Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Visa approved (fiance visa) and CFO done (CEBU) :D

I just want to say THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH TO THIS FORUM WHO HELPED ME A LOT REGARDING FIANCE VISA APPLICATION! Especially to all the moderators, respected members, members and newbie.. Thank you so much guys!

Me and my fiance Adam are so happy to the news I got "your visa will be dispatched shortly" (2nd of March, 2012)
    and I finally received my documents and passport with visa safe delivered at home last 7th of March 2012.

I just want to share here on what are the documents we gathered to make my fiance visa successful

-Form VAF4A (Settlement Application)
    -English Certificate/Result (MAKE SURE TO TAKE THE EXAM IN AN APPROVED CENTRE AND TEST PROVIDER PLEASE)
    -My Two colour visa photographs
    -Application Fee of (PHP 58, 320.00) you can pay it through the UNION Bank and don't forget to bring a photocopied passport (front portion with your picture)
    I'm not sure if that is still the right fee in a settlement visa. please check their website for u to be guided.
    -Confirmation of our wedding: Adam emailed the registry office in his city and asked if we can booked our wedding but They said that I need to be in England for 9 days before we can booked. (we included that email)
    -I made 2 wedding invitation for the ECO to believe that our wedding will really happen once I'm in England.
    -I didn't include my CENOMAR. (it's too late for me to know about it) BUT PLEASE GET YOUR CENOMAR FOR SAFETY REASON! (you can get this in the NSO -it will be released after 5 days.

-SPONSORS DOCUMENTS-
    1. British Passport of Adam (Photocopied and being certified by Solicitor)
    2. Photocopy of Stamped visa pages from his trips to the Philippines.
    3. Original birth certificate of Adam
    4. His letter of intention to sponsor me. (It was up to 4 pages of bond paper, he wrote where we met, our plans in the future, plans for the wedding, or mainly our love story). If you want to have a sample. feel free to ask or just let me know

-APPLICANT'S DOCUMENTS-
    1. My passport
    2. My NSO birth certificate with receipt.
    3. I mentioned it above (Proofs that I passed the mandatory English Test)
    4. My personal affidavit (our love story)
    5. I included my TOR and College Diploma (for the ECO to know that I am capable to work.)

-ACCOMMODATION OF SUPPORT DOCUMENTS-
    1. Since I will live together with Adam's Family. and His dad agreed to be my co-sponsor. Adam's Dad wrote an accommodation support letter. (let me know if you want a sample, I will give it to you

2.Land Registry Title Deed
    3.Mortgage statements
    4.Property inspection report
    5.Photos of their property (rooms, dining room, kitchen, bathroom, etc.)
    6.Recent Utility bills and Council Tax Bill
    7. Government-issued photo id of Adam's Dad

-FINANCIAL SUPPORT DOCUMENTS-
    When we applied for my fiance visa Adam only have 3 months bank statements and 3 months payslips so we decided to include Dad's because he is our co-sponsor anyway
    1. Adam's dad wrote a financial support letter. (let me know if u want a sample)
    2. Employment verification letter of Adam and His Dad (to confirm that they are really working)
    3. Form P60 of Adam's Dad
    4. 6 months month bank statements of dad and 3 months of Adam
    5. 6 months wage slips of dad and 3 months of Adam
    6.proof of savings: seriously I was worried because Adam's savings was only 300 pounds and his dad got no savings because of expenses at home. (But Thank God it went okay and savings is not that important as long as your sponsor have a work and will not use public funds)

-ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE-
    1. Our pictures together (I passed 25 pictures. Adam together with me, family, friends and relatives in the pics)
    2. Sworn affidavits from Adam's family (we used Mum and Dad of Adam to write something about our love) with proof of IDs
    3. Travel Itineraries and Tickets of Adam
    4. Scree shots
    5. Chat logs
    6. emails
    7. Adam's love letter

PS: I photocopied everything and separated the original docs and photocopied docs using folder with plastic envelope.

I hope this would help you guys

-MY CFO EXPERIENCED YESTERDAY 8th of March 2012 (CEBU)-

The complete address:
    St. Mary Euphrasia Foundation-Center for Overseas Workers
    Tel Number: 032-2353745/2353746
    Address: 3rd Floor Aya-ay Arcade General Maxilom Ave. (Mango Ave.) Cebu City
    Landmark: Across USC Boy's HighSchool

The Documents that I brought with me:
    -My passport with Visa (Photocopy of my passport(front) and visa)
    -My CENOMAR (I don't have cenomar when i lodged my docs but while I'm waiting for my visa I got my Cenomar in the NSO)
    -My Birth certificate original and 1 photocopy
    -Adam's Birth certificate original and 1 photocopy
    -Adam's photocopied passport (front)
    -Bring 1 Valid ID
    -Bring pictures of you together (3 is enough but its up to you
    -Payment of 250 pesos for the seminar.

*Reminders:
    -Make sure you know the maiden name of your fiance/spousal's mum.
    -Make sure you know the address of his work and contact number.
    -Make sure you know your fiance/spousal's home address and contact number.
    -Make sure to be there at the centre like 7am (it is a first come first serve basis)

-Morning Session-
    -as soon as you arrive at the centre, you will get a number hanging on the door
    -They will call your number and submit to them the requirements and the Php 250.00
    -You will fill up all the questions in the forms.
    -They will call u back for u to pass the form and they check it if you lack something or not.
    -If everything is done, you will go to the other room because 1 staff there will conduct a seminar. It will end 11:30am to 12nn. It depends to the one conducted the seminar.

-AFTERNOON SESSION-
    -Resumed at 1pm and it will be the start of the ONE on ONE counseling. (it will take 25-30mins per person and they will based it in your number, so u need to go there early like 7am)
    -after counseling they will give you a blue cert.
    - you will sign the log book

-and you will proceed to CFO near DFA CEBU before here is the address
    http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?opti...345&Itemid=843
    you will give the blue certificate and they will ask you to fill up another form. Give your passport to them and u will pay Php400.00 for the certificate payment. They will staple ur cert in your passport and give u the sticker after

DONEEEE

Thank you so much for reading God bless us all..
    ADAMGRACE

This is something to lighten us all up. Congratulations to you both and best wishes in advance

Hi Grace, before anything else, CONGRATULATIONS! You two seem like a very nice couple, and I'm glad things worked out for guys. Thanks for the information you posted, it will certainly be very helpful to those in the same boat as you.

Oh and you mentioned that we could ask for the sample of your letter? It would be great to see a sample so I would know what my fiance would need to write down, and of course learn about your beautiful love story.

I'm still a newbie so I don't know how I can contact you or how you can contact me. Any suggestions?

Lee

Many cogratulations and good luck

congratulations, its great to hear good news

congratz also to u grace !!!!

congrats again sis!

congrats sis! can i have a sample of your letter heres my ym xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. pls add me. thanks

email address removed. It's not recommended to publish private e-mail details on an open forum. Terpe

Quote Originally Posted by iamghee View Post
    This is something to lighten us all up. Congratulations to you both and best wishes in advance
    Thank you so much iamghee
    It's always good to help, I'm done with mine so it's time to share my blessings to others Take care always xx
    ADAMGRACE

Quote Originally Posted by fluentlee View Post
    Hi Grace, before anything else, CONGRATULATIONS! You two seem like a very nice couple, and I'm glad things worked out for guys. Thanks for the information you posted, it will certainly be very helpful to those in the same boat as you.

Oh and you mentioned that we could ask for the sample of your letter? It would be great to see a sample so I would know what my fiance would need to write down, and of course learn about your beautiful love story.

I'm still a newbie so I don't know how I can contact you or how you can contact me. Any suggestions?

Lee
    Hello fluentlee,

Thank you so much for all the sweet words Yes, you can email me here xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (idk if im allowed to post an email here) but feel free to ask me...

I'll wait for you

email address removed. It's not recommended to publish private email address on a public forum. Terpe
    Last edited by Terpe; 9th March 2012 at 08:38. Reason: email address removed
    ADAMGRACE

Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post
    Many cogratulations and good luck
    Hello Bigmarco,

Thank you so much! I hope you can sort out things soon with your wife's visa app. don't lose hope
    ADAMGRACE

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    congratulations, its great to hear good news
    Thank you so much Imagine
    ADAMGRACE

Quote Originally Posted by lykayu01 View Post
    congratz also to u grace !!!!
    Hi lyka!

Maraming Salamat! I hope you can hear good news ASAP Lyka! so you can see your hubby again xxx
    ADAMGRACE

Quote Originally Posted by juvyjones28 View Post
    congrats again sis!
    Hello sis!

Thank you so much sis! I can't wait for you get a good news as well ASAP i hope xx
    ADAMGRACE

Quote Originally Posted by rhema24 View Post
    congrats sis! can i have a sample of your letter heres my ym xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. pls add me. thanks
    What kind of letter do you want sis? ok copy! I will email you later Thank you sis! xx
    ADAMGRACE

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    hi grace, I'm also planning to apply as fiance visa, Is my Transcript of Records ok to be my document for english certificate or do I need to take IELTS. I have English subject in my TOR. Thanks

Congratulations Grace and Adam....this post will be a great help...good luck to both of you...

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    hi grace, I'm also planning to apply as fiance visa, Is my Transcript of Records ok to be my document for english certificate or do I need to take IELTS. I have English subject in my TOR. Thanks
    , You have to take TOEIC and pass the A1 level requirement using an approved test provider. You are exempted from the English requirement if you had a degree taught in English.

Well done and congratulations
    Now you can celebrate

Banned
    , You have to take TOEIC and pass the A1 level requirement using an approved test provider. You are exempted from the English requirement if you had a degree taught in English.
    My wife has a degree taught entirely in English but wasn't exempt as UKNARIC doesnt recognise her degree. (University of Perpetual Help - Cavite). From what I gather, UKNARIC recognises only a handful of Philippine universities. And the UKBA go with UKNARIC. Daft eh, but unfortunately true.

Banned
    Such a relief eh Grace Adam. I know the feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    My wife has a degree taught entirely in English but wasn't exempt as UKNARIC doesnt recognise her degree. (University of Perpetual Help - Cavite). From what I gather, UKNARIC recognises only a handful of Philippine universities. And the UKBA go with UKNARIC. Daft eh, but unfortunately true.
    Yup I also had a degree taught in English at one of the state University in the Phils but wasn't exempted either.

Banned
    Yup I also had a degree taught in English at one of the state University in the Phils but wasn't exempted either.
    Was your degree in English and taught in English, by any chance?

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Congrats GraceAdam!
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Respected Member Eyes O'Donnell's Avatar
    Congratulations and good luck GraceAdam

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    Was your degree in English and taught in English, by any chance?
    My major was accounting (Polytechnic University of the Phils), like your wife I had a degree taught entirely in English. After I graduated, I took a short course, Finishing course for call center agent which I had certificate. But I think the UKNARIC excempt those with qualified degree taught in English.

Banned
    My major was accounting (Polytechnic University of the Phils), like your wife I had a degree taught entirely in English. After I graduated, I took a short course, Finishing course for call center agent which I had certificate. But I think the UKNARIC excempt those with qualified degree taught in English.
    For future applicants sake I hope they review this approach and take into account that many Filipinos are taught in the medium of English. My wife's nephew is 4 and he is taught in English at his nursery school.

Maybe need a quick conversion course to deal with the americanese

Quote Originally Posted by GraceAdam View Post
    I just want to say THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH TO THIS FORUM WHO HELPED ME A LOT REGARDING FIANCE VISA APPLICATION! Especially to all the moderators, respected members, members and newbie.. Thank you so much guys!

Me and my fiance Adam are so happy to the news I got "your visa will be dispatched shortly" (2nd of March, 2012)
    and I finally received my documents and passport with visa safe delivered at home last 7th of March 2012.
    Grace and Adam ... Congratulations!

Having previously emailed Adam - in relation to the "carry on" over English Language Test Certificates - I'm particularly pleased at the eventual outcome.

I would just like to express my gratitude for the considerable effort you've put into listing the myriad of *documents you supplied ... not only for the visa, but also all the *ones required by the CFO.

congratulations

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information