Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Legal guardians of a filippino child

hi were going to adopt a family member from the philippines and i was wondering once we are her legal guardians can we fly her here and proceed with the adoption here or not? If not then does anyone know of any good adoption agencies we can use. need all the help we can get. thanks

Hi Happily Married

To adopt from overseas nowadays, I believe that you still have to be approved by a UK adoption panel. Adopting a child from within your own extended family abroad is a possibility, giving the child the advantages of a British education and upbringing, while keeping her in contact with family and home culture. However, British immigration officials are suspicious of adoptions of blood relatives from overseas by British subjects or residents, in case they are sham adoptions (called accommodation adoptions) intended to circumvent immigration regulations. The older the child is the more suspicious the authorities become.

I haven’t had any personal experience of adoption but I’ve heard it can sometimes be quite a lengthy and expensive process. There are numerous adoption agencies out there, one of the most famous being Barnado’s. You might like to take a look at their website http://www.barnardos.org.uk/fosteringandadoption

Wishing you the very best of luck, I hope that you are successful!

Rosie

Banned
    To approve you adoption for this Philippine's kid you need to go the UK adoption panel if they confirm it then i am sure there is same kind of authority in Philippines too, but if you are asking about the traveling of her UK to Philippines, its ok to travel between two countries, no problems.

Thread Information