Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bantayan Island

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie c View Post
    I don't doubt his commitment to the pils enviroment at all Lastlid.

He knows better than us so who am i to question his work....Only me thinking if farmed Turtles were released in to the sea it would surely help the population grow
    Maybe it would. But by that way of thinking we wouldn't have any farmed salmon in our supermarkets. In any case, no doubt anything farmed would never survive in the wild. Would it?

Thats true lastlid but i don't have a problem with anything farmed if it is not an endangered spieces...but as you say would they survive if they were released i honestly don't know...Saying that it has to be worth a try when it comes to endangered spieces...We must try everything possible to stop the endangered spieces becoming extinct imo

AN HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE

Banned
    Thats true lastlid but i don't have a problem with anything farmed if it is not an endangered spieces...but as you say would they survive if they were released i honestly don't know...Saying that it has to be worth a try when it comes to endangered spieces...We must try everything possible to stop the endangered spieces becoming extinct imo
    He would be the very first to agree with you. For my part I wont be buying farmed salmon again.

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    He would be the very first to agree with you. For my part I wont be buying farmed salmon again.
    Same here Lastlid i haven't for years

Banned
    Same here Lastlid i haven't for years
    The real problem, Steve is overfishng by whatever means. This man took on the dynamite fisherman head on. His colleague lost his life in the process....

Trusted Member
    Looks beautiful.

The female western tourists and their partners were probably just self-conscious at being so fat and ugly.

Ignore them. It's YOUR country.

The real problem, Steve is overfishng by whatever means. This man took on the dynamite fisherman head on. His colleague lost his life in the process....
    Quite right Lastlid & for that i admire the man

Banned
    "Bantayan Island, Philippines

Visit Bantayan Island, located northwest of Cebu, where life is slower and you can enjoy the peace and tranquility of the beautiful beaches. Until recently, foreigners did not frequent Bantanyan. Though the tourism industry is growing on the island it still retains a secluded feel. There are no large shopping malls, major hotel chains, movie theaters, etc. There are a handful of restaurants and bars in Santa Fe, though Bantanyan is definitely not the place to go if you’re looking for nightlife. Bantayan is a place for travelers looking for a tranquil getaway and hoping to spend most of their days lounging on the beach. The warmth and friendliness of the locals allows travelers to learn about day-to-day life on Bantayan, where locals farm and live simply in bamboo houses. The island is just 7 by 10 miles, and has crystal clear waters. Renting a scooter is a great way to explore the Bantayan."

http://www.globalbasecamps.com/blog/...southeast-asia

To be honest I spoke to the wife about maybe paying a visit to this place in may. It seems a bit of a long journey from cebu though.

Banned
    "The island can be reached via bus from Cebu City (via the North Bus Terminal near SM City Shopping Mall) then via ferry from Hagnaya Wharf in San Remigio, Cebu, or from Sagay in Negros Occidental. No commercial flights or overnight ferries are currently operating from Cebu City. It is possible to charter small private aircraft from Mactan-Cebu International Airport, to Bantayan Airport on Bantayan Island".. From wikipedia.

Andy. Mrs Lastlid went by car from Cebu then by boat from St Remegio

Banned
    http://www.sanremigiobeachclub.com.ph/

1. Air conditioned service Coaster
    - Php7, 000.00
    Hi-Ace Van (pick-up from Cebu City)
    - Php.4, 500.00
    2. Regular public bus service from Cebu City to San Remegio Beach Club 118 kms.(two to three hours drive).
    Fare: Php.120.00 /person (one-way)

Thanks for the info lastlid.. I will see how I feel when I get to mindanao

Quote Originally Posted by Merry View Post
    Hi everyone! I recently visited Bantayan Island and I would like to share some info about it with you.

We took a bus from the North Bus terminal in Cebu which was bound to Hagnaya. Luckily, we were able to ride on an aircon Ceres bus which costs us P150.00 each. It takes 3 hours travel from Cebu to Hagnaya port. When you reach Hagnaya port, you gotta buy a ticket for a ferry ride. Economy seats cost P170.00 while 1st class costs P185.00. It will take an hour and a half ferry ride before you reach Bantayan Island.

It is really so relaxing to stay in Bantayan Island. the sight of fine powderly white sand, crystal clear beach water and bright blue sky make you feel so refreshed and so blessed. The resort where we stayed is so calm and serene. I saw lots of foreigners staying there. Some of them were already there for months already. One thing I noticed though, they were not so friendly. I guess they felt kinda threatened of my brown skin, congeniality and curve hahaha!

Places to go and visit in Bantayan Island:

Virgin Island
    St.Peter and Paul Cathedral
    Mangrove forest
    Ogtong cave
    Bantayan town

I wish to add photos on here but I don't know how. I would appreciate it if anyone could teach me how. Thanks.

speaking of Bantayan Island
    have you bought some fresh good quality danggit (buwad) if so maybe i can have some..really fancy that right now

A place for everything, everything in its place.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Moy View Post
    speaking of Bantayan Island
    have you bought some fresh good quality danggit (buwad) if so maybe i can have some..really fancy that right now

Mrs Lastlid likes that......

Mrs Lastlid likes that......
    i bit Mrs Lastid AND me is similar
    A place for everything, everything in its place.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Moy View Post
    i bit Mrs Lastid AND me is similar
    Probably. She only likes Philippino food and authentic Philippino food at that. She loves dried fish....but unlike you and her mom, she cant cook too well....

Trusted Member
    My ex wasn't too bothered, once here in the UK.

In fact she soon became accomplished at English cooking, her Flapjacks and Toad in the Hole being particularly excellent.

Being bought lots of cookery books did help.

Probably. She only likes Philippino food and authentic Philippino food at that. She loves dried fish....but unlike you and mom, she cant cook too well....
    Laslid have you considered buying mrs Laslid some cookery books, My wife has learnt to cook very well from using these books

Banned
    Laslid have you considered buying mrs Laslid some cookery books, My wife has learnt to cook very well from using these books
    Actually Steve, she does use the internet.....particularly Panlasangpinoy.com. But it is a slow process...getting there slowly...

Actually Steve, she does use the internet.....particularly Panlasangpinoy.com. But it is a slow process...getting there slowly...
    Slowly but surely mate no harm in that

Banned
    What we seem to get from Cebu is dried Mango....and I love that.

dried mango yum yum yum, love it, love the green mango drink also but firts time iover did it, made me bad for a few days and made my poo orrible too, ups to much imfomation

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    dried mango yum yum yum, love it, love the green mango drink also but firts time iover did it, made me bad for a few days and made my poo orrible too, ups to much imfomation
    Me too. I really like green mango shakes. But I have a stronger stomach than you....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information