Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Alan View Post
    Graham, and all other members who have shown interest in this topic - thanks for responding .
    It's worth repeating that anyone thinking of dosing daily on aspirin should take advice from their own doctor first - I can't know everyone's individual circumstances. This applies to every member, but as a general rule be especially cautious under the age of 40 ( is it really necessary ? ) or over 65 ( when the risk of bleeding becomes more important ).

As for early cancer detection, I'll start another thread on that topic ( lung cancer update, Health Issues section ).
    And I would have thought the daily dosage being a significant question, also.

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    And I would have thought the daily dosage being a significant question, also.
    Almost certainly, no more than 75 mg daily will be recommended, for individuals who appear healthy at check up.

Just asking huh!
    So is aspirin any good for smokers in terms of future health?

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Just asking huh!
    So is aspirin any good for smokers in terms of future health?
    Not as good as stopping smoking. Long term use of aspirin in low dosage ( 75 mg daily ) is of benefit in established cardiovascular disease - smoking is a major risk factor for events such as heart attacks and strokes. One of smoking's effects is to increase " platelet stickiness " which aspirin counteracts.
    As for lung cancer, aspirin could reduce the chance of one of the three main subtypes ( glandular or " adenocarcinoma " ) in common with adenocarcinomas in other sites, such as large bowel.

Trusted Member
    75mg Aspirin tabs are on the shelf at Tesco now. 80p for a pack of 28.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    75mg Aspirin tabs are on the shelf at Tesco now. 80p for a pack of 28.
    nice one cheap too

are they dispersable ?

Trusted Member
    Erm don't think so.

Just really small tablets.

i get the dispersable ones to desolve in water, but i never do

i dont have problems throwing them down the hatch, i think i just get those out of habbit

Trusted Member
    These are only about a quarter of an inch across....though I appreciate that not everyone has as big a gob as me.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    These are only about a quarter of an inch across....though I appreciate that not everyone has as big a gob as me.
    same size i think

Thanks Doc

Last year mid 2011 on the construction site all of a sudden I felt dizzy and I found it hard to walk on my right leg.....no pain the right leg and right arm just wouldn't do what I wanted them to do......I was numb on right side of my mouth......As I am right handed I couldn't clean my teeth, write or type......

I thought I had a mild stroke.....Everything came back to normal after 4 days.....This was a wake up call for me.....Immediately changed my diet to fish and salad about 4-5times a week....hence I have lost 11kg for 91kg down to 80kg and feel great...I have also started swimming laps again at the aquatic centre here in Dumaguete.

Doc I have asked at the Pharmacy here do they sell Asprin....Answer never heard of it....Remember where you are.....Can asprin came under a different name? It might be sold here under a different name....Would of thought you could buy asprin world wide.

Any thoughts

Koala Mark

My blood pressure is 120 over 80 its never higher than 130 over 80

Trusted Member
    Aspirin should be readily available in Philippines and is usually known by that name or acetylsalicyclic acid .
    “ Overdose ? “ in the title refers to information, as well as amount of aspirin ( low dosage ) to be taken ! It’s worth repeating, although it’s cheap and readily available over the counter or on the internet, take advice from your own doctor first ! There ARE side effects – usually mild ( stomach ache, nausea, dizziness ) and a small but serious risk of internal bleeding.
    Part of the surprise with this aspirin research is the low cost of a drug which can treat so many ailments. Some experts are even calling it an “ essential nutrient “ rather than a drug. Its anti-cancer effect has been suspected for decades and the latest research does seem to confirm this. Two further points :-
    • Doctors have been / and are rightly cautious about aspirin because of its side effects.
    • There is big money for drug companies in making anti cancer drugs which may just prolong life for a few months. A very cheap drug which can reduce long term risk of cancer and its spread ( also ease pain, and benefit heart attack / stroke victims ) is an embarrassment to them, and good news to us ! Let’s hope more studies soon confirm that the benefits far outweigh the side effects.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information