Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Banned

Quezon City Ban on Plastic Bags

A sign that the environment is being given higher priority in the Philippines, a tightening up on the use of plastic bags with fines for violators:

http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/349027...s-plastic-bags

"Violators will be subject to a fine of P1,000 for first offense, P2,000 for the second and P5,000 and cancellation of business permit for the third."

yes true...even here in Antipolo City...using plastic bags is prohibited ...its time to get rid of it....flooding is all over now and plastics are one of the culprits....

Plastic bag is also prohibited in Muntinlupa City and other part of Manila, even in some area here in Cavite. I remember shopping at Star Mall alabang one rainy weekend, They use these thin paper bags, It was raining hard when I got out waiting for the taxi and the paper bag collapsed along with my groceries, It was embarrassing . I shoulda bring shopping bags with me.

On a serious note, Its a good start for having a clean and green environment (hopefully ) especially in Manila.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by juvyjones28 View Post
    Plastic bag is also prohibited in Muntinlupa City and other part of Manila, even in some area here in Cavite.
    Thats great. I presume you know you have an environmental "champion" or two in your own back yard of Cavite?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    yes true...even here in Antipolo City...using plastic bags is prohibited ...its time to get rid of it....flooding is all over now and plastics are one of the culprits....

Yep and the government and law enforcers need to eliminate / tie down the loggers both the legals and the illegals, to help anchor the soil and to help the soil retain more runoff water to reverse the adverse affects of heavy rainfall.

I think a chap has been appointed to try and enforce a logging ban, even going as far as using the army potentially....

"Upon his assumption last week, Hataman had imposed a total log ban in his region after assessment showed that illegal logging have contributed to the deadly flash floods that hit Ili.gan City when typhoon “Sendong” struck the country."

maybe illegal logging will not be control ......as long the politician are serious enough to implement the rules....they are the one who is doing an illegal acts together with their siblings (kamag-anak) ...they considered as the cancer of the society here in the Philippines....they are presumed that they are concern but the fact is ...they are the one who violate the law that they are implementing.....I know some politicians that are really corrupt...its all over the Philippines actually....so maybe Philippines will not be consider as one of the progressive country even in the near future....sad to say....

Banned
    I wont pretend to be familiar with what you are saying Marie, but I do hear you. I sincerely hope that the corruption that you speak of doesn't apply to absolutely all those in powerful positions and that something positive gets done about the logging, as the way I see it there isn't going to be any forest left in the Philippines in the not too distant future, if something isn't done right away.

There is a Philippino amongst you that successfully took the government to court recently, on environmental issues and won his case.

Thread Information