Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Immigration

A place for everything, everything in its place.

I think thats says it all.

yeah i agree andy it is a disgrace to say if you are not wealthy you cannot bring you foreign spouse to settle in the uk

AN HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE

I have just wrote to that MP Chris Bryant. Lets see if he replies. Im working hard today.

And another one to Damien Green awaiting reply.

Andy i'm just about to email my MP jackie doyle price to inform her of my disgust & dismay at these new proposals

Well Steve I have emailed them and told them of my story. Im just waiting to see if they reply. I did like what Chris Bryant said though about bringing wives from abroad.

Yes chris bryant hit the nail on the head why shouldn't a british citizen be able to fall in love & then bring there spouse to the uk irrespective of wealth

You lot can't read.... it clearly says '.....people who come here to work....' .... nothing to do with a spouse. It is a measure to prevent immigrants coming here to claim benefits without putting something into society first. I take it none of you are bringing a woman here just as a worker?
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

I can read boss and I hear them loud and clear. The point is you will have to earn a certain amount to bring our wives here and a lot of us dont..

Quite correct andy that is how i understand it

Some of the nurses where i work dont earn £26000 what chance have we got?

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    I can read boss and I hear them loud and clear. The point is you will have to earn a certain amount to bring our wives here and a lot of us dont..
    You understand it wrong then. I've read 3 different sources and listened to the minister on tv, it is all about stopping worker immigrants coming here to sponge off us, not to prevent spouses, families, etc, that would clearly be illegal.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Ok boss have it your way. No disrespect but come May I will be waiting for your apology. But this is my interpretation. You will have to earn a minimum of £26000 to bring your wife here and he will change the human rights act. In turn I will apologise to you if I am wrong.

Having listened to Radio 2 today the proposals were including anyone not just workers and the topic on the show then went to "what happens if I want to bring a spouse here" and the person discussing these explained they would also be subject to immigration control.

Personally I think they will struggle to get any of these proposals through - and the outside EU immigrants are not as big an issue as them from the EU and all the illegals, those two camps need to be sorted out - but will take take longer and harder to control because of our EU membership.
    These words are limp IMHO but they have to talk tough to appease a certain group of people who think we are being overrun by immigrants - which we are of course!

Tone

I have just wrote to that MP Chris Bryant. Lets see if he replies. Im working hard today.
    And another one to Damien Green awaiting reply.
    for doing that, Andy ... HOPEFULLY BOTH will have the common courtesy to explain government proposals fully.

No problem Arthur I think I know what the reply will be though. The old favourite!
    (We can not comment on individual cases.)

Oh and thanks for the rep Arthur.

Banned
    Yes. Sometimes if one isn't careful then one can misunderstand / misread some of this stuff, but I am sure I saw a bit about Sponsors of Spouses requiring a certain income, as Andy says. Or is that just the old stuff from 2011 being regurgitated? I need to sit down and have a good read of it, I haven't been able to this last few days as I have been moving house.

Banned
    Maybe WIN 2 WIN is right as I am beginning to think that there has been some misleading press coverage of this latest stage on Immigration to the UK.

Looks like this applies to workers.........not Sponsors of Spouses.

Trusted Member
    Spouses are permitted to work anyway (and most seem to want to), so what is the problem ?

STUPID GOVERNMENT !

STUPID GOVERNMENT !
    indeed..but we cant control there mind to implement laws that they want in case

Banned
    The key part from Green's speech on 2nd February on the spousal route:

"In the coming weeks we will be announcing our conclusions about the settlement and family consultations that we have conducted. In those consultations there were a number of examples of the selectivity I am talking about.

In our consultation on family migration, we have made clear that we welcome those who are in genuine relationships.. But there is an important caveat..... We want those coming here to be able to integrate fully and to be independent.. This means being able to speak English and having sufficient financial means to be able to prosper.... We asked the MAC to advise on an appropriate income range for the sponsor’s income, which they have suggested should be between £18,600 and £25,700..".

This isnt new stuff. Just potentially imminent now.

I think the rest of the speech, most of it, was to do with students and workers, not the spousal routes.

and how about to those who are already here or about to apply eg..from spouse visa..ILR/FLR (settlement) /or to about applied british citizenship?? etc,...

Quote Originally Posted by Moy View Post
    and how about to those who are already here or about to apply eg..from spouse visa..ILR/FLR (settlement) /or to about applied british citizenship?? etc,...
    Don't worry Moy, you're already here in the land of plenty

I fear that your stuck here with us

Terpe on a serious note what do you think will be the outcome for those who are already here on a spouse visa & about to apply for ILR if they are not on the kind of salary mentioned

you're already here in the land of plenty

I fear that your stuck here with us
    well thats one of my fear terpe..to be stuck here in the land of plenty but with lack of boilin sun
    btw thanks for the enocouragement word as usual

Make no mistake, this speech was not just aimed at migrants comming here to work. Damian Green makes plenty of references to settlement visa also.

Well worth a read.

I still cannot see how this government can bring about all the changes it would like to without falling foul of the appeals Judges. But take note that all appeals now are subject to a cost.

Interesting times ahead methinks.

For anyone whose interested here is the text of the full speech

Here is the conclusion of his speech:-
    Conclusion
    This selective approach will also be relevant to the way we develop our border security, our visa system, and the services we offer tourists and business visitors in the future. If we want the brightest and best, and we do, then we must make the process comfortable and welcoming for them. Both our policies and the practices of the UK Border Agency must become as smart, selective and tailored as we can make them.

Our first priority has been, and remains, to get the system back under control, to get the numbers down and keep them down. We have laid the foundations for a sustainable system. Now we shall shape it, to make it work for Britain. The main point I make today is that everyone who comes here must be selected to make a positive contribution. That is at the heart of our commitment to reduce net migration. We have talked in the past about a Points Based System. In the future it will be more accurate to talk about a contribution-based system. Whether you come here to work, study, or get married, we as a country are entitled to check that you will add to the quality of life in Britain. There are people who think that all immigrants are bad for Britain. There are also people who think that all immigrants are good for Britain. To move the immigration debate on to a higher level let’s take it as read that they are both wrong, and that the legitimate question in today’s world is how can we benefit from immigration

My answer is that we are building, as fast as we can, an immigration system which is smarter, more selective and more responsive. An immigration system that delivers what Britain needs rather than what special interest groups demand. The change from the unregulated chaos of immigration policy in the past to this new vision will take some time to be fully visible. But we have taken significant steps already, and the announcements we will make shortly will be another important part of the journey towards an immigration system in which the British people can have confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie c View Post
    Terpe on a serious note what do you think will be the outcome for those who are already here on a spouse visa & about to apply for ILR if they are not on the kind of salary mentioned
    i been thinking that all since ive seen those news about immigration.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information