday at The Printworks. It is just the same as the old one not brilliant but it will do. No matter how many times i watched that film I still cannot stop my tears. I enjoyed my 5 0z steak at Henry J Beans rather than Titanic 3D.
    It's worth a try with the Mrs though

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ynwa View Post
    hi lastlid, me and hub watched Titanic in 3D last Saturday at The Printworks. It is just the same as the old one not brilliant but it will do. No matter how many times i watched that film I still cannot stop my tears. I enjoyed my 5 0z steak at Henry J Beans rather than Titanic 3D.
    It's worth a try with the Mrs though
    I know the printworks .....last movie I watched in Manchester was at the Trafford Centre - Hunger Games, a few weeks back. Yes. I am sure Mrs Lastlid will enjoy it even though it will be the millionth time she has seen it.....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mickcant View Post
    ...............but decided not to get one just went for a good 40inch HD Samsung, it seems a good TV.
    I have its slightly smaller brother. Good TV

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Yes this happened to both me and the wife.
    One of our friends has 3D TV and whilst the effects on demo videos were fascinating it was only about 5-10 mins that our eyes felt strained. I also began to feel a little nauseous.
    I've never been to the cinema to watch 3D so will be interested to learn from your experience.
    I have seen a handful of 3D movies now. And to be honest the novelty has worn off a little now. The first I saw was the latest Harry Potter movie, back in the autumn.

I have its slightly smaller brother. Good TV
    When i buy a tv it is always a sony i have never had any probs with sony...I have only replaced a sony with another sony just for upgrade reasons.

Everyone has there own choice of brand i guess.

AN HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE

it hurts their eyes. I have found the same at the cinema sometimes........
    ... ... think I'd probably be the same!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... ... think I'd probably be the same!
    Indeed, I know I would ... because - whenever flash photography [or the like] is used on television - I tend to divert my eyes away from the screen.

Banned
    Whatever floats ones boat eh?

Did 3D add anything to this movie? It stands as a great movie for several reasons in any case and therefore, for that reason, 3D only really adds a little to it. Did 3D add anything to Rose's pose? I will leave you to judge for yourself....

"The story could not have been written better...The juxtaposition of rich and poor, the gender roles played out unto death (women first), the stoicism and nobility of a bygone age, the magnificence of the great ship matched in scale only by the folly of the men who drove her hell-bent through the darkness. And above all the lesson: that life is uncertain, the future unknowable...the unthinkable possible."
    — James Cameron

Had the odd twinge of pain with the 3D glasses...

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie c View Post
    When i buy a tv it is always a sony i have never had any probs with sony...I have only replaced a sony with another sony just for upgrade reasons.

Everyone has there own choice of brand i guess.
    I like Sony too...so I have a 42" Samsung AND a Sony, side by side....the new and the old.

You can guess who gets to watch the old steam-powered one while sonny boy is busy with his games on the big screen.

Trusted Member
    Haven't even seen the original 'Titanic'...don't think.

Actually I find it all a bit morbid to be honest.

I did see Avatar on the telly recently...always wait til it's free of course, and I really rather enjoyed it.

Watched the 3-part documentary on BBC2 ... in which 'Strictly Come Dancing' judge, Len Goodman - himself a former employee of Messrs Harland & Wolfe, the Belfast Shipbuilders responsible for Titanic's construction - interviewed descendants of those fortunate enough to survive the sinking.

Rivetting ['scuse pun!] stuff!

There's currently a four-part mini series on ITV. Screened between 9 & 10 o'clock on Sunday evenings ... it predictably draws comparisons between the vastly different lifestyles on board what was, in 1912, the world's greatest ocean-going liner ... focusing, alternately, on passengers and crew alike. Scheduled to conclude *tonight, the *date coincides with the commemoration ceremony to mark the centennial of the disaster.

Banned
    Watched the 3-part documentary on BBC2 ... in which 'Strictly Come Dancing' judge, Len Goodman - himself a former employee of Messrs Harland & Wolfe, the Belfast Shipbuilders responsible for Titanic's construction - interviewed descendants of those fortunate enough to survive the sinking.

Rivetting ['scuse pun!] stuff!

There's currently a four-part mini series on ITV. Screened between 9 & 10 o'clock on Sunday evenings ... it predictably draws comparisons between the vastly different lifestyles on board what was, in 1912, the world's greatest ocean-going liner ... focusing, alternately, on passengers and crew alike. Scheduled to conclude *tonight, the *date coincides with the commemoration ceremony to mark the centennial of the disaster.
    Yes, I saw the first two episodes of the Len Goodman 3 part series. I missed yesterdays as I was at the cinema...but haven't seen the 4 part mini series. And yes, such a wider chasm is our society in those days where a 1st class ticket was more likely to gaurantee your survival.... I dont see the Titanic as just a disaster movie in the same way as I dont just see it as a love story. It has many facettes to it.

Banned
    Indeed Lenny Goodman as opposed to Benny Goodman was evidently an ex welder.....

And yes, such a wider chasm is our society in those days where a 1st class ticket was more likely to gaurantee your survival.... I dont see the Titanic as just a disaster movie in the same way as I dont just see it as a love story. It has many facettes to it.
    Oh, undoubtedly, ... last week's episode gave some insight into the lives of those 3rd Class passengers [called "Steerage"] bound for New York's Ellis Island in search of (what they hoped) would provide them and their families with improved living standards. Alas, almost all of these poor people hadn't a cat's chance in hell of survival after the vessel collided with the iceberg.

Banned
    Oh, undoubtedly, ... last week's episode gave some insight into the lives of those 3rd Class passengers [called "Steerage"] bound for New York's Ellis Island in search of (what they hoped) would provide them and their families with improved living standards. Alas, almost all of these poor people hadn't a cat's chance in hell of survival after the vessel collided with the iceberg.
    Yeah. Imagine if our flights to the Philippines were run in the same way with 3rd class tickets......

Banned
    "A tribute to man's arrogance". So said one of the survivors who was 7 at the time and watched it sink from the lifeboats.....

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    I've watched Titanic before a LOT of times and I don't think seeing it in 3D now would make any difference for me..so I would pass on that..but contrary to what Dedworth thought, I've watched Avatar in 3D with my siblings when I was still in Manila and we all think it was great
    I saw AVATAR too I thought it was good. To be fair Titanic was good too but I think I skip the 3d.

I watched a really interesting programme on the National Geographic Channel last night called 'Titanic,CASE CLOSED!'
    After watching it,as far as I`m concerned it is!
    Excellent TV.

http://natgeotv.com/ca/titanic-case-closed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information