Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

need to know some important details

hello again,
    despite having our eea family permit my question would end just there yet lol.
    now i need to ask like if for example the validity of our eea family permit is april 10,2012 does that mean we need to fly that soon or if not how long is the allowable time for us to use the eea family permit and travel.
    also if we dont travel on the 'valid from' date indicated,say like we would travel may 22,2012 if its allowable,would that be deducted on the six months validity of our eea family permit?and would mean we only have 5months left?and what if upon applying the residence permit it would took us longer than what we think will they consider us overstayer too?
    another question, when we get there do we immediately apply for residence permit and if we stayed for more that the 'vald until' date would they consider us overstayer and have bad records in the immigration?

again all your advise will be highly appreciated.thank you so very much.

sorry i know this would sound stupid but will also like to ask do we only book 1 way ticket or the 2-way one?and does any of you know any cheap flights at the moment.i have got 2 kids along with me who is 6 and 3years old.do we get first time flyer discounts if ever? thank you so much for all your time reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by marikistin View Post
    hello again,
    despite having our eea family permit my question would end just there yet lol.
    now i need to ask like if for example the validity of our eea family permit is april 10,2012 does that mean we need to fly that soon or if not how long is the allowable time for us to use the eea family permit and travel.
    also if we dont travel on the 'valid from' date indicated,say like we would travel may 22,2012 if its allowable,would that be deducted on the six months validity of our eea family permit?and would mean we only have 5months left?and what if upon applying the residence permit it would took us longer than what we think will they consider us overstayer too?
    another question, when we get there do we immediately apply for residence permit and if we stayed for more that the 'vald until' date would they consider us overstayer and have bad records in the immigration?

again all your advise will be highly appreciated.thank you so very much.
    Your entry to UK is valid from April 10th 2012. Means you can travel anytime after
    that date. By the way you must travel to UK within the 6 months 'validity'

The EEA Family Permit is always issued for 6 months. But you will not be an overstayer after the expiry date. You can safely stay for as long as you want.
    You may decide to apply for a Residence Permit from UKBA. Although technically even that does not really matter in principle as it happens 'automatically'.

You may (if you want - it's technically not a requirement) apply for Permanent Residence (PR) after completing right of residence for five years.
    Don't apply before the five year requirement has been met.
    The application form, EEA4, is available for non-EEA national family members who WANT to apply for a Permanent Residence card.

Permanent residence is also considered as 'settled status' which in principle is the same as ILR

You could apply for naturalisation (British Citizenship) with a PR card issued a year before your naturalisation application.

Here again, technically you don't need to apply for a PR card, but my personal advice would be to apply for it anyway.
    Well firstly it's free of charge, and secondly almost all the required documents for supporting evidence for naturalisation would be supplied at that time anyway.

Eventually, you need to do some research and make your own choices.

thank you so much sir terpe for your reply on my query.we are wanting to travel just after my mums 50th birthday thats why i was askin coz it will be on the 20th of may.
    will take and consider your advise.again thank you very much.will keep yous update of whats happening.and will post what we have done in our application to help those who will be applying for an eea fp in the future.i wanted to share them what i have gained form this very helpful forum.
    God bless!!!

Thread Information