Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    That is one of my wifes sayings but i always say there is nothing to be positive about

AN HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    There will be a way round it I hope.
    my stepson will need to be on £50k a year to get his wife and 2 kids here, and on £50k a year for the next 5yrs by the look of this 'leak' if it is true.

3yrs time he can apply to be a British citizen, if this does happen and the Cons are still in gov ( maybe labor will win the next election - who is going to vote for the libs now ? , maybe labour will scrap it)

I'm thinking the only way is for him to go to southern Ireland get a job after a few months, apply for a family permit for his wife and kids (cost nothing) stay there a few months and use the 'Surinder Singh' route to get him back to the UK with his misses.

family permit as a British citizen he has a virtual legal right for his wife and kids to join him and it cost virtually nothing.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

You cant just blame 1 government for this. Labour were too lenient and the tories would sell their own grandmother if they could. But either way we are the losers.

Trusted Member
    The 'usual suspects' from the Indian Sub-continent will not be affected by this because as usual, they will club together and come up with the usual cock and bull stories/fraudulant use of 'shared' property and family names etc etc to scam their way through the system as they have with mortgages and finance and every other aspect of life in this country that involves rules and laws.

You cant just blame 1 government for this. Labour were too lenient and the tories would sell their own grandmother if they could. But either way we are the losers.
    from one extreme to another, at least under labour you could bring your wife here, now under the tories many can't. yes you can blame the tories, it's the tories who are doing it, sure labour should have deported the illegals quicker, stopped visa abuse and dodgy colleges. but this is going too far, yet Europeans can bring their wife and kids and claims benefits freely and some here will be married to non europeans and they are paying taxes for these europeans and they cant bring their wife here
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

maybe we might be able to find something in human rights around this surely they cant just do this without some retubution

some one on drugs no job can marry anyone they want have as many kids they like get paid to sit on there ass al day have more rights than the one who want to have the choice to marry whoever they pick there is no such thing as fair justice in uk

Want a bet Hawk? We will just have to see. I think its best to get legal advice and see where we stand.

well lads and lasses, i cannot imagine my life without Emma, and i will do what ever it takes for us to have a good life, yes we lucky i have a good job and emma is working too, but if it came to it and emma was in the phils and the only way we could be together was for me to stay here and her there, then thats how it will be,

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    well lads and lasses, i cannot imagine my life without Emma, and i will do what ever it takes for us to have a good life, yes we lucky i have a good job and emma is working too, but if it came to it and emma was in the phils and the only way we could be together was for me to stay here and her there, then thats how it will be,
    What kind of marriage is that Steve? I understand what you mean but its ridiculous.

could be the only marriage what is avalible to many, i dont mean to offend anyone but my years before Emma came into my life was lonely and then we had over 2 years talking on the com then we meet and life is jut as wonderful then as it is now,if i did not have what i have now well maybe the next best thing is what i have said

Trusted Member
    Poor Mercedes seems to be having a crap time in Singapore...being treated as a bloody slave, just as I had anticipated.

They confiscated her mobile phone, no days off, and the poor little thing has to lift around this heavy old woman.

Only had about 3 brief Facebook messages since she's been gone there.

Your not offending anyone steve your just saying what comes from your heart.. In reality it could be different. Believe me I am married my wife is over there and I will admit I get lonely. Hoping that we will be together one day keeps me going,

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Poor Mercedes seems to be having a crap time in Singapore...being treated as a bloody slave, just as I had anticipated.

They confiscated her mobile phone, no days off, and the poor little thing has to lift around this heavy old woman.

Only had about 3 brief Facebook messages since she's been gone there.
    It must be hard for you mate.

Your not offending anyone steve your just saying what comes from your heart.. In reality it could be different. Believe me I am married my wife is over there and I will admit I get lonely. Hoping that we will be together one day keeps me going,
    yes i am lucky i know, and like you say it could be differant, you have to live with what you have, this site helps, it helped me

Trusted Member
    I'm sick as a dog, because when she asked me if she should 'put in her papers' for a job in Singapore, as we hadn't met at that time I just said 'yes', not wanting her to miss out on an opportunity.

If I'd realised they'd ship her out there so quickly (meanwhile holding her passport), I'd have said no, stay in the Phils at the job you already enjoy and I'll take care of you.

Again they have taken her passport until her contract is completed.

It's nothing more than slavery !

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    ...............Again they have taken her passport until her contract is completed....
    Is that legal?

Trusted Member
    Well, it's supposed to be an approved agency.

Sounds more like people trafficking to me.

By the time I'd met Mercedes the deed was done, as it were. The agency had her passport, booked her ticket (so they said) and she was committed to doing the 'training' and going.

just put this on terresa mays facebook page probly get arresed and on camarons as well equality you dont know the meaning weres my equality to have my wife come here from philippines and be told that i need to earn over £25000 just another abuse to my human rights to a familey life i should be able to have who ever i want as my wife

Trusted Member
    They're all a bunch of damned crooks.

The Tory party Treasurer has just had to resign because of the corrupt practices he was recorded suggesting....ie....buying influence.

How did you get that on there hawk?

Graham my heart goes outr to you & mercedes surely there must be someway of cancelling this contract due to no days off & taking of passport

just looked up her name and that came up

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie c View Post
    Graham my heart goes outr to you & mercedes surely there must be someway of cancelling this contract due to no days off & taking of passport
    Thanks mate.

Nothing I can do.

I'd already offered to 'buy her out' of going, but at the time she felt obliged to them and looked upon it as a new experience for her.

If Mercedes decides she wants out, then it will simply be a matter of money. It will be her decision, and I'll be happy to pay.

Well mate i can only sympathise with you & hope mercedes situation improves & knowing that if don't you will be there for her & will do everything to get her back home.

Trusted Member
    Thanks Stevie.

from Davies Khan (immigration adviser)

the Migration Advisory Committee (MAC), in their consultation report, conclude that a minimum income threshold of £25,700.00 pa would prevent 64% of spousal settlement visas succeeding. That by itself indicates that two thirds of the British working population is paid below the average.

Those married to foreigners who vote Tory might as well be turkeys voting for Christmas.

:UOTE=joebloggs;349202]from Davies Khan (immigration adviser)

the Migration Advisory Committee (MAC), in their consultation report, conclude that a minimum income threshold of £25,700.00 pa would prevent 64% of spousal settlement visas succeeding. That by itself indicates that two thirds of the British working population is paid below the average.

Those married to foreigners who vote Tory might as well be turkeys voting for Christmas.
    [/QUOTE]

Trusted Member
    KHAN ?

so 2/3rds of working pop is below the 25k average, this must be seen as unfair by uk and Euro courts.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information