Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks Ate rayna, steviec, imagine, pinkpetals, eye o'donnel, gladz, ate maria & mikey.

Steve.r, looks like I won't be able to make it on Vincent's christening as I'm flying next week 7th of Apr. But I hope I can still be his ninang Juvy.

bigmarco, best of luck with your appeal, I know everything will be in place soon. I'll keep praying for both of you.

Sir Arthur, thank you for the kind words, I would be more willing to give advice for future visa applicants esp now that i got my spouse visa approved.

Cheers everyone

A BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND TO YOUR HUBBY SIS!!! see you soon here in UK weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee have a safe trip sis x
    ADAMGRACE

Trusted Member
    Fantastic....soooo happy for you both.

Thanks also for so kindly posting some of your supporting docs so that the information may be of help to others.

I wish you both all the luck in the world.

Respected Member
    congrats juvy have a safe trip

well done! Congratulations!

Congrats Juvy

Congratulations! Nice time of the year to come to the UK...

Trusted Member
    Excellent news Juvy . I wish all the best for you and Paul .
    You are an asset to the forum, deservedly well liked and respected.

heart jumping of happiness for you and your hubby(same feeling every time i heard good results of applications from members here),,,have a safe trip juvyjones......thanks for the effort of posting your supporting list and letter as well....
    be positive,everything is gonna be ok

Awww Thanks Grace, will definitely see ya soon.

Cheers Graham, cexssy, derbyprincess, CAT, maricel & chieldave if you want me to post the copy of my husband's sponsorship letter just let me know. It's quite long though

Doc Alan, Salamat for your kind words. I do appreciate all of your informative posts too, Ingat palagi.

BIG Congratulations Juvy!!!!!
    Finally your waiting game is over .. im happy for you girl
    Ours just started

Happy moments ahead with your hubby
    Have a safe trip!

Respected Member
    Congratulations.... Have a safe journey...Juvy....

Hi Juvy,
    I envy you.... You know we applied our Unmarried Partner visa and my 2 dependent children last February 7,2012 and till now no news.
    You must be in cloud 9.
    I pray I will and my children will have the same happiness ou have now. Hu hu hu I have been waiting each second

Have a safe trip Juvy, maybe see you in the UK

Congrats
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Cheers mary_drew, febmary, Ate mari, Stevi - I'll pray that you hear the good news from them very soon. George, It would be lovely to meet ya'll.

Many congratulations Juvy, you must now be feeling sooo excited! I wish you a safe and comfortable trip to the UK and I hope that the weather isn't too bad when you arrive since it's getting colder again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie1958 View Post
    Many congratulations Juvy, you must now be feeling sooo excited! I wish you a safe and comfortable trip to the UK and I hope that the weather isn't too bad when you arrive since it's getting colder again.
    Thanks Rosie. I hope the weather won't be too bad too.
    And yes I'm sooooooo excited

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by juvyjones28 View Post
    Thanks Rosie. I hope the weather won't be too bad too.
    And yes I'm sooooooo excited
    Have a good journey. I believe we have seen the back of winter.

Banned
    I flew Etihad last June and enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    I flew Etihad last June and enjoyed it.
    Yes I flew with them too first time I went to UK, good service. We paid 520 last tuesday for one way and my hubby said It is actually cheap for holy week.

Banned
    Yes I flew with them too first time I went to UK, good service. We paid 520 last tuesday for one way and my hubby said It is actually cheap for holy week.
    Yes. You are lucky as you are flying to Heathrow (or is it Gatwick). It was more expensive for me in Manchester and then I had the hop to the Isle of Man which is extra again.

Yes. You are lucky as you are flying to Heathrow (or is it Gatwick). It was more expensive for me in Manchester and then I had the hop to the Isle of Man which is extra again.
    Yikes you must have paid alot for another couple of airfare plus your wifey's ticket from Phil. Yes we're lucky , I'm flying to Heathrow.

Congrtulions!!! I pray ill hav our same happiness vey oo

Quote Originally Posted by Stevi View Post
    Congrtulions!!! I pray ill hav our same happiness vey oo
    Thanks Stevi, Best of luck with your visa application, soon you will be getting the good news for sure

Awww Thanks Grace, will definitely see ya soon.

Cheers Graham, cexssy, derbyprincess, CAT, maricel & chieldave if you want me to post the copy of my husband's sponsorship letter just let me know. It's quite long though

Doc Alan, Salamat for your kind words. I do appreciate all of your informative posts too, Ingat palagi.

Wow!that's kind of you juvyjones,,yes if you don't mind to post your husband's letter I will really appreaciate it,and surely others would be glad as well...just to have additional guidelines not to copy paste of it really,hehe.........advance lots of maraming salamat,will wait for it.....ingatz din always
    be positive,everything is gonna be ok

Quote Originally Posted by chieldave View Post
    Wow!that's kind of you juvyjones,,yes if you don't mind to post your husband's letter I will really appreaciate it,and surely others would be glad as well...just to have additional guidelines not to copy paste of it really,hehe.........advance lots of maraming salamat,will wait for it.....ingatz din always
    Ok Chieldave, my husband has just agreed to post his supporting letter on here. I hope this would somehow help those applying for their visas in the near future. But its gonna be a loooong read.

Visa Section,
    British Embassy,
    Manila,
    The Philippines.

3rd February, 2012.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re. Visa Application for Mrs Juvilyn Jones

I am writing in support of my wife’s settlement visa application. I hope this will give you additional information that will enable you to approve her request.

I first met Juvy online in a discussion forum in December 2007 and we started chatting regularly from that point on. Our relationship developed steadily until I flew over to Manila in October 2008 to meet her face to face. We spent two weeks together, during which time I met her family and celebrated her birthday together. During this period I invited her to spend some time with my family in the UK. She accepted and applied successfully for a tourist visa. In May 2009 I visited her a second time in Manila and we spent two weeks together before we both returned to the UK in early June. We lived together for five months, during which time she met my mother, who is in her mid 80’s and suffers from dementia. Juvy helped care for her and they became great friends. It was during this time that we became engaged. Juvy flew back to Manila just before the expiry of her visa in October 2009. Initially we planned to get married in the UK in early 2010. Juvy applied for a student visa to enable her to study at a local college but sadly her application was declined. We therefore decided to marry in the Philippines instead, but my mother’s health was causing me grave concern and I felt that I could not leave her alone for the three weeks necessary to get married abroad. Juvy was also concerned and wanted to return to the UK to care for her again, so she applied for a tourist visa in March 2010 but sadly this was declined. Unfortunately, my mother’s health deteriorated to the point where it was necessary to admit her to a nursing home at the end of 2010. But at least it gave me the opportunity to start planning my wedding. However, Juvy’s family belong to a church which does not allow its members to marry non-members. Her mother objected to our plan to hold a civil ceremony and insisted that I be baptised into their religion so that we could marry in their church. It takes a minimum of six months to pass the baptism requirements and after starting at the beginning of March 2011, I was baptised at the end of August. We were then free to marry and I travelled over to the Philippines in October for three weeks to wed and go away on honeymoon. Finally I returned to the UK and have been assisting Juvy with this application.

My mother was moved to a nursing home in xxxx so that my sister could provide additional support and companionship, as she lives nearby and does not work. Since my mother sold her house in xxx before moving to xxxx, I moved into rented accommodation (please see the attached tenancy agreement and letter from the letting agency). The house is large enough to accommodate both Juvy and I for the foreseeable future.

I am currently employed on a permanent basis as an IT Project Manager at the xxxx in central London (please see attached employment contract). I joined as a contractor in xxx and took up a permanent position there in xxxx. I believe I am in a strong position to ride out the current economic storm due both to my relatively secure role at the xxxx, and also due to my knowledge and experience in the field of IT project management and software development that would make it relatively straightforward to find another job should I lose my current one. Although I earn approximately xxxx. which is enough to support both my wife and I (please see attached payslips and bank statements), Juvy has made it clear to me that she wants to find a job on arrival in the UK to help support us and boost our financial situation still further. Please note that I currently support my wife while she is living in the Philippines by sending her cash each month, usually between xxx and xxx and sometimes more (please see the attached Western Union payment receipts as proof). Obviously, when she joins me in the UK I will no longer need to send her these amounts and can instead use the money to support us here. I am therefore confident that we will be financially independent without the need for public funds of any kind. When studying my bank statements, please take into consideration that the average balance is lower than usual from September onwards owing to the fact that during the period in question I was covering the exceptional costs of my extended trip to the Philippines and the wedding in October. Due to the significant expenditure at the time and the subsequent cost of Christmas following so soon afterwards, my bank balance has not yet recovered to its former level. But I am confident that it will within the next two or three months.

In conclusion, I would like to emphasise that Juvy and I have known each other for four years, most of which has been spent apart. Despite many problems that have prevented us from marrying until recently, our love and desire to be together has remained as strong as ever. We chat every day on the Internet using Skype and YM so that we can see as well as hear each other. On the few days that we are not able to chat we miss each other very much. This is why we feel so strongly that we want to spend the rest of our lives together. Once Juvy is settled in this country, we plan to start a family and use any inheritance from my mother’s estate to buy a home of our own. We intend to visit my relatives in the UK and Juvy’s family in the Philippines as regularly as our finances will allow. We would also like to travel together on holiday as much as possible, especially to Italy and other Mediterranean countries. Given our age difference, it is most likely that I will die long before my wife, so I intend to take out a life assurance policy so that she and any children are provided for after I have passed on.

I hope that this information is sufficient for you to come to a positive conclusion over my wife’s visa application. If you need me to provide any further documentation, please do not hesitate to ask.

Regards,

xxxx

Banned
    Given our age difference, it is most likely that I will die long before my wife, so I intend to take out a life assurance policy so that she and any children are provided for after I have passed on.

I didn't include this in my letter. However I am just about to take out such a policy now. Unfortunately they do get more expensive as one gets older.

BTW What as shame that your application for the course was declined - presumably that was for the visa....

BTW What as shame that your application for the course was declined - presumably that was for the visa....
    Yes, I have to admit we were not prepared when we submitted my student visa application, coz during that time we were missing each other badly and we just wanted to get together asap. My hubby as a sponsor explained that he is providing everything. But the ECO refused my application to the grounds that there was no sufficient funds to support myself and studies in UK. I didn't know at the time that a properties or savings under my name should be provided. We took the risk, But we regret it after learning that my application was refused. After that, I was refused again so that was very devastating. Nonetheless, we learned from the mistakes and luckily we got my spouse visa granted

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information