Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

Fiancee Visa application questions

Hi.

We would appreciate your help in completing the online Fiancee Visa forms.

Firstly, to get a Fiancee Visa, which categories should we select on the initial page? We plan to marry once she is in the UK. Do we select the 'Settlement' options, and then 'Marriage'? Or 'Proposed civil partnership?

Then the form asks what date she will travel to the UK. We don't have a firm booking yet, but probably mid-late April onwards (whenever everything gets granted and sorted basically). Do we need to put a firm date, or can this just be a rough date?

- The form then asks "What is the main purpose of your visit to the UK' Is 'live with my Fiancee and get married' the right answer?

- Also, I have the PDF Sponsor form. Will they accept me only submitting utility bills, government documents (tax letter), Council letter? My mortgage still has my ex's name on it (trying to sell the house right now). The title deeds are with the building society.

- Who signs part 2/page 2 of the sponsor form? Do we just send it back for them to sign?

Thank you for any help you can give.

Hi Trefor.

Your fiancee's visa category will fall on Settlement then marriage.

Yes you do need to put a rough date coz on the form they ask for DD/MM/YYYY she intend to travel. You can put out any date, e.i. a month from the date of application.

Yes her main purpose is To get married and live with you permanently in the UK. Please try to be precise and concise with your answer coz the characters are limited.

I assume your talking about the Sponsorship undertaking form (SU07)? If so, this form is not necessary for fiancee visa application. It is only applicable for applicant applying as a dependant relative of someone settled in the UK.

Hope this helps.

Juvy

Trefor,

That VAF4A can be a little confusing. It's one of those 'one-size-fits-all' generic settlement forms.

If you wanted to print it out as a hard copy help Here is an example of the application form

and

here is an example of the guidance notes

I have not worked with the online form so it may be organised slightly differently, but based on the example paper form:-

Yes, the category for you is settlement

As the fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of someone settled, or going to settle, in the UK

Just enter the earliest date of travel that you have in mind. It cannot be a firm booking at this stage until the visa is granted and becomes valid.

May I suggest you take some time to review this thread How To Apply For A Fiance(e) Visa

I'm sure it will provide you with some valuable detailed information in addition to the key webpages of UKBA

Hopefully you will find the answers to your questions, especially those concerning sponsorship which are of the utmost importance so please do not skip that information. You will need to prepare yourselves in providing significant supporting evidence to demonstrate compliance with immigration requirements.
    I also strongly suggest you takie some extra time to prepare and submit the best supporting letter you can.

Please do stay in touch here and be sure to get clarification on anything you're not 100% sure on.

Good preparation is the key to achieving the outcome you want.

Happy reading.

Respected Member
    Thank you for the info everyone. Looks like we're on the right track.

I'll read the info/link above.

T/.

Respected Member
    I have been gathering lots of evidence, all looking good.

Questions:
    - Do I need a document stating I am not married? (Rose is getting one from the Philippines).

- My mortgage is in joint names with my ex girlfriend (house currently for sale). Naturally we are not together any more. So any letter from The Halifax will include her name. If I add a covering letter explaining the situation and why it shows both names this will be accepted? The Border Agency will have no doubt I can look after Rose financially, I have a good professional job, earn good money, have good savings etc.

Thank you for your help everyone!

T/.

Thread Information