Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Theresa May 'planning new clampdown on immigration'

Home secretary Theresa May is planning a new crackdown on immigration designed to reduce the number of people who arrive in the UK on family visas, it has emerged.

the coalition government pledged to reduce annual net migration to less than 100,000 by the end of the parliament, but saw it rise to 250,000 in the 12 months to June 2011.

In a leaked letter seen by the Sunday Telegraph, Ms May outlined proposals that would help to cut the number of immigrants by around 15,000 a year and 'reduce the burdens on the taxpayer, promote integration and tackle abuse'.

Her plans include increasing the minimum income requirement for anyone wishing to bring a spouse, partner or dependent to the UK from outside the European Union from £13,700 to £25,700.

That figure could climb to up to £62,600 if they wanted children to join them in Britain.

Ms May also suggested the probationary period before spouses and partners can apply to live in the UK permanently should rise from two to five years.

The letter, which was sent to deputy prime minister Nick Clegg, talked of the need to 'differentiate between genuine and non-genuine relationships', which is an indication of a desire to crack down on sham marriages.

Liberal Democrats traditionally take a softer line on immigration than the Conservatives and it is not known what Mr Clegg's reaction to the proposals was.

The Home Office refused to comment on the matter.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/news/894150-t...#ixzz1q8CBRusw
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

this country cannot carry on the way it is being run,get out sooner the better, there will be nothing but the rich and the poor, and more poor pensioners when its time for many to retire, thats if you can afford to retire living here

if it's true £25,700 will cause many problems for many people, especially if you have step kids to
    i can see lawyers getting ready to challenge this in UK courts and the Courts of Criminal Rights.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

this gets worse..

In a leaked letter obtained by The Sunday Telegraph, Mrs May proposed almost doubling the minimum income requirement to £25,700 for anyone wanting to bring a spouse, partner or dependent into Britain from outside the European Union.

She is also suggesting a longer probationary period, from two to five years, before spouses and partners can apply to live permanently in Britain.

The moves, to take effect from June, were set out in a letter to Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg in his role as chairman of the Cabinet home affairs sub-committee.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...igration-curbs

Banned
    What I want to see is a "clampdown" and deportation of failed so called "asylum seekers" and all the maggots here illegally

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    What I want to see is a "clampdown" and deportation of failed so called "asylum seekers" and all the maggots here illegally
    human rights protect them, they dont protect Brits, crazy my stepson will need to earn £50k+ a year to bring his wife and 2 kids here

Brits are easy targets, European and Illegals are not so easy

Oh well it looks like taking Mrs MAY to the small claims court to get my wifes english test money back.

well thats me for getting my wife to be here i will never get that type of money philippines here i come better start packing now get some pige and chickens bought maybe a rice field too as am not going to be with her in this .... hole in near future

Respected Member
    Well I saw the writing on the wall and sold up lock,stock and barrel. i just feel sorry for the millions of decent,hard working people who have been betrayed by successive governments. To think that some of our forefathers fought in two world wars for the country,it is nothing less than betrayal

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    this country cannot carry on the way it is being run,get out sooner the better, there will be nothing but the rich and the poor, and more poor pensioners when its time for many to retire, thats if you can afford to retire living here
    Yes 3rd world rings a bell.

Trusted Member
    This is all very depressing.

Sham marriages could easily be sorted out by a simple interview and the application of common sense. In fact most of this immigration nonsense could be.

I think I'll just go and live out the few years I have left in the Philippines, now that REAL Brits are second-class citizens in what WAS our proud and independent country. They can send me the pittance of a pension I've earned by being an honest tax-paying citizen for 40 odd years, rather than having a litter of illegitimate kids, living off the state and robbing houses.

and yet you try to tell friends or other family members back in Phils that our lives in the UK are not as good as they think... and they laugh at you because they still think you are rich and have great lives!!! I beg to differ!!
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    and yet you try to tell friends or other family members back in Phils that our lives in the UK are not as good as they think... and they laugh at you because they still think you are rich and have great lives!!! I beg to differ!!
    Spot on Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    This is all very depressing.

Sham marriages could easily be sorted out by a simple interview and the application of common sense. In fact most of this immigration nonsense could be.

I think I'll just go and live out the few years I have left in the Philippines, now that REAL Brits are second-class citizens in what WAS our proud and independent country. They can send me the pittance of a pension I've earned by being an honest tax-paying citizen for 40 odd years, rather than having a litter of illegitimate kids, living off the state and robbing houses.
    Proud to be british? I dont think so. I have felt like that for a long time.

wha i am reading is getting worst for month to month, yes before when i was not involved with Emma i did not understand or to tell the truth if it did not bother me i was not intrested, but now what a mes this country is in, like its been said lets all live like many dont care bang out kids and dont work, i am o saying everyone is like tat, but look around you, there seems to be many more then you thought,most of our partners who come to this country do work, pay tax insurance and are a credit to there employes,this year another £1000 to keep emma here but the people from europe well its free again, i dont call myself europe, i call myself english and yes still proud too, but proud for my parents and the age we all are the young ones dont think its proud to be english i feel,

I'll be honest and admit that if this is genuine leaked communication, I'm shocked.

It looks like we'll have to be creative and find ways to use the EEA family permit route to our advantage.

You're right joe the lawyers are going to have a field day.

as again only the rich will be able to do what they want and the poor sod on minimue wages are told to off were not aloud to have a good life anymore

people say the most important thing here is the nhs, yes we all need health, but better living, sun on your back and ot to much stress, i hope,

i will never be able get a job that pays £480 a week thats what is amounts to

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    people say the most important thing here is the nhs, yes we all need health, but better living, sun on your back and ot to much stress, i hope,
    And it's true.................to an extent.
    But what will the NHS be like in 3years/5years/10years?
    No-one can say, but it's clear that the current funding model is not possible.
    Will it need some private intervention?
    Will there be restrictions or conditions.

At what age will 'policy' restrict allowable costly treatments?

Just food for thought?

Healthcare is important to us all, but how many really know the treatment the get in UK when you're 'old' (whatever that age is).

I have some recent experience and it doesn't make good reading.

This is shocking & worrying news

My Flors is due to apply for her ILR in october but it looks like we shall have to move to the Phils if these new rules are passed

But how do i explain & tell her that after 2 yrs here she has to move back to the Phils

What happens if a spouse has been here for 2 yrs but she is deported & has no home to go to or empoyment to go to back in the Phils in other words she has nothing back in the phils only a suitcase with what she arrives with..... What will the goverment do about this situation?

AN HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE

Trusted Member
    I don't think it will apply to those already here.

nhs, well soon we all will be taking out insurance to cover us for ill health, just like america and if you have not got insurance you will be entiled to free but it will be a means test, so england of the future will be, if you have savings , a house they all will come in handy for your old age just like a care home but not privatise, but being run by the goverment

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie c View Post

My Flors is due to apply for her ILR in october but it looks like we shall have to move to the Phils if these new rules are passed

But how do i explain & tell her that after 2 yrs here she has to move back to the Phils

What happens if a spouse has been here for 2 yrs but she is deported & has no home to go to or empoyment to go to back in the Phils in other words she has nothing back in the phils only a suitcase with what she arrives with..... What will the goverment do about this situation?
    Even if these leaks are accurate I can't see this being applied retrospectively

I hope not guys

How can the goverment expect working class people to be earning this sort of salary when most jobs available are just at the minium wage or slightly above.

The empoyers hold all the cards at the mo what with the current employment situation it's either take the job at the wage or bog off.

My hearty goes out to all those applying for fiance,spouse or dependant visa in the near future it certainly looks bleak

Quote Originally Posted by stevie c View Post

Worsed sinario is Steve is you will be working your ass off over here and be supporting your wife in the phils just like I will have to until we retire.

Who knows Andy it could be an early grave bofore then

There will be a way round it I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    There will be a way round it I hope.
    Don't hold your breath Andy not with this shower of s**t in office

My Mrs says always think positive . Sometimes its a challenge to do that.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information