Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hi All, Im a newbie to this site but going thru this process, the advice on here is sound but daunting. I have been out to PI twice this year and going again next week. Like some of the comments on here....Got lots of foto's but only a couple of me and future missus together. Better do something bout that this viz! Just a quick thanks to all who contribute, its been a great help so far.
    From what ive read the consensus says "marry and live here", my original thoughts were to live there. So going to have long chat with er indoors re moving here. Thank christ ive kept the letters etc.
    Stretch

Respected Member
    Originally posted by stretch33@Sep 8 2005, 11:09 PM
    Hi All, Im a newbie to this site but going thru this process, the advice on here is sound but daunting. I have been out to PI twice this year and going again next week. Like some of the comments on here....Got lots of foto's but only a couple of me and future missus together. Better do something bout that this viz! Just a quick thanks to all who contribute, its been a great help so far.
    From what ive read the consensus says "marry and live here", my original thoughts were to live there. So going to have long chat with er indoors re moving here. Thank christ ive kept the letters etc.
    Stretch
    If you actually want to live there, in the PI, you could cut out all the embassy crap and just tie the knot over there, live there for a while, then seek a visa at your leisure, if you chose to. It's a lot easier (though not 'easy' per se) to get the visa, if you can show you are already living together in the PI and have been for a while. A lot less drama than toing and froing paperworks and info across the world.

As I've mentioned, the wife never actually had a 'sit down and be interrogated' interview, as we had lived there for a while and were obviously 'a family'.

How far are along are you in the visa process?

Originally posted by Pauldo@Sep 9 2005, 07:09 AM
    If you actually want to live there, in the PI, you could cut out all the embassy crap and just tie the knot over there, live there for a while, then seek a visa at your leisure, if you chose to. It's a lot easier (though not 'easy' per se) to get the visa, if you can show you are already living together in the PI and have been for a while. A lot less drama than toing and froing paperworks and info across the world.

As I've mentioned, the wife never actually had a 'sit down and be interrogated' interview, as we had lived there for a while and were obviously 'a family'.

How far are along are you in the visa process?
    Hi, Nowhwere yet with the visa application, altho i,ve downloaded all the docs to take out with me. As im a free agent and had intended having a year or so over there to chill out. Financially l will be secure as i've just sold the hse here and going to stick it in the bank and leave it. Does not owning a house here create a problem when applying for the dreaded visa. The intention would be to buy on return to uk. I,m happy enuf to get hitched there, so does it make sense to do things that way......ta

Respected Member
    Originally posted by stretch33@Sep 9 2005, 04:02 PM
    Hi, Nowhwere yet with the visa application, altho i,ve downloaded all the docs to take out with me. As im a free agent and had intended having a year or so over there to chill out. Financially l will be secure as i've just sold the hse here and going to stick it in the bank and leave it. Does not owning a house here create a problem when applying for the dreaded visa. The intention would be to buy on return to uk. I,m happy enuf to get hitched there, so does it make sense to do things that way......ta
    We never had a house when we applied. Nor anywhere organised to live. We just told them we were going to stay with my parents for a few weeks, then rent a joint until we could buy. I think I wrote a covering letter to go in with the application explaining that, because it asked about accomodation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information