Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    £1k a month. You could live like a king in the phils with that. What you waiting for Tone?

i agree with Fred, it is still cheap to live in the philippines compared here. The important thing is finding a good healthcare because even if you're 100 percent in good health, it's best to be prepared. Because hospitals can be pricey especially private ones. Renting a place can cost a bit depending where you guys want to live, i remember my parents rented a house in Baguio for 15k a month not including water/electricity bills. My advice is to have a look around the area you guys want to live, think about the surroundings, accessibility, etc. and buy land to build your own dream house that's what my parents did..
    oh also if you do have you're own place in the philippines 30k for two would be enough for food, water/electric bills, internet, cooking gas.. etc.

good luck

Just wanted to throw in a couple of other considerations for you Steve .........

Firstly, do you have a support network or anyone back in the UK that could help if you got into any kind of unexpected trouble in the Philippines? Secondly, you are 53 and have two grown up children so you might be lucky enough to have grandchildren before long. Would you be happy not to be a regular part of their lives and unable to see them growing up? (you may of course be glad to escape if you don't like children!)

Just a couple of things to think about before you make that final decision.

Rosie, i have 5 kids and 2 grandkids, i see and he more on facebook and the phone from them so being anywhere in the world would not bother me as long as we can talk on the computer most weeks or months, we hope to rent the house out here so there is allways a way back, but to tell the truth once we leave here i dont want to come back, my family, bros and sisters they know my feelings about moving, yes i sall miss them and when the time comes for any of us to depart this world, when i can say a pray and have my thoughts of all the times we had together, thereal pain at this moment is insurance, i dont like the thought of paying hundreds of pounds even thousands just in case,thats just my thought,

Tone, with that sort of money do it, with my age i can only use my savngs and what other income i may receive, my pension well as i see it its not in my hand so i cannot count it yet, if my figures are correct for when we do leave here i shall have enough to live well, but its knowing how long and also remember that there will be enough for Emma once i have gone too

Look at this way. Life is not a rehearsal. You only live once. If I had half the chance I would be over there. Until I retire I have no chance. Even if I won the lottery I would live in the phils.. I would visit England to see relatives once a year only. (This is just my opinion). Ok you have free health service here. But for how long?. Oh and free education until you you get to the university time. Education is cheap in phils compared to here. And the kids over there have respect. When I am there and I take my stepdaughter to school they are all in uniform they look smart. I look at the kids here when they go to school and they are a disgrace,

You should not live with the past ."let the by gun be by gone.move on.women are not all the same,.when the first one give you so much head ache the second might be not.,You cannot buy the Happiness,when you make a mistake choosing a wife the second time might be a successful.In relationship trust is very important,Anyway you cannot bring your wealth in your grave. Share your blessings. If you are selfish to your wife and don't trust you just give her a reason to find trust to another. @ Steve go and stick with your Plans,if you found a true Love from a filipina they give you back the Love that you have given to us,not less but more than what you gave. Filipina's are hard working.So don't Worry for Tomorrow. "God feed the birds how much more His Children..God bless you Steve and Emma!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information