Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Post Is getting married in Vegas is the easiest and the only option we got?? :(

this is the link about getting married in Vegas http://voices.yahoo.com/how-married-...t-1871710.html

he is from Austria and I am from Philippines

why whats your problem getting married somewhere else ??
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Hi Ana
    Where are you living?
    If the Philippines most women would want to marry there so their family can be with them?

Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    why whats your problem getting married somewhere else ??
    our first plan before was to get married this April 3 or 4, 2012 here in Philippines Cebu but then we have problems with his documents as it requires soo much time and lots of things to do which makes us soo stressful

he is an Austrian citizen but not living in Austria for long time since he spent his 12 years in London and now he is currently working in Switzerland.

Our problem is that his Legal Capacity for Marriage must be certified in Austrian embassy in Manila (since it is not English) and it will take 3-9 weeks process which is our problem coz he will only stay in Cebu for 3 weeks so we don't have much time to compile all the requirements for a civil wedding.

I hope I can give you more information so you'll be able to understand our situation and maybe you can help us Skype would be perfect

thanks for the concern Joebloggs

Quote Originally Posted by mickcant View Post
    Hi Ana
    Where are you living?
    If the Philippines most women would want to marry there so their family can be with them?

Mick.
    Hello Mick

I am from Cebu Philippines yeah that's the first plan but it seems like getting married here is very stressful

but we got problems with his papers so difficult to obtain it and requires a lot of time

Our situation is not easy since he is an Austrian citizen and not a British :(

thanks for the concern Mick

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Every wedding, especially getting married to a foreigner, would require lots of time and effort..it's just a matter of organizing everything..there's no way of having an easy marriage..If gathering documents would be a problem to the both of you then don't rush..
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Every wedding, especially getting married to a foreigner, would require lots of time and effort..it's just a matter of organizing everything..there's no way of having an easy marriage..If gathering documents would be a problem to the both of you then don't rush..
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by ana07cutiepie View Post

yeah..but it still requires patience..and if you don't have that it won't be possible..
    -=rayna.keith=-

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    yeah..but it still requires patience..and if you don't have that it won't be possible..
    yeah that's why am asking some questions here to make it possible

in that link you posted, i think it would not be that easy to get married in Vegas as it says..you would still need to get a US Visa in order to do that since you live in the Philippines and they require visas from there..you still need to gather documents for that..take one step at a time and have patience since everything requires gathering documents, no matter how fast or slow it is..if it won't make it on April, is it not possible to move the dates? Or can't you get the Legal capacity of marriage to be authenticated early? (Sorry I don' have an idea about that) I hope that helps..
    -=rayna.keith=-

that's the latest date we got Rayna but we are planning for option 2 only that we don't know if it will work too.

Our option 2 is that my bf will change his Austrian Citizen to British one but is that possible? If so then we are planning to get a fiance visa coz it's much easier to get married in the UK and since he has been to UK for 12 years (working)

our situation is really unique I know

that's the latest date we got Rayna but we are planning for option 2 only that we don't know if it will work too.

Our option 2 is that my bf will change his Austrian Citizen to British one but is that possible? If so then we are planning to get a fiance visa coz it's much easier to get married in the UK and since he has been to UK for 12 years (working)

our situation is really unique I know
    I don't believe your situation is unique. Plenty of folks face the same administrative issues.
    If your fiance become British Citizen he will still require to show he is free to marry.
    There would also be additional cost and admin to work through.

I agree with Rayna, just be calm and make a workable plan. Secure the needed documents. It does take time. Just work through those challenges. It's very possible.

Good luck and don't give up

Respected Member
    Wedding in Hongkong....

Hi Ana

There's nothing wrong in getting married in other country. Getting married in Vegas is absolutely fab! it's very easy to get divorce there as well! lol. I know someone who got married in one of the far away island . after marriage, she went back to phils. and him to his own country. After a few months, she applied for a spouse visa and was successful.

Just keep every document and pictures that you will have for and after marriage as you will need them when you're back to philippines to apply for a spouse visa.

Quote Originally Posted by febmary View Post
    Wedding in Hongkong....
    really?? have you tried it??

From UKBA website:-

Assesment of validity of marriage

...and it took us a long time to get to the point of being able to marry. You can't rush the legal requirements.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Just like to add that getting married in Vegas is very easy. I married my first wife there.
    Went to the court house, joined a queue of other people want to get a license to marry. Filled out a small question and answer sheet while in the queue. Got to the counter and we were only asked to show passports, no other documents. $40 later and a marriage license to marry anywhere in Nevada in the next 12 months.
    Walked out of the court house and i could have been married in 5 minutes, there is a queue of limos all waiting to take you straight to the chapel. Very easy, my divorce was a little more expensive.

Thread Information