Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unmarried Partner Visa Please enlighten me...

I applied for Unmarried Partner Visa last Feb 7, and it has been over 5 weeks yet no news from my visa.
    Now, I have a big confusion regarding Unmarried visa requirements does it really need to be living in one roof for 2 years? Because me and my partner started living in one roof last July 2009 and He needed to go to Brazil for work and I followed him for 2 occasions 2 weeks each stay and then again he went to work for good in uk and i stayed with him for 3 months yes our relationship continued we have proof of my travel my only question is if all my travels will be a proof that we have been in a relationship for over 2 years now since we are short of 3 months living in one roof would this affect out visa? Thanx so very much more power and will be waiting for your kind response

Trusted Member
    I think you need to be able to establish that the relationship was ongoing during absences by a partner (through work commitments), so it looks like you should be able to satisfy the ECO on that count, providing you have the evidence to show.

Thanx sooo much for your kind reply

Any more help? Any thoughts regarding my confusion?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevi View Post
    Any more help? Any thoughts regarding my confusion?
    There's normally no issues from UKBA with periods apart from each other of up to six months provided it's for good reasons.
    UKBA state that work commitments are certainly considered as good reasons.

UKBA requires you to show clear evidence that the relationship continued during the period(s) apart. That might have included short visits or letters e-mails, phone calls etc.

I believe it is a strict 2yrs minimum, thou i know of some people who got one months short of the 2yrs, I think much of it might depend on the discretion of the case worker
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Wow!,, I have been wanting to hear from you sir personally!,,,, thank yuo so much

Thanx so much sir

Sir Terpe thank yuo

How can I post my photo here sir? Am having hard time

Sir!

Trusted Member
    I think you need minimum 15 posts ?

Start posting some replies and comments and you'll soon be there.

Sir Terpe,
    How are you today? I can see that yuo are one of the most famous personality in this foam and I am just one of those many people who is very thankful of your free advice just soooo glad there is something like this it makes us feel somehow relax because most of the questions were really answered .

Here is my story...Unmarried Partner

Me and my partner starting living together in one roof last July 26th 2009 my partner is not legally separated but has been separated for over 2 years now with his ex wife. I am annulled I am taking my 2 kids with me as my dependent my children's family name was with their father but we were never married but my problem is with their birth certificate, it was stated there that we were married we did this only for the reason that we wanted to put our children in an exclusive school and if parents were not married they will not be admitted for that reason we stated that we were married.

Now Sir Terpe, my question is will this affect our settlement application? With the documents I submitted, I did include our local municipal registrar that prove that the marriage that was stated in their birth certificate has no record in the municipal I also got a NO MARRIAGE RECORD at the NSO to prove that me and my ex has no marriage record and also I indicated in their application form about this particular matter. Sir? Do you think this will affect our application? Despite of all our evidence? Evidence from the municipal where the marriage never existed and no record and of course at NSO evidence of no record for marriage.

This concern me and put me awake till early in the morning... We submitted

our documents last Feb 7 and we have not heard anything yet except visa
    still processing.

Hope to hear from all of you
    Grateful,
    Stevi

Sir!

Thanx Graham

I am annulled I am taking my 2 kids with me as my dependent my children's family name was with their father but we were never married but my problem is with their birth certificate, it was stated there that we were married we did this only for the reason that we wanted to put our children in an exclusive school and if parents were not married they will not be admitted for that reason we stated that we were married.
    you say your annulled but never married their father? have you been married to someone else then

have you , or are you going to tell the embassy about the problem with their birth certs?

my 2 cents, i think you should seek legal advice in the phils if you can sort their birth certs out, because if you submit a birth cert that you knowingly contains false information it could effect any visa apps you make now and in the future for them.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

I note you've reported a post to the Mods, Stevi ... any reason(s) for doing so?

Oh no!,,, I know I made a mistake sorry... It was not suppose to be send there..I apologize sir

Yes I was married with someone else and already been annulled. With the birth certificate of my children, I indicated in their application that with their birth certificate it was indicated that I was married with my ex I clearly clarified this in their application and submitted proof from the municipal where the marriage was stated that there is no such record and at the NSo that my ex and I were never been married

Hello Sir Arthur,
    Hope your at the best of health. I got a question before I applied for Unmarried partner, I was given a multiple tourist visa so far I have already used my 3 months stay in uk my question is what if we don't get a visa? Can I still use my old tourist visa? Will the refusal of the settlement visa will not affect my remaining tourist visa? And if we appeal, can I travel back to uk using my passport of course is this allowed?

Hello everyone!
    I just received an email from UKBA saying that "YOUR VISA WILL BE DESPATCHED SHORTLY"
    Does this mean that we got the visa? I mean how about the people who were being denied aren't they receiving the same note? Visa or no visa do you get the same saying "YOUR VISA WILL BE DESPATCHED SHORTLY.? We applied for unmarried partner and my 2 dependent children our papers were bit complicated but i promise once i get to get my visa i will share my experience and how i made our applications. Can anyone tell me what it means by visa despatched shortly is that 100% granted visa?

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Congrats Stevi! That means you've been granted a visa!
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Hello everyone!
    I just received an email from UKBA saying that "YOUR VISA WILL BE DESPATCHED SHORTLY"
    Does this mean that we got the visa? I mean how about the people who were being denied aren't they receiving the same note? Visa or no visa do you get the same saying "YOUR VISA WILL BE DESPATCHED SHORTLY.? We applied for unmarried partner and my 2 dependent children our papers were bit complicated but i promise once i get to get my visa i will share my experience and how i made our applications. Can anyone tell me what it means by visa despatched shortly is that 100% granted visa?
    I guess technically you can't be 100% sure until you hold it in your hand. But....
    when you get that specific message it's a pretty good bet and time for celebration.
    I've never heard of anyone getting that message and discovering a refusal sooooo
    a big well done and congratulations

Congratulations Stevi im soooo happy for you

AN HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE

thanx so verry much then iwill share my complicated documents and how i was abke to make it... Soo. As i get thT great result!,,, God Speed

Stevi C!! salamat in advance cant sleep nga its already almost 2:00 am need to go to embassy at 1:00 pm tommorow to pick up our passport and dox

If only all the people on this earth are like the people in this forum this world will be a better place to live its like being in paradise where all help each other with the best effort tbey can this forum and all the people here are just simply amazing!,,,,mabuhay!

Thanx Reynaputi what an intresting beautiful name

Trusted Member
    Congratulations to you and your family.

Hello Grayham thanx sooooo

Trusted Member
    Walang anuman.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information