Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    That's not a bad these days, and Cathay is a pretty good airline.
    The HK route is quite a nice one imo. It's usually possible to find some good connection time.

It may be worth phoning around some of the Pinoy travel agents to check if they will better that price. Often they can and they can also secure an increased baggage allowance. Worth a try anyway.
    Yeah, the whole journey there is only 14 1/2 hours which is pretty good! A little longer on the way back at 16 1/2 hours. I'll check prices at other places before I book. Got a couple of recent Filipino UK newspapers, so will look in there too.

Quote Originally Posted by tanga View Post
    I don't think there's any easy solution to jet lag. It is at least 24 hour journey door to door from UK
    When you arrive no matter how tired you are fight to stay awake till evening then crash out.
    That should help your body clock to adjust
    It will be hot so expect temperatures of 34c from early morning. Dont walk around outside 12 to 2
    Do what Filipinos do,head for the mall and enjoy the free aircon
    Plenty of places around Edsa/Kamuning to rent if thats where you will be based
    If you are on a budget think twice about Boracay. Its not like it was but certainly is a place to go at least once.
    flights to Caticlan are getting dearer,Kalibo is often cheaper. You may find the flight back to Manila is 3 times
    the cost of your outward leg.
    June should be ok there,not over busy and mainly dry possibly the odd shower
    You may think you are in Seoul due to the hordes of Koreans and Korean signs everywhere.
    Plenty of other places to go,Subic as you mentioned. Baloy beach even or Iba Zambales
    a 3 hour trip from Manila and less hassle than flying (Palmera Garden Resort is my regular haunt)
    If you are in Tagaytay then its an easy trip down to the beaches of Batangas around
    Matabungkay/Lian and Nasugbu. Laiya beach is more remote and IMO the hotels cater more
    large family groups.
    Puerto Galera is ok and an easy trip out of town. Stay away from Sabang unless you like bars,discos
    packs of noisy Koreans and loud music thumping out at all hours. Filipinos tend to go to White Beach
    Enjoy

PS School holidays are April,May enrolment in June

Thanks for that! A lot of handy info there!

Do you already have a place to stay? I helped my fiance find a nice place to stay when he visited me for a month. It's an affordable hotel called GOHOTELS, and the earlier you book (online), the cheaper the rates.

The normal rate is P1,888 a day, but my fiance booked about 3 months earlier and the cost went down to P888 a day. The place is quite nice, and it's near the metro, and also next to a mall, so that makes it very convenient.

If you want more information, let me know, also, here's the website to the hotel.

http://gohotels.ph/

Hope this info helps!

Lee

Respected Member
    A friend of mine stayed here on an extended trip. Havent been my self so cant comment on the quality but you may find some interesting info here.
    The company have a range of properties on offer in various locations round QC

http://www.casatinaapartel.ph/index....on=com_pricing

Quote Originally Posted by South-east boy View Post
    Viva did mention Subic and we've also discussed Batangas as that is not too far away.

When are the school holidays there by the way?!
    School holidays starts in April and resume 1st week of June...If you r already in Tagaytay, why not try Balai Isabelle in Talisay Batangas.. Bring face towel, bottled drinking water,summer shorts and vests as u will always sweat..U will see rain also between May-June month.. And if u r planning to go to Manila? stay in Isabelle Garden Hotel i think price only abt P1,600 for overnight stay (15mins away) from Mall of Asia and NAIA airport.

Banned
    Yeah, the whole journey there is only 14 1/2 hours which is pretty good! A little longer on the way back at 16 1/2 hours. I'll check prices at other places before I book. Got a couple of recent Filipino UK newspapers, so will look in there too.
    Have you booked yet ? I'd expect these cheap deals to finish quickly as they usually only have a limited number of seats

Viva did mention Subic and we've also discussed Batangas as that is not too far away.

When are the school holidays there by the way?!
    HI Tim, very nice beaches in my hometown Batangas
    dont forget to get some slippers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

You can't beat going with Cathay and it looks like you got a good price.
    I can't comment too much about where to visit in the North because (as you know) I always go to Cebu and the Visayas.
    I worked with a Pakistani guy who went to Boracay every year and loved it but it is more expensive than other, less developed places.
    What to wear? I also take a pair of "travel pants" for the flight and whip the bottom of the legs off when about to land in the warmer countries. Take a couple of pairs of shorts and some T-shirts and short sleeved shirts. No doubt you will hit the malls and buy some souvenir T-shirts although the prices last November were far higher than when I first went to the Phils in 2004. Also if you go to a resort or touristy place you will be pestered constantly by T-shirt sellers and you'll probably buy a few.
    Take a decent pair of sandals with you. I found it hard buying larger sizes and quality in the Phils is variable.
    Jet lag might be a problem. I usually only get it coming home but last year I got it at both ends. Just be prepared to write off day one in the Phils for trying to sleep.You may struggle to sleep as you'll either be hot and sticky or cold due to the aircon, or kept awake by the noise of the aircon. The jet lag will prevent you from sleeping for the first couple of nights anyway.
    Make sure you have a number of bank/credit cards to use out there.You should be able to withdraw cash from Visa cash machines. Best to take some Pesos with you and if you do go into the provinces you may have to take enough cash for your entire stay.
    If you need any more advice, pop round and ask.

Trusted Member
    Good post.

Well, just booked it with Crystal travel. Flying with Cathay and got a 12.30 fly out time, which will arrive at 11.15am and fly back at 11am and arrive back at 8.30pm. Next best was £570 with the same times. Best prices & airlines I got were with Cathay, at £544, but it was flying out at 8.15pm, so I'd waste most of the day before and flying back at 6.20am which was pretty awkward and would have to be up well early! So think I got the best combination!

Banned
    Well, just booked it with Crystal travel. Flying with Cathay and got a 12.30 fly out time, which will arrive at 11.15am and fly back at 11am and arrive back at 8.30pm. Next best was £570 with the same times. Best prices & airlines I got were with Cathay, at £544, but it was flying out at 8.15pm, so I'd waste most of the day before and flying back at 6.20am which was pretty awkward and would have to be up well early! So think I got the best combination!
    Well done what did you pay ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Well done what did you pay ?
    Sorry, forgot to mention that! Was £558

Banned
    Sorry, forgot to mention that! Was £558
    Thats pretty good

The other best deal at £570 with Cathay and the better flight times was with Byahe Pinoy near Ilford on 0207 1834496. I got some quotes for over £800 with Cathay and the not such good airlines for £600 something. Also some of the stop-overs were very long which I didn't fancy!

Quote Originally Posted by Gavanddal View Post
    You can't beat going with Cathay and it looks like you got a good price.
    I can't comment too much about where to visit in the North because (as you know) I always go to Cebu and the Visayas.
    I worked with a Pakistani guy who went to Boracay every year and loved it but it is more expensive than other, less developed places.
    What to wear? I also take a pair of "travel pants" for the flight and whip the bottom of the legs off when about to land in the warmer countries. Take a couple of pairs of shorts and some T-shirts and short sleeved shirts. No doubt you will hit the malls and buy some souvenir T-shirts although the prices last November were far higher than when I first went to the Phils in 2004. Also if you go to a resort or touristy place you will be pestered constantly by T-shirt sellers and you'll probably buy a few.
    Take a decent pair of sandals with you. I found it hard buying larger sizes and quality in the Phils is variable.
    Jet lag might be a problem. I usually only get it coming home but last year I got it at both ends. Just be prepared to write off day one in the Phils for trying to sleep.You may struggle to sleep as you'll either be hot and sticky or cold due to the aircon, or kept awake by the noise of the aircon. The jet lag will prevent you from sleeping for the first couple of nights anyway.
    Make sure you have a number of bank/credit cards to use out there.You should be able to withdraw cash from Visa cash machines. Best to take some Pesos with you and if you do go into the provinces you may have to take enough cash for your entire stay.
    If you need any more advice, pop round and ask.
    Thanks Gavin, will probably pop round at some point!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information