Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Lardy Taxi Ban

Banned

Lardy Taxi Ban

A 33-STONE mum claims she was BANNED from a taxi for being so fat she could cause a crash.

Sara Aginas, 43, says a cabbie told her she might crush his handbrake and gearstick.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-33-stone.html

Banned
    Sarah Angina?

My wife was telling me, just a few days ago, that in the Philippines, Jeepney drivers can and do refuse larger people or ask them to pay double as they take up more space than others who are slimmer.

Is this correct? I am sure she is right but it sounds amazing.

I am just over 6ft and am 14 stone so I am quite large overall, however I never rode a Jeepney as we hired a van and driver for our transportation.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    Sarah Angina?

My wife was telling me, just a few days ago, that in the Philippines, Jeepney drivers can and do refuse larger people or ask them to pay double as they take up more space than others who are slimmer.

I am just over 6ft and am 14 stone so I am quite large overall, however I never rode a Jeepney as we hired a van and driver for our transportation.
    Without sounding fatophobic I can see where the Jeepner drivers are coming from - space = fares. I doubt if Tesco's would ever contemplate doing deals for big eaters

Hopefully Les will see this thread and give us the industry point of view

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    ...... I can see where the Jeepner drivers are coming from - space = fares.
    So I guess you confirm that Jeepney drivers do discriminate?

Yes. I can see the viewpoint but....

Also, I wondered how / where they drew the line on this. Presumably it is down to the Jeepney drivers discretion? Does he way people as they climb aboard? Do people diet to ensure they weigh in at the right weight etc etc?

Banned
    So I guess you confirm that Jeepney drivers do discriminate?

Yes. I can see the viewpoint but....

Also, I wondered how / where they drew the line on this. Presumably it is down to the Jeepney drivers discretion? Does he way people as they climb aboard? Do people diet to ensure they weigh in at the right weight etc etc?
    Years of experience and a considered glance

Banned
    Passenger forced to stand for seven hours on U.S. Airways flight because of 400-POUND man sitting next to him

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1mdghagJM

Banned
    Well, I can tell you that to fly in a helicopter to a rig in the North Sea, weight is an issue as one needs to be able to exit through a window if the helicopter lands in the sea. I have heard of instances where folk have been banned from working offshore because of it.

Banned
    As many will know Cebu Pacific weigh all passengers travelling out of Caticlan - I wonder what they would do if some big figure sends the scales into overdrive

Banned
    As many will know Cebu Pacific weigh all passengers travelling out of Caticlan - I wonder what they would do if some big figure sends the scales into overdrive
    Funny you should say that as when I checked in at Caticlan the frist time around I had to weigh in and I recall the chap giving me a funny look and casting comment to my wife .

At just over 6ft and 14 stone, you can appreciate that I am not really soooo big but....

Banned
    Funny you should say that as when I checked in at Caticlan the frist time around I had to weigh in and I recall the chap giving me a funny look and casting comment to my wife .

At just over 6ft and 14 stone, you can appreciate that I am not really soooo big but....
    I'll always remember my one and only flight out of there for 2 reasons

1) The weigh in
    2) Behind us taking up 3 or so rows of seats were what I can only describe as a Pinoy Chav/Pikey family - garishly dressed, loud, jabbering on mobiles even as plane was taxi-ing, bashing into backs of our seats, constantly changing their seats. Scumbags - must be like that on flights from Mancheser to the Costa del Sol

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar

I rode a FX Taxi (a Toyota Tamaraw FX which usually made a taxi/PUV) once going to Buendia/Makati which has a sign posted in the windows saying "Ang mataba dun sa likod umupo" (Fat should sit at the back) because the front area sits 2 people, the middle area of the FX/van sits 4 people and if a fat person would sit there, it'll only accommodate 3 people and the back of the van/FX can seat 4 people but it has a bigger area... It's funny if you think about it but it's considered as discrimination...
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Yes dedworth I noticed that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    "Ang mataba dun sa likod umupo" (Fat should sit at the back) because the front area sits 2 people, the middle area of the FX/van sits 4 people and if a fat person would sit there, it'll only accommodate 3 people and the back of the van/FX can seat 4 people but it has a bigger area... It's funny if you think about.....
    Yep funny .....amazing too.

I would possibly refuse someone of that bulk if she got in the way of my driving plus on a more selfish note she is probably gonna mess up my suspension (anti roll bar links etc) and it wont do my car any good.
    She shouldn't be such a greedy woman anyway.
    As Ricky Gervais put it fatness is not an illness for most it's a lifestyle

Banned
    I recall a taxi firm in Leicestershire that I used on occasion, run by a family of LARGE people. I often wondered about the wear and tear on their suspension and tyres etc.........

Banned
    Britains fattest woman

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...est-woman.html

Eating herself to death: The 42stone 42-year-old woman who costs taxpayers £700 per week and needs a team of carers to look after her

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1mjJBeJwf

Thread Information