Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Newbie here but with some news for those who are still waiting for their visas

Hi everyone!

I have been a member of this FRIENDLY and HELPFUL forum since November last year, but just been an avid reader and have not been able to introduce myself yet. I am so happy to know this site because it is a real mine field of data and knowledge with regards to visa thing.
    I am a Filipina engaged to a very loving British guy from Tewkesbury. Our story started year 2009 and he visited Philippines twice already. Soon we will lodge our application for Fiancee Visa. Looking forward for advices and help from the experts here.

To start with, I am now working with our proofs, one of which is our YM chats. I just wanted to know if it is possible to just staple our chats since some reached to about 60 pages just for a few hours of chatting.
    I believe we need to submit its full conversations since it is one of our getting to know-each-other chatting days. One option I have in mind though is just collate it by making it like a paper pad that is glued all together so that it will not be baggy and more organized too I think! As I heard though, VFS people will remove each staple wires and paper pins once they checked it. Am I right? Also, can I just print all the highlights of our chatting like talking about our plans, weddings etc. and no need to print anymore the full conversations perhaps? I need your advices please! Thank you in advance!

By the way, for those who are still waiting for their visas I have some news for you. A friend of mine who applied last January 19 for SPOUSE VISA just got an email surprisingly this morning (Saturday) at around 11am saying her visa will be despatched shortly etc…. So we hope to hear good news from all of you too soon! Goodluck!

Regards to all

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    you don't need to submit every chat messages you had..we sent our first few chats, some chats in the middle of our relationship, and some very recent ones..we also submitted screenshots of chat/call logs history showing consistency..so it's up to you which chats to print and submit, as long as it shows your genuine relationship.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Hi smileyangel, a warm welcome to the forum.

I have just recently lodged my spouse visa application and that ym conversation thingy was my problem too, but I managed to summarize all the conversations by printing some from the beginning, in the middle, wedding preparations and the recent when my hubby went back to UK. I submitted like 60-80 pages, It was just samples of our ym conversations. I also submitted skype screen shots. If you have more queries don't be shy to post

Wow almost 6 weeks of processing for your friend's visa. I hope its a good news. Many of us here are also waiting for the positive outcome of our application. Goodluck to your upcoming visa application and God bless!

Banned
    Just one example from each week is enough.

And as somone said, select the best examples i.e. none with swearing in or negatve remarks about the UKBA.

Trusted Member
    Welcome to the forum smileyangel, and good luck to you and your partner in securing your visa.

Can anyone tell me how I save Facebook messages, as my fiancee and I don't really use YM now ?

All i can think Graham is to copy and paste in to a word document.

You could do Prnt Scrn of your exchanged facebook messages and paste into a word document Graham. It will be wise to collect it every time you exchange messages and just choose the best ones later.

It is far better to use prnt scrn rather than just copy and paste it into a word pad.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Welcome to the forum smileyangel, and good luck to you and your partner in securing your visa.

Can anyone tell me how I save Facebook messages, as my fiancee and I don't really use YM now ?
    or you could use windows sniping tool, which takes a picture of your conversations 1 page at a time,its save as a png file

Trusted Member
    Thanks people...will give it a try.

Hi Smiley angel and welcome to our friendly forum

goodluck!!!!

Hello smileyangel, welcome to the forum.
    Glad to know you've started posting at last

Good luck with your application for spouse visa.

Hello and Welcome to the forum smileyangel
    Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by smileyangel View Post

I have been a member of this FRIENDLY and HELPFUL forum since November last year, but just been an avid reader and have not been able to introduce myself yet. I am so happy to know this site because it is a real mine field of data and knowledge with regards to visa thing.
    I am a Filipina engaged to a very loving British guy from Tewkesbury. Our story started year 2009 and he visited Philippines twice already. Soon we will lodge our application for Fiancee Visa. Looking forward for advices and help from the experts here.

I need your advices please! Thank you in advance!
    ... it's better late than never! , Smiley Angel ... you're well~named!

Respected Member Eyes O'Donnell's Avatar
    Hi smileyangel to the site and you will love this site it is a very friendly and helpful place to be Good luck!

Banned

I asked my wife about this one as she is a Facebook addict and she showed me and its like Imagine and Juvy and others have said. Perhaps not so easy as using YM. I found managing YM for the purposes of giving the ECO a log, quite easy, except for the missing date stamp, I recall (which turned out not to be an issue anyway. And we also submitted Skype logs which were also easy to manage and print.

My wife uses Facebook to chat most of the time now, except to her mom and nephew, when she uses Skype or YM because of the video link.

welcome to the forum as everybody says u dont need to print ALL of the chatlogs...done mine 1 every week...goodluck

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    My wife uses Facebook to chat most of the time now, except to her mom and nephew, when she uses Skype or YM because of the video link.
    I just noticed there is a video link option in Facebook but my Kitchen Boss says the Facebook video link doesn't work too well....

Trusted Member
    I haven't been able to get it to work.

Pity really....would be a useful addition.

Anyone had success with it ?

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    you don't need to submit every chat messages you had..we sent our first few chats, some chats in the middle of our relationship, and some very recent ones..we also submitted screenshots of chat/call logs history showing consistency..so it's up to you which chats to print and submit, as long as it shows your genuine relationship.
    Thanks Sir raynaputi
    We will also submit screenshots of call/chat/text logs with few samples too. I just had trouble summarizing our YM chats because we used to chat for long hours, can I just print our chats showing some important topics that can help with our supporting proofs so there's no need to print the full chats anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by juvyjones28 View Post
    Wow almost 6 weeks of processing for your friend's visa. I hope its a good news. Many of us here are also waiting for the positive outcome of our application. Goodluck to your upcoming visa application and God bless!
    Hi too! juvyjones
    Thanks for your warm welcome. I am sure it was a good news since it says the magic word "your visa". That is why I informed you guys who are still waiting so that you have something to expect probably this week too, who knows? But I am sure you will also have a positive outcome too! Goodluck too and God bless you more!

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    And as somone said, select the best examples i.e. none with swearing in or negatve remarks about the UKBA.
    Thanks lastlid!

Quote Originally Posted by toging View Post
    welcome to the forum as everybody says u dont need to print ALL of the chatlogs...done mine 1 every week...goodluck
    Thanks toging!

Thanks for welcoming me Graham! Just like what juvyjones said, I did the same although I paste it into paint instead so that I can edit it and just show our Facebook messages...so no more ads, pics or whatsoever........... it can also save you ink as well!

Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post
    Hi Smiley angel and welcome to our friendly forum
    Hello bigmarco! Thanks!!!

thanks lykayu, mickant and Eyes O' Donnell!

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Hello smileyangel, welcome to the forum.
    Glad to know you've started posting at last

Good luck with your application for spouse visa.
    Thanks sir Terpe and belated congratulations too as the new Moderator of this forum, you are indeed an angel in disguise for helping us about visa queries Keep it up sir!
    I will be applying for Fiancee Visa and not for spouse just for your info, although upon seeing your post about the difference of the two, we wish now to have chosen that instead as it is more easier for me i think, oh well it's too late to regret anyway, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... it's better late than never! , Smiley Angel ... you're well~named!
    Hi sir Arthur!
    Thanks for your warm welcome. My fiancé used to call me "angel" and he always makes me smile so I used to call him my smiley ...... that came up the name smileyangel

Trusted Member
    My fiancee calls me 'Mr' ......

Maybe we should be closer than that.

My fiancee calls me 'Mr' ......

Maybe we should be closer than that.
    I'd certainly have thought so, Graham ... mind you, Filipino/as do tend to treat their elders with the utmost respect.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information