Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Smile 1 week in the UK

I'm finally with my husband and been in the UK for a week now... So far, I find UK a very nice country to live with lots of friendly people around the neighborhood. I Spent a week fixing my body clock coz it's totally different timezone.
    Lots of differences, I'm starting to learn about the country & culture of the man I married so far I can definitely say that I'm happy living with my man & all the hardship & struggle we experienced in getting a visa is now paying off...

Banned
    Good stuff. Dont be put of by the weather / temperatures. My wife arrived on October 1st and found it very difficult at first to come to terms with the temperatures but within a few weeks seemed to adapt quite well!

( PS I notice you still have your location as Philippines on your posting...top right...)

Welcome to the UK

It seems you've enjoyed your first week and that's a good start.
    First impressions always last.

Looking forward to learning more about your experiences and feelings as you notice those differences in living and culture. That kind of information is always helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by exquisitegeeks View Post
    I'm finally with my husband and been in the UK for a week now... So far, I find UK a very nice country to live with lots of friendly people around the neighborhood. I Spent a week fixing my body clock coz it's totally different timezone.
    Lots of differences, I'm starting to learn about the country & culture of the man I married so far I can definitely say that I'm happy living with my man & all the hardship & struggle we experienced in getting a visa is now paying off...
    spent a week fixing your body clock
    Welcome to UK. Whereabouts in UK??

Congratulations and Welcome! Where in the UK are you located?

Respected Member
    Welcome to the UK

Welcome to the uk my wifes first experience of the uk was in november 2010 in the middle of the harshest snowfall the country has seen for many years.

she was overwhelmed with the weather as she has never experienced anything like it

I'm finally with my husband and been in the UK for a week now... so far I can definitely say that I'm happy living with my man & all the hardship & struggle we experienced in getting a visa is now paying off...
    ... that's good to know; glad to learn you'd a safe journey ... and are settling in nicely to your new life here.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie c View Post
    Welcome to the uk my wifes first experience of the uk was in november 2010 in the middle of the harshest snowfall the country has seen for many years.

she was overwhelmed with the weather as she has never experienced anything like it
    Yeah, that winter was really bad and one to remember, maybe the worst for many years.
    Carina hated it from start to finish.

Wink

Hello guys!
    Yes it's really cold & when I first go out It was WOW! My husband was laughing at me. Lol. I had to put on 2 jackets,coat, boots and beanie
    Whereabouts- we're a bit geeky so I asked my hubby to take me to jodrell bank, since we both love astrology
    Shopping in trafford center is great as well big difference when it comes to shops, buildings and i also find the packaging of goods In Tescos very different from what I'm used to..
    We have lots of places to go in the next few months, I'm still enjoying my new home, my loving hubby & we are cooking food for each other, Asian & European cuisine at home is really awesome
    I find out that British people are really friendly and helpful.. At the airport, a nice woman called my hubby to tell him I touchdown and waiting for him in gate 2.. People always smile and greet me in our neighborhood.. When shopping, people stare at me and sometimes make me feel like I'm a foreigner (well I am) lol but my husband experience that in the Philippines as well so now I know the feeling. All in all UK is a very beautiful country!

Oh, milk in tea? I love it... When my husband and I talk about our culture it shocks us both, it's really funny. He have a lot of things to learn about Filipino and I'm willing to learn about his culture too. Woohoo!

Banned
    Hello guys!
    Yes it's really cold & when I first go out It was WOW! My husband was laughing at me. Lol. I had to put on 2 jackets,coat, boots and beanie
    Whereabouts- we're a bit geeky so I asked my hubby to take me to jodrell bank, since we both love astrology
    Shopping in trafford center is great as well big difference when it comes to shops, buildings and i also find the packaging of goods In Tescos very different from what I'm used to..
    We have lots of places to go in the next few months, I'm still enjoying my new home, my loving hubby & we are cooking food for each other, Asian & European cuisine at home is really awesome
    I find out that British people are really friendly and helpful.. At the airport, a nice woman called my hubby to tell him I touchdown and waiting for him in gate 2.. People always smile and greet me in our neighborhood.. When shopping, people stare at me and sometimes make me feel like I'm a foreigner (well I am) lol but my husband experience that in the Philippines as well so now I know the feeling. All in all UK is a very beautiful country!

Oh, milk in tea? I love it... When my husband and I talk about our culture it shocks us both, it's really funny. He have a lot of things to learn about Filipino and I'm willing to learn about his culture too. Woohoo!
    You must be in Cheshire or Manchester somewhere. The first place I took my wife after she arrived in Manchester was the Trafford Centre to buy some warm clothes. I used to live just a 5 minute drive from there but have since moved away. I took my daughter to Jodrell Bank a good few years ago.

As I read your story, I thought you are in other planet, but oh I read it again and found out you are in UK.Good thing you did'nt land in london, as I can see that things and people here are a bit different in where you are now!!So I say, lucky you girl!!

I find out that British people are really friendly and helpful..
    ... ... we HAVE our moments ...

Oh, milk in tea? I love it...
    ... yeuch! ... ... ... it's NOT for me!

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    You must be in Cheshire or Manchester somewhere. The first place I took my wife after she arrived in Manchester was the Trafford Centre to buy some warm clothes. I used to live just a 5 minute drive from there but have since moved away. I took my daughter to Jodrell Bank a good few years ago.
    been a couple of times to Jodrell bank . The Trafford centre is only a couple of miles away from me, my stepson works there

only place i want to go, is to see the northern lights, dont care about anywhere else
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post

only place i want to go, is to see the northern lights ...
    ... of Old Aberdeen?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... of Old Aberdeen?
    Seen em. Seen Old Aberdeen. My ex gf lived there. Full of students also.

Happy for both of you & welcome to Britain!
    If you can't say something nice. SHUT UP!. Simple.

Wink

Hello again...

Well yes, People in congleton are nice & friendly. I have a friend who's in Milton Keynes and she cant wait to go back in the Philippines. I heard a lot of horror stories,lol. But I'm lucky that I'm in the country side & I love it since I lived all my life in the cit. So far so good, im glad I'm coping. Lots of places to see in the UK and I'm looking forward to it.

Milk in tea - I thought I can't drink it, but when I tried it., it's really nice
    British TV - I'm starting to like it, and can understand different British accents better now... Lol
    Food - ummm lots of variation, Chinese, indian food are all over Manchester nom!
    Weather - had to use tons of moisturizers and lotion coz the cold weather makes my Asian skin dry.. Haha. But I'm beginning to get used to it. I wonder if it'll snow this month?

... of Old Aberdeen?
    unless they look like this

http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

That's really sweet.. So glad you enjoyed your time... Where abouts are you in the UK?
    >>--DonahMichael-->>

Banned
    ... of Old Aberdeen?
    Do you know, I spent 5.5 years in Aberdeen and never once saw the Nothern Lights and spent many a year travelling through it and never saw them then either. There is a bar there by that name, I drove by it a million times and I just googled the song that you were probably alluding too, Arthur?

"When I was a lad, a tiny wee lad,
    My mother said to me,
    ‘Come see the Northern Lights my boy,
    They’re bright as they can be!’
    She called them the heavenly dancers,
    Merry dancers in the sky,
    I’ll never forget, that wonderful sight
    They made the heavens bright!"

Banned
    Weather - had to use tons of moisturizers and lotion coz the cold weather makes my Asian skin dry.. Haha. But I'm beginning to get used to it. I wonder if it'll snow this month?
    My wife found the same. Dry skin. But lotions have done the trick. Still time for snow as we have february to get through yet. My wife saw snow here the other week. A first for her. But we had to go up the mountains (Snaejfell) to see it as we don't normally get it otherwise. She was overjoyed at seeing it and walking in it etc.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    unless they look like this

They are fantastic pictures Joe. Did you take them?

Banned
    But lotions have done the trick.
    That is but and not butt. LOL

That is but and not butt. LOL
    Maybe both would be correct

According to the BBC tonight (January 23rd) will be another great opportunity to see/photograph the Northern Lights from any areas 'up North'

Hello exquisitegeeks,

Welcome to the UK and the forum . This is by far not the coldest winter I have experienced here so far, so you are quite lucky .

big difference when it comes to shops, buildings and i also find the packaging of goods In Tescos very different from what I'm used to..
    Nothing beats the service in Manila, I really miss it a lot. I especially miss the "bagging boys" from SM who will even help you load your groceries to your car.

Anyway there are lots of things to explore here in the UK and I'm sure you will have a fantastic time!

Take care,
    Daks

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    According to the BBC tonight (January 23rd) will be another great opportunity to see/photograph the Northern Lights from any areas 'up North'
    Great idea but only if it isnt cloudy like it was here last night. I wanted to show my wife but alas...

Thread Information