Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Lightbulb Care facility in UK may soon recruit from PH

Cambridge-based firm owned by 2 Pinoys

Source:-
    http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/global-fi...oon-recruit-ph

Looks like a growing opportunity.

Good luck to those who seek opportunities.

Well done to the owners and good luck in their business. I'm confident they will ensure ethics play a major part in the business.

how does a business balance good care vs profit
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    how does a business balance good care vs profit
    joe, if you would understand how they ensure profit and cut costs at grass roots level you would cry!

It's still the case that those care homes who have a 'good reputation for care' will always be profitable.
    A carer who does a 'good' job, is genuinely a caring and kind person and who gets done what they get paid for is an asset that does not cost any more than those who are just looking for a way to get money. Those people who have no empathy with the residents and often abuse them. Those people who spend their time hiding in the staff toilets, outside smoking and generally doing nothing. Those people who help themselves to whatever takes their fancy. Including non-essential overtime.
    Pilfering is rife.

In short, secure good staff.

I can think of plenty of things that would improve both residential and community care (home care) at either equal or lower cost.
    But it needs owners and managers with morals and an ethical business approach.

Sorry, minor rant over.

promising good news, better to have genuine carers to care

Trusted Member
    Peter, I totally agree with you.

If I could be taken care of by a nice caring Filipina (with the usual Filipino values and personality) in my old age, I would be a very happy man.

Shame my Fiancee has just gone off to Singapore for two years to do just that job.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Peter, I totally agree with you.

If I could be taken care of by a nice caring Filipina (with the usual Filipino values and personality) in my old age, I would be a very happy man.

Shame my Fiancee has just gone off to Singapore for two years to do just that job.
    Just think of it as training
    No offence Graham, couldn't help it.

My wife's started to try and stop me doing different things. She'll never achieve success there.

before Emma came into my life , all i knew here was the care homes that try to look after the elderly but with less staff and more work, the care does go out of the window, some staff do there best and a lot more dont care at all, its all about profit i think, well since Emma is her and our plans to be together forever, my caring Em will look after me and i will look after Em, these are th only 2 people we both can rely on

Trusted Member
    Whenever private care homes come into a conversation, my mind is always taken back to the late 70s/early 80s when I remember how so many of the local entrepreneurs (car dealers, builders/property developer types ) decided to get into the latest money-making racket....CARE HOMES.

Before and after that many of the same people were making a killing on the DHSS bed and breakfast fiddle.

so true,

Are the phil carers which they are going to recruit going to reach that target of £35000 a year what the government is going to enforce? Maybe I am wrong?.

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    Are the phil carers which they are going to recruit going to reach that target of £35000 a year what the government is going to enforce? Maybe I am wrong?.
    no probably not, I think the gov will have a list of professions that will be excluded (unfair if you ask me ) and I'm sure care home workers and other jobs that Brits and Europeans don't want to do, will be on that list, so they can still get paid minimum pay.

Terpe i've seen some care homes that look like they are lunatic asylum from the 1950's but i've seen some that look nice, usually where the owner actually lives in the home.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

I hope they can stay here and make a go of it. Many of the patients I visit in the community say the phil hospital staff are the best.

Thread Information