Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: child support

Newbie (Restricted Access)

child support

good day everyne i am a filipina who is married into british citizen.i am leaving here in philippines and he is uk.we have baby and the baby is with me of course,he alwys told me that he dont want to support the baby.is it possible that i can file him a case or i can complain in british embassy here for his not supporting his baby here in philippines thnks

Sorry for your situation............. but, if he always told you that, why did you go ahead and have a baby with him ?
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Quote Originally Posted by rimma08 View Post
    good day everyne i am a filipina who is married into british citizen.i am leaving here in philippines and he is uk.we have baby and the baby is with me of course,he alwys told me that he dont want to support the baby.is it possible that i can file him a case or i can complain in british embassy here for his not supporting his baby here in philippines thnks
    As a first step you should contact to the REMO unit here in UK

Reciprocal Enforcement of Maintenance Orders or REMO is the process by which maintenance orders made by UK courts on behalf of UK residents can be registered and enforced by courts or other authorities in other
    countries against people resident there.

This is also a reciprocal arrangement governed by international conventions, which means that foreign maintenance orders in favour of individuals abroad can likewise be registered and enforced by UK courts against UK residents.

The precise nature of reciprocity available between the UK and another jurisdiction (Philippines) depends on the convention or agreement to which the other country is a signatory.

Contact details and e-mail link here
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/DG_177531

Other useful info here:-
    http://www.justice.gov.uk/guidance/p...itor/index.htm

Please make contact with your details and ask if help is available for you and your baby.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by rimma08 View Post
    I think theres more hidden issue why he doesnt want to support your child??? is that 'his'' child??
    In the UK abandoning a child is a criminal offense
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Trusted Member
    DNA test would probably be a good idea.

That reminds me.....must remember to ask my Filipina ex (who skipped the country) for 4 years back-payment of child support for our son here.

sad to heard that rima :( do what terpe, told you?! but as i said, don't expect to much from him, obviously many reason's why he did that to you and your child..

hope all is well with you and your child.

I wouldn't rely on getting much or anything from him, but good luck he should help pay for his child
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

It's very complicated giving advice since we never know the real reason.But if I were in your shoes If the father ignore the child and neglecting us, and I am sure that he is the father,I'm gonna take the responsibility alone and find income just to give the best for my baby,it's so hard to ask money all the time you need,So time for you to think that you cannot expect from him. If he cannot be a father to your child now how much more in the next future...

Quote Originally Posted by aronbabev View Post
    It's very complicated giving advice since we never know the real reason.But if I were in your shoes If the father ignore the child and neglecting us, and I am sure that he is the father,I'm gonna take the responsibility alone and find income just to give the best for my baby,it's so hard to ask money all the time you need,So time for you to think that you cannot expect from him. If he cannot be a father to your child now how much more in the next future...
    Good Advice

Trusted Member
    If it was mine, and I was sure of it, no way could I abandon a child - just couldn't live with myself.

Send him some pictures if that's possible.

How could I ever leave this precious little angel ?

bcoz i am married to him of course building own family but ithink he really dont like responsibility

i dont need a dna test bcoz i have proof and he knows tht my baby is his baby too

it's so hard to ask money all the time you need,

No it's NOT !

He's her husband, he's the father of the child, so he should ACCEPT HIS RESPONSIBILITIES and put his hand in his pocket.

Rimma should follow Terpe's advice & contact the relevant agencies, and see where it leads her.

Best of luck.
    No man is an island, but Barry is

Thanks for the Reputation Steve and Ann1984 for the thumbs up!!!

He needs to 'man up' and look after his child
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    He needs to 'man up' and look after his child
    Him and thousands of others Steve!

I've paid a sizeable wedge in maintenance for 12 years and another 3 to go... what always gets my goat is when she asks for more because she isn't using the money for him but rather for other reasons and I have no right to tell her what to do!

I have had many years of dealing with the CSA and i know just about all there is to know.
    Sorry to say that you have close to zero chance of getting any money from this man unless he coughs up some money for you off his own back.
    I do not know if you have a legal system over there for wayward husbands that do not help with their children, i think that is your only hope.

Thread Information