Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Judges ordered to end 'right to family life' farce

how will this effect people on here ? time will tell ..

Judges are to be ordered by ministers to end the “abuse” of human rights laws which allows foreign criminals to claim the right to a “family life” to avoid being deported.

Theresa May, the Home Secretary, has declared that new immigration rules will be in place by the summer to make it “absolutely clear” that those who have committed a crime, broken immigration rules or cannot support themselves must not be allowed to stay.

The move, which follows a Home Office consultation into Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR), represents a victory for The Sunday Telegraph which launched a campaign on the issue last year under the slogan: “End the Human Rights Farce.”

Mrs May said in an interview with this newspaper: “By the summer, I will have changed the immigration rules so that we can end the abuse of the right to a family life.”

She added that she believes the measures will be “widely supported” both by politicians from all sides and the public and adds: “Believe you me, I get as frustrated as anybody when I see somebody who should not be in this country remaining in this country.”

In a wide-ranging interview at the end of a bruising political week for the Home Secretary, she also served notice she would not back down in the row with the Liberal Democrats over plans to give law enforcement agencies new powers to investigate on-line communications including visits to Facebook, eBay and Skype which have been dubbed a “snooper’s charter.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ife-farce.html
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Trusted Member
    About bloody time !

Hopefully shouldn't affect honest British citizens and their honest partners.

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    or cannot support themselves must not be allowed to stay.
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Hopefully shouldn't affect honest British citizens and their honest partners.
    I wonder about this part effecting some people on here (proposed minimum income)
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    . I wonder about this part effecting some people on here (proposed minimum income)

Yes. Tarring all with the same brush....

Trusted Member
    I really think they're going to have problems getting it through at the proposed level.

yes but as it says criminals trying the ive a familey so shouldnt be deported rule and the ones that are and ones that cant support them selfs she,s not saying about genuine immigrants that go by the rule,s dont get me wrong i dont like her or this goverment as i want to bring my wife to be here as well as other members do also its hard on everyone but mabe its a start to get rid of euro scum out that dont need to be here and let our wife,s partners here after all we pay enough money to get them the visa and be the pain and time to be allowed to be with our loved one,s

Trusted Member

The full extent of 'the changes' may become a double edged sword for genuine immigrants.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    The full extent of 'the changes' may become a double edged sword for genuine immigrants.
    Peter how about the European court of human rights act coukd this be a saviour to some?

AN HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE

Quote Originally Posted by stevie c View Post
    Peter how about the European court of human rights act coukd this be a saviour to some?
    Well it could be, but there are many people who want UK to develop it's own 'Bill of Rights' and detach from EU human rights.
    We'll just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Well it could be, but there are many people who want UK to develop it's own 'Bill of Rights' and detach from EU human rights.
    We'll just have to wait and see.

i think your average working joe who pays his bills and just wants to be happy with his wife and children coming here to join him, wont have any rights what so ever, now if you are a european from europe, better still if you are a criminal, you will get everything, just my thoughts dont mean to offend

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    i think your average working joe who pays his bills and just wants to be happy with his wife and children coming here to join him, wont have any rights what so ever, now if you are a european from europe, better still if you are a criminal, you will get everything, just my thoughts dont mean to offend
    Quite right to steve... You certainly do not offend me

Judges are to be ordered by ministers to end the “abuse” of human rights laws which allows foreign criminals to claim the right to a “family life” to avoid being deported.

Theresa May, the Home Secretary, has declared that new immigration rules will be in place by the summer to make it “absolutely clear” that those who have committed a crime or broken immigration rules must not be allowed to stay.
    ... fair enough!

I think also the criminals need to have access to legal aid removed.
    I too think this could be a double edged sword though..

Theresa May, the Home Secretary, has declared that new immigration rules will be in place by the summer to make it “absolutely clear” that those who cannot support themselves must not be allowed to stay.
    ... GROSSLY UNfair!!

... let's ALL just hope & that commonsense prevails!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... let's ALL just hope & that commonsense prevails!!!
    Don't hold your'e breath Arthur with this bunch of idiots in power

Trusted Member
    Worst thing that ever happened...bunch of lily-livered Liberals constantly grabbing the steering off the Tories though.

They'd make a law forcing everyone with a spare bedroom to accommodate a homeless gay, alcoholic tramp, illegal immigrant, ex-con or asylum-seeker...given the chance.

I think if the Tories were given free rein, probably we WOULD withdraw from the ECHR.

how will this effect people on here ?
    Without wishing to appear alarmist, probably a sizeable proportion of our membership could be affected to some extent IF these *minimum income proposals get the go ahead. However, I don't think *they're likely to have any bearing on those whose partners have ALREADY settled here. I'd hazard a guess, though, that around perhaps 90% of the British population will be in favour of ANY measures to curb immigration levels and, of course, this is what the Government is banking on ... seeing them as a way of earning more "brownie points" with the electorate. It's sheer political ruthlessness at the expense of a minority of decent, honest folk who ask for nothing more than the basic human right to have their chosen loved ones join them in what is, after all, their own country.

Thing is, it NEEDN'T be like that if Oxbridge-educated May - along with her "bool in the mooth" cohorts - were to finally climb down from their ivory towers in cloud land ... and start using some basic savvy to separate the "sheep from the goats". But will they?

Banned
    However, I don't think *they are likely to have any bearing on those whose partners have ALREADY settled here.
    Of course I sincerely hope you are right. However, I am half expecting that my wife, who arrived here on 1st October on a Spouse visa, will end up having to do a 5 year stint to ILR. Not seeking to be pessimistic or optimistic, just realistic.

Will be nice if you are right though Arthur.

Banned
    Thing is, It NEEDN'T be like that if Oxbridge-educated May - along with her "bool in the mooth" cohorts - were to finally climb down from their ivory towers in cloud land ... and start using some basic savvy to separate the "sheep from the goats". But will they?

I think she is just interested in how her stats look, not whether she "pithes" off the few in our minority.

Banned
    Has anyone actually used the "right to a family life" angle in an Anglo - Phil immigration case ?

I thought it was only foreign criminals, failed so called "asylum seekers" and other n'er do wells seeking to avoid deportation from the UK who had this "right to a family life"

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Has anyone actually used the "right to a family life" angle in an Anglo - Phil immigration case ?
    Not to my knowledge ... but then, there's surely a first time for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    I thought it was only foreign criminals, failed so called "asylum seekers" and other n'er do wells seeking to avoid deportation from the UK who had this "right to a family life"
    It certainly appears that way at the present time ... and this unsatisfactory state of affairs looks set to continue for as long as successive governments remain content to kowtow to the European Court of sub-Human Sh1tes. Instead of engaging in seemingly endless debate about Scottish Independence, should be pulling together as one nation, focussing its attention on withdrawal from the legislative shackles that bind it to Europe. But there again, that would be too sensible a move, wouldn't it!?

Quote Originally Posted by stevie c View Post
    Don't hold your breath Arthur with this bunch of idiots in power
    No chance, mate, I won't ... if I had, I would've been dead long ago!

Thread Information