Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Help. Overstayed and married british

Hi everyone.I am new here and just want to meet people who have same situation as me.
    I went to uk last 2008 via student visa.Last 2010 was hoping to get working permit.we already had sponsor but the government changed rules and didnt release our sponsorship certificate. We underwent judicial review and we won but the government was really determined for us not to tier and erased careworker at shortage of occupation. That time my visa already ran out and had overstayed.During that time i am in a relatioahip with a british citizen and decided to get married to legalise everything.Seeking help from a solicitor.advised us to get married in the philippines and submit spouse visa application from here.
    Right now we were able to have a very lovely wedding in my town.
    Before i left uk all my paperworks are ready.All requirements like payslips tenancy agreement bank statements etc are ready. Am hoping to submit my application next week.
    Am hoping to know people who had same situation as me.Want to know the possibility il get my visa.Want to know people who made successful application.hope to hear from you.thank you so much

Respected Member
    Hendon07
    So are you currently in Philippines?
    Let me get this right you were an overstayer but returned to Philippines where you married a British citizen and now you wish to apply
    for a spouse visa at the Embassy
    From the info you have posted I am doubtful that payslips etc that you will submit relating to earnings in UK will be considered as your application is being made,quite rightly from Philippines as your lawyer advised
    It would be wise for you to consider having your lawyer to assist in the submission. Immigration issues are wrought with difficulty and your lawyer can steer you through the process

Yes i am in the philippines now. My husbands payslips bank statements etc are ready with me. We were helped by an immigration lawyer in the uk. All requirements and cover letter were made by a lawyer in the uk

Respected Member Eyes O'Donnell's Avatar
    welcome here and Congratulations on your recent marriage
    Good luck with everything and hope things work out for you. God bless

Thank you for your support

you shouldn't have a problem with overstaying unless the embassy believe you 'frustrated immigration' rules or the embassy believe it is a marriage of convenience..
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Yah even my husband thought about that. He said if its maariage for convenience. He wont travel to the other side of the world and get maaried in a third world country.

Thank you for reply. I am just really worried.

women from eastern Europe travel to the UK just to marry someone non European,

how long have you known each other ?
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Almost two years. Been living together for 5months

Respected Member
    hi hendon.. if you will follow my previous posts about overstaying,theres a member here who had the same issue with you.. i guess she was chenee and overstayed for 3 yrs in Uk.. she was able to get visa thou...

i overstayed also in a different country and applied for spouse visa last march 21...

hopefully our application will get positive results..

goodluck to both of us...

joebloggs also commented on that same thread i have created...

Quote Originally Posted by Hendon07 View Post
    Almost two years. Been living together for 5months
    i dont think you should have a problem then

Respected Member
    hi joebloggs... i would like to thank you again and this forum for all the help and support.. i am married to my wife now and we now have a healthy boy.. i applied last march 21 for spouse visa and we are keeping our fingers crossed..

goodluck Kmg423 most people will not have a problem with overstaying when its a spouse visa your applying for, so don t worry

Hi everyone.I am new here and just want to meet people who have same situation as me.
    I went to uk last 2008 via student visa.Last 2010 was hoping to get working permit.we already had sponsor but the government changed rules and didnt release our sponsorship certificate. We underwent judicial review and we won but the government was really determined for us not to tier and erased careworker at shortage of occupation. That time my visa already ran out and had overstayed.During that time i am in a relatioahip with a british citizen and decided to get married to legalise everything.Seeking help from a solicitor.advised us to get married in the philippines and submit spouse visa application from here.
    Right now we were able to have a very lovely wedding in my town.
    Before i left uk all my paperworks are ready.All requirements like payslips tenancy agreement bank statements etc are ready. Am hoping to submit my application next week.
    Am hoping to know people who had same situation as me.Want to know the possibility il get my visa.Want to know people who made successful application.hope to hear from you.thank you so much
    Hi there Hendon, welcome to the forum.

I have nothing more to add to the comments already made. There have been many cases similar to your's. Normally previous overstay does not impact on Settlement Visa applications.
    You will of course need to meet all other requirements and you should expect that to be the case having used a professional to guide you.

Good luck

Yes good luck the guys on here know what they are talking about. Great bunch of guys.

Hi welcome to the forum and good luck with your application

Hi everyone.
    Am three weeks pregnant now. What ablessing for us. I hope this government wont allow our family to be apart. I hope my application will be fine.

Would me being pregnant be a big help on my application?

Respected Member
    congrats to you hendon

Hi everyone.
    Am three weeks pregnant now. What ablessing for us. I hope this government wont allow our family to be apart. I hope my application will be fine.

Would me being pregnant be a big help on my application?
    i take it the embassy dont know your pregnant ? it would make it more difficult for them to state it was a marriage of convenice if they ever had reason to suspect that.

Thread Information