Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Confused

Confused

Hi everyone, I need some help please. As what I read here that this coming April the UKBA have a new rule out like the Ielts.. I took my exam last 21 of January this year. if ever I past the exam, and we r planning to apply my spouse visa this coming MAY, do you think my ielts result still valid? What I mean is If I get the results 4 band each of them then suddenly this april the band is 5.... Do u think I'm still ok of my result or do I need to take another exam?

If the UKBA make any changes (again) in line with the one you suggest, then they will publish a date AFTER which the new rules apply.
    All applicants will need to fully comply.

I've read that the UKBA were considering raising their pass level from A1 to B1. In your specific example your scores of 4 are actually already at level B1 for IELTS, so I wouldn't worry too much.

My husband agrees with you and I have another concern terpe. I will travel to the uk this coming June if my application is successful. Now, if I applied for the visa in march will the UKBA date my visa starting from my return in June ?

Quote Originally Posted by yanghwa View Post
    My husband agrees with you and I have another concern terpe. I will travel to the uk this coming June if my application is successful. Now, if I applied for the visa in march will the UKBA date my visa starting from my return in June ?
    The UKBA states:-
    "You can apply for your visa within three months of your intended date of travel. We are only able to post-date visas by a maximum of three months from the date of the decision on your visa application. You can enter the UK anytime after your visa issue date but not before."

Normally the visa will be valid for 27 months from the start date, so plenty of time to complete the required 24 months living in UK before ILR application.

Hope that helps

This explain everything clearly, thank you so much to your help terpe and God Bless......

Thread Information