Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: UK Visitor Visa

Newbie (Restricted Access)

UK Visitor Visa

Hi,
    Help please. My gf recently applied for a Visitors visa and today she got a txt message saying her documents had been "endorsed" and returned by courier. Does anyone know if endorsed means visa is granted? denied? or still pending.
    I have to pay for airline tickets on wed so its urgent

usually the UKBA-Manila Visa Hub will send an e-mail saying “your visa will be dispatched shortly” or "The decision on your visa application has been made, processed visa application has been dispatched to you via courier". They don't say if it is approved or denied, you won't know the result til you receive the passport.

If you supplied all relevant documents and a CLEAR reason for her to return before expiry of her visa then I'm sure it is granted Sadly as many here have said, Visitor visa is a lottery and quite hard to obtain these days. But nothing is impossible with HIM. Keep praying for the positive outcome. goodluck and Godbless!

Hello Robert I suggest not to buy her ticket without her passport in her hand,.usually the granted visa always said Your visa will be despatched shortly. Passports can normally be collected from the Visa Application Centre after 3 days. Applicants in Australia and New Zealand should allow 3 days before tracking their documents via the local post. . I don't want to say a negative since am not an Eco officer. wait till the passport is in her hand..God bless you..

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Craig View Post
    Hi,
    Help please. My gf recently applied for a Visitors visa and today she got a txt message saying her documents had been "endorsed" and returned by courier. Does anyone know if endorsed means visa is granted? denied? or still pending.
    I have to pay for airline tickets on wed so its urgent
    Hello Robert, welcome here to the forum.

What is the source of the email? Does it have @fco.gov.uk in the address?

Any communications from VFS are not specific and would not say visa approved etc because they just don't know the outcome and merely act as intermediary and the British Embassy will never tell them.

I would not suggest making any purchase of ticket until the passport is received and any visa restrictions are known.

hi all and thanks for the info.
    The info we got was not in the form of an email because we used the SMS txt message service which they tout and which you pay extra for but all seems a bit of a con as the txt tells you nothing and you still have to wait for the passport. I assume the message came from VFS

hi all and thanks for the info.
    The info we got was not in the form of an email because we used the SMS txt message service which they tout and which you pay extra for but all seems a bit of a con as the txt tells you nothing and you still have to wait for the passport. I assume the message came from VFS
    VFS have no idea if the visa has been approved or not. They only have information about the processing status.

Regardless, you would be well advised not to purchase any air tickets unless you can secure flight changes either free or low cost.

Good Morning ... and to the filipino/uk forum, Robert.

with my colleagues' advice to put off buying any air tickets until your documents have been returned.

an update and to thank for the replies.

Her application was denied on the grounds "lack of evidence" citing we did not proof a relationship and insufficent assets in Philippines. This was despite copies of 4 years worth of monthly Western Union transfers! Although she had visited me in Thailand which was shown in her pp their reasoning was that we did not show it was to visit me.
    We also made a mistake in not copying the pages of my pp showing my visits to Philippines but again they could say it was maybe not to visit her.
    Also another issue was no record of personalised phone records. In this day of instant messaging who using expensive phone calls.
    All in all an expensive and futile experience. Thanks to the ECO!

an update and to thank for the replies.

Her application was denied on the grounds "lack of evidence" citing we did not proof a relationship and insufficent assets in Philippines. This was despite copies of 4 years worth of monthly Western Union transfers! Although she had visited me in Thailand which was shown in her pp their reasoning was that we did not show it was to visit me.
    We also made a mistake in not copying the pages of my pp showing my visits to Philippines but again they could say it was maybe not to visit her.
    Also another issue was no record of personalised phone records. In this day of instant messaging who using expensive phone calls.
    All in all an expensive and futile experience. Thanks to the ECO!
    Hello Robert, Have a Good Day!

It's sad to hear the news that your GF is now refused, but you can try to apply again, and DO what is on the refusal letter. don't give up maybe in a second time, you be granted. I have something to share to you a thread. you can view this link. http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....ys.?highlight=

That link is a thread of my BF, He share our successful application a Visit Visa. you can read there all contents in the link which i posted, on how we made our application.

I think you need to do is change the mistake papers and do it right, and give more evidences. try look the contents, maybe you can read in the contents, that is not on your checklist. which more helpful for you.

Her application was denied on the grounds "lack of evidence" ... All in all an expensive and futile experience.
    Not necessarily ... it would've been an awful lot more expensive had you paid for a non-refundable air fare. Thankfully, you hadn't!

... I've often been mystified as to the reasons why some tourist visas are granted and others aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... I've often been mystified as to the reasons why some tourist visas are granted and others aren't.
    Having said that please take a look Ann's post ... which provides some useful tips, should you decide to reapply.

Quote Originally Posted by Ann1984 View Post

It's sad to hear the news that your GF is now refused, but you can try to apply again, and DO what is on the refusal letter. don't give up maybe in a second time, you be granted. I have something to share to you a thread. you can view this link. http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....ys.?highlight=

That link is a thread of my BF, He share our successful application a Visit Visa. you can read there all contents in the link which i posted, on how we made our application.

I think you need to do is change the mistake papers and do it right, and give more evidences. try look the contents, maybe you can read in the contents, that is not on your checklist. which more helpful for you.
    Thank you kindly, Ann ... for your words of encouragement to Robert.

Your welcome and Have a Good Day Arthur,

@ Robert - I submit also my WU receipts for 8 months, this is only i showing evidence to the ECO, i don't had any banks statement, etc., what i did for this? since i finished a commerce degree, i use accounting, i made a income statement WU as my income, which my BF is only one supporting me, so whenever the ECO, looking for this, they will clearly understand and not hassle to look all those receipts 1 by 1, and i covered my statement and attached with all receipts.

Eco was very happy when looking our application coz i organized with all papers and organize the dates and months all , like what i did on my contents. Anyway i remember, the details of my BF i made his finances and employment as an outline. please do check for this on the supporting guidance in visit visa.

Anyway Short term visit visa is a cheapest fees in all visas, try to reapply again soon, maybe next time you be granted see? don't give up. DO, what is on the refusal letter. and read on my contents. its very helpful tips for you.

Thread Information