Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

EEA Spouse Visa how long?

Hello I'm polish married with filipino on 11/3/2013 in the Philippines. We filed documents for EEA Spouse Visa 3 weeks ago. I wonder how long its gonna take to recieve it specially that 2 weeks ago we recieved sms that it's peak season and it might take longer... from 4/4/2013 it's in the BHC under the process @ tracking site. We are worying that visa's might be rejected. We havnt recieve any message from them for quiet long now. Any1 know how long it might take and what its mean 'under the process at BHC'. Thanks for your help... cheers

Quote Originally Posted by kusus View Post
    Hello I'm polish
    Sorry about that

Someone normal will be along to help you shortly
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Quote Originally Posted by kusus View Post
    Hello I'm polish married with filipino on 11/3/2013 in the Philippines. We filed documents for EEA Spouse Visa 3 weeks ago. I wonder how long its gonna take to recieve it specially that 2 weeks ago we recieved sms that it's peak season and it might take longer... from 4/4/2013 it's in the BHC under the process @ tracking site. We are worying that visa's might be rejected. We havnt recieve any message from them for quiet long now. Any1 know how long it might take and what its mean 'under the process at BHC'. Thanks for your help... cheers
    Hello kusus,

Am I right in suggesting you are a Polish Nation working and living here in UK?
    And that you are married to Filipino?
    And that the application filed is for EEA Family Permit?

"Under process at BHC" means under process at The British High Commission.

I would say that it means it's currently under process. Nothing more nothing less.

From a solely technical point it's rather unusual that you would receive that message using BHC

Just from a 'technical' interest perspective, A British High Commission is the name given to an 'Embassy' or Diplomatic representation in British Commonwealth Countries. The name British Embassy is used when that office function is within the capitol city of non-British Commonwealth countries.

Anyway, I guess it means you need to wait more. Usually an EEA Family Permit is decided pretty quickly. Probably 2-4 weeks
    However, if indeed it's peak time you could expect a little bit longer.

Perhaps the use of BHC was just an oversight, but again, just out of interest is there any reason you can think of as to why the file would have been sent outside of the Philippines?

Thread Information