Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

Searching recent advice on apply for uk visa for filipina, & help in Manila to apply

Hi I'm Tim searching for advice on getting my filipina gf to uk to travel,and see the olympics.Anyone know of good agent in phillipines who will help with the application, thanks for your time in reading this and the good posts I've already read

http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Respected Member
    Joe , Thanks on that, will keep searching

you have the same problems as anyone who is going to apply for a general visit visa, showing you have the funds for the trip and more importantly proving you will leave before your visa expires. that's probably the main reason for refusal and sometimes its impossible to convince the embassy you will
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by timi View Post
    Hi I'm Tim searching for advice on getting my filipina gf to uk to travel,and see the olympics.Anyone know of good agent in phillipines who will help with the application, thanks for your time in reading this and the good posts I've already read
    Hi, Tim ... to the filipino/uk forum.

Had your girlfriend happened to be from Mindanao, I would've recommended the following Agency in Davao.

Century Express Phil. Inc.
    Travel & Tours
    Unit 2B 2/F Conpinco Bldg.,
    J.P. Laurel Ave.,
    Bajada,
    Davao City
    Tel. Nos. 222-0656 & 300-7918
    Fax No.221-2672

It's possible they have another branch office in Manila. I'm not sure - but worth contacting them to find out.

Bear in mind, though, demand is likely to be high for visas to attend the London Olymics ... and there's no guarantee of such applications being successful.

However, good luck.

From your previous posting in another thread:-

Quote Originally Posted by timi View Post
    Hi Can anyone recommend an agent who will help with application for visa, ive read posts but a recommendation of an efficient service would be good thanks timi

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Most people will prepare and submit their own applications, but hopefully any member who has used an agent will provide some details.

Do remember that the agent will still be asking both you (as sponsor) and your gf (as applicant) for all evidence of financials, accommodations and importantly strong and compelling reasons to return home to Philippines.
    As sponsor you will still be advised to submit a good supporting letter.

I agree that if you just don't have time to devote to application preparation etc than an agent can help by clearly outlining exactly what the sponsor and applicant need supply.

Sorry I have no details of a good visa agent in Philippines. Just be sure that the person your take on is experienced with UK VISIT visa's and how to apply to UK immigration law.
    Have you considered getting help from a UK advisor?

Just another thought....... using the Olympics as a reason to be coming to the UK will probably make the UKBA want to see evidence of your tickets. If you don't have tickets already, (bought in your name and for your GF), then I don't see it as worth mentioning.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    Just another thought....... using the Olympics as a reason to be coming to the UK will probably make the UKBA want to see evidence of your tickets. If you don't have tickets already, (bought in your name and for your GF), then I don't see it as worth mentioning.
    ... true ...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    you dont need tickets to see the Marathon

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    you dont need tickets to see the Marathon
    But travelling 7000 miles to stand in one place to watch them run past you
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Respected Member
    thanks for all the useful info,and advice,i really appreciate that, any more contributions and thoughts gratefully received

Respected Member
    The visit visa process is generally straightforward, you complete an application on the UK Border Agency website, arrange an appointment at VFS Manila to submit the documents and biometrics, and take some photos.

The cavite being, as is mentioned above, the EVIDENCE! You need to provide a letter of support detailing the plans for the trip, itinerary and your relationship with your girlfriend.
    You need to prove two very major points; 1) That your girlfriend has a compelling reason NOT to remain in the UK at the end of the trip, i.e. she a letter from her employer, assets in the Phils etc and 2) That sufficient funds are available to cover the trip, with full proof of these funds.

With these documents in hand, it should be very straightforward.

Good luck.

Respected Member
    thanks Ricky,for that very useful info,I'm a bit unsure of what to put in my letter of support apart from the itinerary, plans and proof of our relationship over 7 months.But thanks for this really useful guidance

Respected Member
    Well in the supporting letter you can comment on the evidence that your girlfriend has provided to prove she will return to the philippines and that she has enough funds, in essence you would be clarifying those points.

Thread Information