Many of us already know the process of requesting a copy/copies of Marriage Certificate/Marriage Contract authenticated from National Statistics Office (NSO). But for those who are planning to get married or just got married in the Philippines, here are some tips and advice I can share based on my own experience.

After getting married, you might want to get copy/copies of your marriage certificate as soon as possible. Normally It would take 6 months or more to process and register your marriage at NSO. But for those who need it asap for visa, travel purposes, employment and the like, you can use the fast track services they offer or what we call "Advance Endorsement".

You may file for "advance endorsement" at the Local Civil Registry Office (LCRO) of the city/municipality where the marriage took place. Advance endorsement means requesting the LCRO to advance ("endorse") a copy of marriage certificate to the National Statistics Office (NSO) ahead of the regular schedule of submission of civil registry documents. It will take 2 weeks to 4 weeks for them to process instead of 6 months. The LCRO will charge a fee for this service. The fee is Php160 (If I'm not mistaken). Please ensure that the copy to be forwarded to the NSO is the ORIGINAL COPY for the OFFICE OF THE CIVIL REGISTRAR GENERAL, or the OCRG Copy. Otherwise, you will be issued the NSO Feedback Form containing further instructions.

You may have the document forwarded to the NSO via your preferred local courier service; this will be to your account. Delivery should be addressed to:

MS. LOURDES J. HUFANA
CIVIL REGISTRATION DEPARTMENT
NATIONAL STATISTICS OFFICE
3/F VIBAL BUILDING, EDSA COR. TIMES ST.
QUEZON CITY 1104

I paid Php80.00 for the courier fee thru LBC. I was told to keep the receipt for future reference. The registrar officer gave me the NSO contact number to follow up my advance endorsement. You may contact them at 737-1111. At exactly 1 week and 6 days I rang them and I was told that my request have been processed. The next day I proceeded to the nearer NSO serbilis center to request 3 copies of our marriage certificate. It was Php140.00 per copy and I got them in an hour.

Thereafter, you may apply for a copy/copies of the birth certificate through this website.

http://www.citizenservices.com.ph/

https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Default.aspx

or phone at (632) 981-7777/-7778

Its just a bit expensive but Its worth it as you don't have to travel to the NSO centers anymore, saves you time and very convenient, just a matter of clicks and you can receive your copies at home thru courier.

Note: Advance endorsement services is also available for Birth Certificate.

Hope this helps.

Juvy