Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: hello

Respected Member
    Hi ,, , sorry i have no idea the name of the hospital (s), do you have some experience of that your self , tho i am sure i could ask..,, she has also worked in Cyprus and other places,,, and thank you for the information, i will be googling it , as another possible angle,, R

Respected Member
    hello again everyone,,,,,,,,,,,,, can someone plz tell me what i do with the documents which i now have ready, do i send them to the person directly, or to the UK enbassy in Manila or somewhere in UK ,etc,,, thnks R

Quote Originally Posted by nnomad View Post
    hello again everyone,,,,,,,,,,,,, can someone plz tell me what i do with the documents which i now have ready, do i send them to the person directly, or to the UK enbassy in Manila or somewhere in UK ,etc,,, thnks R
    If you mean documents supporting the visit visa application of your g/f, then these must be sent directly to your g/f. She will be the one to present all her supporting docsuments when she submits her 'bundle' to VFS following her online application.

Hope this helps

I strongly suggest you send the documents by courier

Try here:-
    www.interparcel.com

Avoid sending originals.

" terpe ",, ( or anyone else ),,, will a photo copy of,, letter of invitation, passport, bank statment and tennancy agreement be sufficient or will originalls be required,, or is email acceptable,, ta R ( and M )
    Hello nnomad.. visa granted in 7 days,,,,,with no interview. my bf visited me here and stay for 21 days. then when he return in uk we apply immediately. i apply december 20,2011 and i received my visa on january 9, 2012.

Here's, how we work our application:

1. General visa fees - P 5,472.00 - i paid this amount cash to the bank and get a receipt from UNION
    bank. you kept the receipt, coz you attached this on the application
    form.
    2. VAF1A ( General visit visa form ) - answer these online.

3. INFORMATION about Applicant and Finances
    A. Passport of Applicant - it should be a valid passport.
    B. General visit visa checklist
    C. Cenomar - Certification no marriage
    D. Western Union Receipts

4. Supporting Documents of Sponsor
    A. Invitation letter
    B. Brief resume of relationship
    C. Birth Certificate
    D. Details of passport - copies only.
    E. Employment Status
    F. Inland revenue and tax return for 12 months
    G. Company accounts
    H. Bank statement and investment

5. Accommodation and travel details
    a. Accommodation letter
    b. itinerary for visit
    c. Official guide for dartmouth and surrounding area
    d. coast and countryside events 2011-2012
    e. hotel vouchers with receipts
    f. booking confirmations (emails)
    G. photographs of meetings

6. Communication
    a. emails/ecard greetings for birthdays
    b. name of internet connections
    c. receipts and bills
    d. yahoo messenger and skype conversation's

7. Photograph to attache your application form. be careful the sizes.( 45mm By 35mm) look on the site www.ukba.com.. about the photos guidance.

I hope this will help your problem.. and goodluck

Anna
    Last edited by Ann1984; 31st January 2012 at 04:42. Reason: typo error

Respected Member
    thank you anna,,, general visa fee P 5472 ? !!!!

Respected Member
    thank you Terpe

Banned
    Pesos....

yes in pesos P 5,472.00 pesos only.... when you finish processing on your supporting documents send it to your gf, thru courier, then your gf submit it to vfs centre.. this is what we did on my application.

I suggest she go to VIP only 1,800 pesos. rather than booking appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    Pesos....
    Hehehe.. yes lastid, its a pesos.

Hello nnomad. Better to go to the Philippines and meet her. It's not so unsafe, if you keep away from dodgy places. If your gf is from Manila, she should be able to tell you where those places are and which hotels to stay at in Manila, Makati, or Quezon City. You can get a standard room usually for 50GBP a night in a business hotel like City Garden. It's just like paying for a night at Travelers Lodge here in England. Unfortunately, there is not much to do in Manila unless you want to go shopping, night clubbing, and eat out. Traffic is HORRIBLE so you will not get to do much if you're planning to go around. Best to choose one place like Makati, and stay there! If you're visiting for a week, you can make it worthwhile by getting yourselves out of Manila and going to Tagaytay (1.5 hour road trip) or to a beach in Batanggas (3 hrs). If she has a car, then no worries. If not, "premiere" airconditioned buses are available. And that should be fairly safe, with loos, wi-fi, and all. If you want to "spend" and have a romantic getaway and enjoy one of the best beaches in Asia, fly yourselves from Manila to Boracay island for 3-4 days. Checkout Cebu Pacific for flights. It will still be cheaper than spending a week in Tenerife, flying from England. Just make sure to ask about taxi fares and all that coz some taxi drivers tend to overcharge foreigners, as they do everywhere else in the world. That way, you get to meet your girl, enjoy the warm weather, and possibly have a romantic getaway. And if it doesn't work out for you, then at least you had a holiday. Best of luck.

Respected Member
    ok, done the sums,, 93 UK pds,,, what is this VIP

Banned
    VIP is 1800 pesos. Gives you more freedom on an appointment time and can be a lot quicker at the point of submission at VFS. A free drink is thrown in etc etc. Some think it is a waste of money and others feel it is beneficial.....it doesnt buy you faster processing or a gauranteed visa.

Are you offshore just now or on fieldbreak? Are you on the Ocean Gonad, by chance?

Respected Member
    what do VIP and VFS stand for and what are they,, ( i didnt mean how much ! )
    no dont work off shore just now,, land based..

Hi Nnomad, the general visa is not too complicated all you have to do is supply plenty of information, as far as the itinery is concerned all you need to do is visit your local tourist information centre and obtain a copy of their guide to the area, submit this with a letter to say these are some of the places you will be visiting, you do not need to detail hotel bookings etc, however you do need to build a complete picture of your relationship, and supply all the relevent information, my g/f has just been granted a six month general visa, it is possible,,,,, best of luck.

Respected Member
    is it posssible to PM people on here

what do VIP and VFS stand for and what are they,, ( i didnt mean how much ! )
    no dont work off shore just now,, land based..
    OK ... then I'll be "down to earth" in my reply:

I'm surprised you're asking about the initials VIP; ... they're normally self~explanatory ... in the sense that they are the customary abbreviation used to denote a 'Very Important Person'. However, when applied in the current context, they mean that, if you are prepared to part with a wee bit extra cash, it entitles you to the sort of "little extras" that Lastlid describes ... see #43 above.

As for the initials VFS ... these are short for 'Visa Facilitation Service'. Or - putting ANOTHER slant on some of your questions - "Very Funny Stuff"!

is it posssible to PM people on here
    ... I'm afraid you need to earn what is known as 'Respected Status' before being allowed to post messages privately.

However, ordinary members may - if they so wish - send a *message to a fellow member of their choosing (unless that person happens to be a 'Newbie') by *typing it into the box provided on their respective profile.

Respected Member
    so you mean that for an extra 30 qd a cup of tea and some flexability on apointment times are available,, well thank you,,, i am on here to gain as much information as possible and if it means putting up with some smartypants then so be it,, thanks again... R ( M )

What do you mean "putting up with some smartypants"?

Thats not very nice is it!

Think you should look at your questions and consider an element of simple common sense mate.

Tone

Respected Member
    maybe not,, but obviously i , or any body else, would know what VIP means in normal circumstances, but i thought that in this instance it may have meant something different,, and i have to enquire, a simple clarification is all that is needed, not some smartypans attitude,, still, i thanked him for his help, however bombastic,,,

maybe not,, but obviously i , or any body else, would know what VIP means in normal circumstances, but i thought that in this instance it may have meant something different,, and i have to enquire, a simple clarification is all that is needed, not some smartypans attitude,, still, i thanked him for his help, however bombastic,,,
    C'mon nnomad,
    If you feel you may want to continue to seek help from all the members here, then someone is gonna have to bite their lip. Whoever is right or wrong, or whoever started the 'thing' first makes no difference someone is gonna have to bite their lip. Maybe it's a better strategy if you could be the one coz I don't think I can convince everyone else at the moment.
    What do you say? eh?
    Call it quits and continue or risk that no-one will bother to reply anymore.

It's true there are plenty of forums out there in cyberspace, but this one has some very knowledgeable members, it also has a very large active membership (which is always a good thing for a variety of good experience)

Try to grow a slightly thicker skin for your cyberspace activity, and dont let your pride think everyone wants to attack you personally just because you erxpressing viewpoint was openly debated.

Anyway at least think about it and decide your best strategy, you can't continue to grow here and help yourself and your g/f if you alienate everyone you hope will eventually help and support you.

I'm sure you're a perfectly reasonable and generous bloke.

Respected Member
    Terpe , thank you very much for you sound advice on all things,,,,, i have no " thing " and i do not feel that anyone let alone everyone wants to attack me personally,,,,, i am not on here to fall out with anyone,, to me it is not a game, i am here seriously trying to get as much information as possible to ease our visa application,,, that some people will look on some of my , seemingly simplistisc, questions as a reason for sarcasim,, or , on other topics, trying to act like little hitlers, is really of no concern to me,,,to the contrary, i am very gratefull to the many people taking time and effort to share their knowledge with and to help me ..... R & ( M )

i am on here to gain as much information as possible and if it means putting up with some smartypants then so be it,, thanks again...
    a simple clarification is all that is needed, not some smartypants attitude,, still, i thanked him for his help, however bombastic,,,
    Smartypants?

That's twice you've used the definition in as many posts ... and I don't need to be particularly smart to work out in whose direction the comment was aimed.

Thing IS, far from being the you imagine, I'm just an ordinary bloke like yourself ... the difference between us being that I am a senior citizen who is prepared to devote many, MANY hours of my retirement to "behind the scenes" research - often late into the night ... in areas with which I am not altogether familiar - to helping others (as best I can ) to bring them closer to their loved ones.

One example of my efforts to help YOU can be found in #23 overleaf ... which you DIDN'T even bother to acknowledge!

Bombastic? NO! ... I'm not the person who's being bombastic.

Oi, Arthur .. thank you.. i received reputation points and now i had 124 points..

Yes, it is a big helps to other 'who wish to apply visit visa. much better we share our ideas and knowledge to our fellow friends.. it good to help

Thank you once again Arthur

Trusted Member
    I would also like to thank Arthur for his VALUED AND MUCH APPRECIATED contributions to the forum...and also for being even older than me.

Agree with you Graham..More info and advice that we can get in this site.helps a lot for those who need.Patience and understanding of moderator and members to answer all the info that we need.thanks a lot to all of you.God bless us always.

Thanks to all those who've expressed their appreciation of the sterling work carried out by so many on this marvellous site ... it's truly heartwarming.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Smartypants?

That's twice you've used the definition in as many posts ... and I don't need to be particularly smart to work out in whose direction the comment was aimed.

Thing IS, far from being the you imagine, I'm just an ordinary bloke like yourself ... the difference between us being that I am a senior citizen who is prepared to devote many, MANY hours of my retirement to "behind the scenes" research - often late into the night ... in areas with which I am not altogether familiar - to helping others (as best I can ) to bring them closer to their loved ones.

One example of my efforts to help YOU can be found in #23 overleaf ... which you DIDN'T even bother to acknowledge!

Bombastic? NO! ... I'm not the person who's being bombastic.
    i am sorry if you feel you have been overlooked when i have thanked everybody, sometimes person specific and sometimes generally, ( see post 3,5,14,16,18,27,29,31,36,37,49,53 ) for their effort and help , irrispective of how " funny " they thought my questions ( ! )to be,,,,,,,,thanks to this " friendly " forum i feel we are now much better prepared to go ahead with our application,,,,,, thank you all again,, R ( and M )

i am sorry if you feel you have been overlooked when i have thanked everybody, sometimes person specific and sometimes generally, ( see post 3,5,14,16,18,27,29,31,36,37,49,53 ) for their effort and help , irrispective of how " funny " they thought my questions ( ! )to be,,,,,,,,thanks to this " friendly " forum i feel we are now much better prepared to go ahead with our application,,,,,, thank you all again,, R ( and M )
    Ah well ... we all do our best in trying to help each other here - because just about every one of us has experienced similar anxieties and frustrations in our attempts to bring loved ones to this country - which is one of the main reasons why the forum is truly a friendly place. And knowledegeable people like Terpe & Joe Bloggs - to name but two - are a virtual godsend.

Sometimes along the way, the "pathway" ahead appears to be strewn with seemingly insurmountable obstacles ... and it's at times like these, that it provides some much-needed light relief to engage in a bit of banter with "fellow travellers". Such was the intention with my ill~considered about "Very Funny Stuff". No offence meant!

I'm glad to read that you and your girlfriend now find yourselves more readily-equipped to proceed with your application. So once again, I wish you both every success.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information